Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Demento Farty 45

88Comrade2000

Trump will dismantle key US weather and science agency, climate experts fear

Climate experts fear Donald Trump will follow a blueprint created by his allies to gut the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa), disbanding its work on climate science and tailoring its operations to business interests.

Joe Biden’s presidency has increased the profile of the science-based federal agency but its future has been put in doubt if Trump wins a second term and at a time when climate impacts continue to worsen.

The plan to “break up Noaa is laid out in the Project 2025 document written by more than 350 rightwingers and helmed by the Heritage Foundation. Called the Mandate for Leadership: The Conservative Promise, it is meant to guide the first 180 days of presidency for an incoming Republican president.

The document bears the fingerprints of Trump allies, including Johnny McEntee, who was one of Trump’s closest aides and is a senior adviser to Project 2025. “The National Oceanographic [sic] and Atmospheric Administration (Noaa) should be dismantled and many of its functions eliminated, sent to other agencies, privatized, or placed under the control of states and territories,” the proposal says.

Click on the link for the full article

• Thumb down 1

18 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

For anyone who didn't read the dog-killing section of Noem's book, the dog sounded violent and uncontrollable so it was not just that she didn't like it or that it wouldn't hunt...

At the same time, though, there are A MILLION OTHER WAYS OF HANDLING A DOG LIKE THAT OTHER THAN SHOOTING IT IN THE HEAD...there are literally dozens if not hundreds of organizations in the U.S. that specialize in training dogs to control their "alpha-ness" (for lack of a better way of putting it) and training it to socialize itself, often with the use of other well-behaved alpha dogs laying down the law. But Noem had the mentality of "What do I need them for? I have a gun." Sheesh...really do feel this will do her in for anything other than keeping her seat as governor. And maybe not even that.

The dog could've been planning a mass shooting, the context of the story has been told in a certain way and that is now the truth. When this comes up, she'll have to defend it and she won't be able to. Americans are weird about their dogs, I don't get it.

6 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

What exactly don't you get? 🤔 

I could hijack a school bus, crash it into Walmart, kill everyone inside and still get more support than if I kicked a dog. I get that people like dogs, but I think people go overboard with it. Why do we always need a "dog story" to beat the GOP in a presidential election?

2 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I could hijack a school bus, crash it into Walmart, kill everyone inside and still get more support than if I kicked a dog. I get that people like dogs, but I think people go overboard with it. Why do we always need a "dog story" to beat the GOP in a presidential election?

Because common sense doesn't seem to be working right now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

Dogs and small children are basically the epitome of unconditional love, abiding trust, and complete loyalty...I'm not sure it's reasonable to think those things won't have a strong effect in our perceptions when something happens to either. I would say we are protective of both--whether they are ours or not--precisely because of those qualities they bring to our lives. Kids can grow up and lose those qualities, of course lol...but if they do, it's usually due to how bad the parents were. Dogs, it's damn hard to shake that unconditional love and loyalty out of them as they grow up.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Don't care the people said she was on Cheeto Jesus' shortlist. I don't believe it. She brings nothing extra to helping him win. A State he doesn't even need to campaign in. She has her own legal issues that most people don't really know about. The GOPers that would consider themselves moderate probably still have PTSD from Palin. 

All these suckups aren't going to bring him PA or AZ or VA or Mich. For being a huge suckup, Pence was never MTG level nuts in public. He just had no spine and is a total coward and liar. Donny needs another one of those, who looks like an adult right now in the GOP. The MAGA folks will vote for whoever is the VP pick. They need this person to convince some Conservatives and Indies that they will keep Trump in check "This time". 

Also, I hope this lady is mauled by her farm animals, but she lives to be disfigured and in pain forever. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Not at all sure "we need a dog story" to beat the GOP. 

Maybe a better question is "why do we always have a GOP dog story?"

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

I can see this bring a bit of reach given the thread title, but the content is mainly focused on Trump v Biden, and it's well worth viewing in general (and of course for topically related humor value, always welcome in any ES thread). It's a link Colin Jost's whole routine at the Annual White House Press Dinner

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/colin-jost-13-best-jokes-152649997.html

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jumbo said:

I can see this bring a bit of reach given the thread title, but the content is mainly focused on Trump v Biden, and it's well worth viewing in general (and of course for topically related humor value, always welcome in any ES thread). It's a link Colin Jost's whole routine at the Annual White House Press Dinner

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/colin-jost-13-best-jokes-152649997.html

"President Biden, Dr. Biden, Vice President Harris...Doug." LOL...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Cooked Crack said:

Desantis was going to fold faster thar Superman on laundry day. He's unnecessary to fatso and it's not like he's going to go campaign for him in Pennsylvania for people who need to be convinced. ****, he needs Nikki Haley for that. 

• Thumb up 1