Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Election 2024 & Presidential Cage Match: Dark Brandon 46 vs Felonious Farty 45

88Comrade2000

22 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

RFK jr couldn’t come up with an original ad and stole one his late uncle used.

That ad was rated dead last.

If there were any voters swayed by the stolen ad, they are dumb as ****. Once Ted died , that Kennedy mystique died with him.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

That ad was rated dead last.

If they were any voters swayed by the stolen ad, they are dumb as ****. Once Ted died , that Kennedy mystique died with him.

I had thought Joe Kennedy III would have become a star after his 2016 DNC speech. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Evil Genius said:

I had thought Joe Kennedy III would have become a star after his 2016 DNC speech. 

I think he got disillusioned when some persons issues of his became public and he quit a national public life. I think he still does stuff on a smaller, more private scale.

Why isn't Haley getting good publicity or pushed?  The GOP race isn't over. There should be tons of articles today about "Trump is the face of a new isolationsist anti-soldier / veteran GOP..."

Is there no more primaries?  

3 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Why isn't Haley getting good publicity or pushed?  The GOP race isn't over. There should be tons of articles today about "Trump is the face of a new isolationsist anti-soldier / veteran GOP..."

Ferg, you're seriously acting like this is news.  The average GOP voter has known this for nine years and......they......don't.....care.  Why? Because he fights.

And Biden's age and having the inflation (thanks in large part to covid stimmy) is going to put Trump's old ass back in the WH in January.

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Is there no more primaries?  

The GOP primary was over before it started. The GOP is the party of Trump. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

The GOP primary was over before it started. The GOP is the party of Trump. 

This.

He'll have to be dead and gone with a national cycle where the wannabes to replace him all fail worse than 18, 20, and 22 for the party to cast these people out. Even then it might not work.

• Like 1

I am not really talking about the base.  I am talking about the media and it's ability to frame and shape narratives. Let's stress test American Democracy some more.  It's not that its a coalition of the rich wanting a little more tax cuts, Christians wanting a set of more Christian laws, anti-immigrant forces wanting to deport people.  That's somewhat normal.

What isn't is the deification of one man.

One man has been stress testing Democracy.  One man co-opted a political party.  One man has signalled that he's willing to be the "American Hitler".  

Right now, if polls are to believed, it's coming down to the Jan 6 trial. Because Trump has already been found guilty of business fraud. Already found guilty of sexual assault.   So all the voters, the line they will draw (or have said they will draw) is a criminal conviction.  Or so they claim. 

I guess some people, many people will trade stress-testing democracy for their policy preferences.  With this guy, it's not about policy. And his policy is "what's best for Trump".  

Bro, you are too fat to fit through the eye of a needle with this nonsense. Giving Chris Christie airtime is a waste. We get it, you want to be invited to all these shows. Paid for some TV hits. Try to position yourself as some kind of rational conservative. It's not working. Next he's going to say he's writing in Ronald Reagan.

• Haha 2

There are a lot of parallels between Trump and past fascists taking over a country

including how the media behaves throughout it

businessmen who wanted lower taxes, didn’t subscribe to naziism but they saw the power hitler had over a large group of people and tried to use it to get what they wanted by supporting his rising power. Anti-trans and anti-gay people (with money/power) that weren’t nazis saw Hitlers power over his followers and supported him (Germany was a pretty progressive state wrt gay and trans people, in the lead up to Hitler.) neither group supported naziism, neither thought hitler would ever take complete control, so they turned a blind eye to him and his rhetoric because they figured it didn’t matter and they just needed that bloc to vote for their items. 

many of those people, once Hitler took total control, were executed in the streets or locked up in concentration/death camps. 

lots of parallels. How the media is behaving is one of them. Who supports him and why, is another. 

of all the documentaries I’ve taken in on the rise of fascism, there’s two common threads:

- they don’t succeed the first time, but because the government is inept and slow and stupid, they are afforded multiple chances and they eventually get it right

- if you just listen to them, they tell you exactly who they are. Others will cover for it, make excuses, say they are jokes or the other side is being ridiculous. But when it’s all said and done, and you go back over the history of it, they were telling you the truth (about who they were and what their plans were) the whole time 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 3