Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Presidential Election 2024: 11/5/24- Prosecutor vs Felon

88Comrade2000

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Isn't he the one who had his mother complain that he couldn't get a vegan diet in jail? 

JAIL IS NOT MEANT TO BE PLEASANT, YOU IDIOT. 

Just like a libertarian cat, verociously independent from a system they are utterly dependent on.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, tshile said:

You’re talking about the general public. They have short memories and are stupid. 

I hate to break it to you but these are the same people who think the economy is bad, and that it’s Biden’s fault, and are likely to show up to vote more concerned about Bidens current age and how angry they are at the state of the country than anything Trump did 2016-2020

Part of the benefit of all these trials taking so long to get started, and drag out to completion, is it helps keep it all in the current news and makes it harder to forget. 

But never underestimate the stupidity and laziness of 80% of the general public. 

I’ve pointed this out in past, pre-Trump election cycles, but the main flaw of the dem supporters is they r become convinced their ideas/preferences/outlook is the only one that’s right (whether that means morally, critical thinking, etc)

lots of people don’t like lots of things about the democrats platform, or about certain candidates. Not recognizing this is why you lost 2016. I’m not really to make any declarations about 2024, Biden hasn’t started campaigning and we don’t even know who he’s going against yet, but the overwhelming reluctance to be rational and grounded in reality when discussing this stuff is part of the reason you all lose races and don’t understand why. 

I personally have had problems with the Dem platform. The inability of the party to accept gay marriage for a long time was a huge problem for me. I didn't vote Republican or 3rd party because of it though. Why? Because, despite that, the Dem platform wasn't as repugnant as the Moral Majority or whatever flavor of the year platform the GOP sold out too.

To me, if the choice is supporting the party of white Christian nationalism or supporting the party of Russia must be held in check, guess which one should get the vote? It's not ****ing rocket science. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

39 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

T, I think more Dems could accept that if the Republican nominee were someone other than Trump.

The dude goes out of his way to praise Putin, Xi, KJU, and Orban in just about every speech he gives these days. But not enough people seem to know or care. That is disturbing.

it doesn’t matter who the other person is. I’m not discussing the republican alternative. I’m  discussing the general public. 

this is the entire point. People get so wrapped up in all this they lose sight over what matters - how the general public behaves. 

11 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

To me, if the choice is supporting the party of white Christian nationalism or supporting the party of Russia must be held in check, guess which one should get the vote? It's not ****ing rocket science. 

Right. To you. 
and to most people here

that’s my point. You’re so attached to your personal view you can’t zoom out and see how the general public behaves and thinks. 

case in point, what started our discussion - you can’t figure out why anyone cares about Biden age (to which I would add, it’s not like Trump is really any younger. What’s he 3 year younger? 😂)

Edited by tshile

8 minutes ago, tshile said:

it doesn’t matter who the other person is. I’m not discussing the republican alternative. I’m  discussing the general public. 

By the general public you are likely referring to the independents. I am in agreement that inflation and Bidens age will be enough to carry Trump to a 2024 win.

But what will get Trump there is easily winning the votes of his own party, also part of the general public. That is maddening.

Yes, as a former sitting president, I'd expect Trump to be competitive.

But if the field cleared tomorrow to just Nikki, Trump would still beat her by at least 65-35. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

By the general public you are likely referring to the independents. I am in agreement that inflation and Bidens age will be enough to carry Trump to a 2024 win.

I’ll never understand why it’s so difficult to communicate with some people here. It’s in text, take what is said and work with it instead of changing it into something else. 

I never said anything would carry Trump to a win. It’s fine you think that’s, but it’s not what I said. 

and no, by “general public” I don’t mean independents. I mean general public. The vast majority of people that don’t pay much attention, or don’t care, and may not even vote reliably 

So when it is August-November next year, when the 60% or so start to pay attention, you all don't think Biden and Trump come up to be a wash on the age thing?  And then Biden hits Trump on the whole "this guy is a criminal... he's trying to stay out of jail." 

If the GOP really wanted to jump on the age train and ensure it is solid, they should roll with Nikki or Ron. 

I think Trump is doing himself a disservice by not participating in the GOP debates.... and maybe he will even try to skip the Presidential ones.

• Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

you all don't think Biden and Trump come up to be a wash on the age thing

No because for whatever reason Biden always looks old when he’s on camera and Trump looks stupid, and as someone pointed out a while back people seem to give Trump a pass for being stupid 🤷‍♂️ 

of course it should be a wash. Biden may be old and have a speech impediment but I haven’t seen anything that suggests he is in mental decline. Not to mention Trump is seemingly a criminal that tried to overthrow the government …

4 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Biden mightve stepped down if the red wave had materialized in 2022. But it didn't, and those results coupled with those last Tuesday probably have him thinking that the polls aren't as dire as suggested.

He also may have stepped down if the GOP had moved on from Trump. That hasn't happened. To Biden I think this is personal.

Both parties have made choices that have been short sighted. Biden's age is a liability for the Dems in '24, and Trumps buffoonery is going to hurt the GOP in '28. 

Uh, there will not be a election in 28.  Trump will do everything to ensure he’s there for life and appoint his successor after he’s gone.

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Uh, there will not be a election in 28.  Trump will do everything to ensure he’s there for life and appoint his successor after he’s gone.

giphy.webp

Yeah that's not going to happen. 

Fwiw Trump will be lucky to live to see 2028. 

He's in poor health and the dementia has already started. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

3 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Yeah that's not going to happen. 

Fwiw Trump will be lucky to live to see 2028. 

If you combine the state law changes since 2020, with project 2025 and the axios scoop cooked crack posted earlier in this thread … the idea many of us threw out there a while ago that the biggest issue for Trump was he waited to long to do it, and if he gets another shot he won’t make that same mistake… it’s looking more and more correct. 

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

If you combine the state law changes since 2020, with project 2025 and the axios scoop cooked crack posted earlier in this thread … the idea many of us threw out there a while ago that the biggest issue for Trump was he waited to long to do it, and if he gets another shot he won’t make that same mistake… it’s looking more and more correct. 

So he's going to get an amendment passed to repeal the 22nd? Sure, Jan. 

Wording
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, The Evil Genius said:

So he's going to get an amendment passed to overturn the 22nd? Sure, Jan. 

so that’s cute and all but the whole idea of ransacking the capitol seemed far fetched till it happened. 

it’s odd, given everything you’ve said about him and republicans, over the years, as we’ve watched them try to rig the system in numerous ways, for you to now be like “nah they can’t go that far”

but whatever 

2 hours ago, tshile said:

I’ll never understand why it’s so difficult to communicate with some people here. It’s in text, take what is said and work with it instead of changing it into something else. 

I never said anything would carry Trump to a win. It’s fine you think that’s, but it’s not what I said. 

and no, by “general public” I don’t mean independents. I mean general public. The vast majority of people that don’t pay much attention, or don’t care, and may not even vote reliably 

The general public only cares about themselves and how their lives are going. Biden’s popularity being this low isn’t just because of gopers/ maga or independents but among Dems also.

It won’t be because that Trump is the opposition candidate ,democracy,  abortion, etc….  I know many believe that those things will drive the election but not really at the presidential level. Maybe I’ll be wrong on that but average American isn’t that smart.

For the vast majority it will be what they feel about which candidate will make their lives better.  Trump is winning that right now.  They aren’t looking at the threat of his next term but how will he make my life better than Biden. Americans aren’t that nuanced. Biden has a year to change their minds. 

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

so that’s cute and all but the whole idea of ransacking the capitol seemed far fetched till it happened. 

it’s odd, given everything you’ve said about him and republicans, over the years, as we’ve watched them try to rig the system in numerous ways, for you to now be like “nah they can’t go that far”

but whatever 

Even the strict constitutionalists on SCOTUS would push back on it. And they're much more evil than Trump. 

It's not going to happen.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 2

4 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

It won’t be because that Trump is the opposition candidate ,democracy,  abortion, etc….  I know many believe that those things will drive the election but not really at the presidential level. Maybe I’ll be wrong on that but average American isn’t that smart.

I agree with your comments about the general public,  but not this. The last election was pretty clear abortion is driving turnout and results. So I’ll continue to believe it will until shown otherwise. 

and has been said so many times it’s a dead horse and we just continue to beat it:

no one is leading the general election. Biden isn’t campaigning and the GOP primary isn’t over. Those polls don’t mean anything. Stop pretending they do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Even the strict constitutionalists on SCOTUS would push back on it. And they're much more evil than Trump. 

It's not going to happen.

Trump Will literally eliminate anyone that opposes him and what he wants to do and he’s got enough of that  74 million; willing to enforce his will .

Trump will do everything to make sure the country becomes a dictatorship and will use violence to ensure it.

6 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Trump Will literally eliminate anyone that opposes him and what he wants to do and he’s got enough of that  74 million; willing to enforce his will .

Trump will do everything to make sure the country becomes a dictatorship and will use violence to ensure it.

Then we will all fight back!!!

3499ae94254534acd53cda8168c458a3.jpg

17 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

So uh...what kept him from doing all this in January 2021?

Spoiler

Don't think too hard. 

• Thumb up 1