Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why would this delay a sale though? It wouldn’t be the new owner that’s getting sued. The new owner wouldn’t have anything to do with the civil lawsuit, would he?

The Commanders and the NFL are named in the suit.  There is a monetary risk that needs to be negotiated. Either the new owner takes on the risk or has Dan put part of the sale proceeds in escrow until after the case is concluded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Is there Any chance all this stuff actually emboldens Snyder in deciding to just keep the team? I feel like this stuff ties everyone to the hip and they'll want to work together. 

Who knows, nothing would surprise me with the clown. I know it would be my last straw and I would give up on being a fan of the franchise. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The Commanders and the NFL are named in the suit.  There is a monetary risk that needs to be negotiated. Either the new owner takes on the risk or has Dan put part of the sale proceeds in escrow until after the case is concluded.

Yeah, but it’s the Dan Snyder commanders that are being sued. It wouldn’t be the Jeff Bezos/Jay-Z/Matthew Mcc commanders. What would the risk be? 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yeah, but it’s the Dan Snyder commanders that are being sued. It wouldn’t be the Jeff Bezos/Jay-Z/Matthew Mcc commanders. What would the risk be? 

The team is being sued in addition to Dan. They are separate defendants. The team can be held liable even after transfer of ownership.  

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The org. is being sued directly, as a separate entity. The liability falls onto it, it's also why the named Snyder directly. It doesn't allow him to hide behind the team, they are both subject to the proceedings and can both be found liable separately. 

If you buy the team before it is settled, you are accepting the risk level of the pending litigation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Is there Any chance all this stuff actually emboldens Snyder in deciding to just keep the team? I feel like this stuff ties everyone to the hip and they'll want to work together. 

I don't see at this point that there's any scenario that ends with Snyder in possession of the team when the smoke clears.

You've got multiple active civil investigations, the possibility of criminal investigations, a compromised league Commisioner, an owner verbally calling for his ouster, possible league financial liability, and now even some players feel free to start spilling the beans on their view of ownership.

There will be no partial sale or decision not to sell. Either he sells the team voluntarily or the owners vote as a block to oust him and deal with any litigation afterwards.

2 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They suit is against the team, too.  It's against Snyder, Goodell, the NFL AND the Commanders.  

So, by “commanders”, does that mean the players and coaches are also being sued, since they’re part of the commanders? I’m so confused on that….

sorry if that sounds stupid. I’m just struggling to understand fully what it means. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

4 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

They suit is against the team, too.  It's against Snyder, Goodell, the NFL AND the Commanders.  

If Dan sells quickly to try and get out of this, the new owners can acknowledge the issues with the AG and immediately settle. This could have been over months ago if Dan didn’t have such a massive ego

Edited by Havenless

So, by “commanders”, does that mean the players and coaches are also being sued, since they’re part of the commanders? I’m so confused on that….

sorry if that sounds stupid. I’m just struggling to understand fully what it means. 

Naming the team is only the business. It's like suing Ford, you're not suing the guy on the line but the overall entity. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Havenless said:

If Dan sells quickly to try and get out of this, the new owners can acknowledge the issues with the AG and immediately settle. This could have been over months ago if Dan didn’t have such a massive ego

The AG said selling the team won't help Snyder since he's still a defendant. My guess is that the NFL settles with a massive payout to make it all go away and prevent them from having to testify in court and reveal emails.

It's not just Snyder's ego...this all started because of Goodell's disastrous decision to not release the Wilkinson report. That would have worked back in the 1980s, but not in this era.

I think Goofball Goodell should be shown the door too. His misguided efforts to 'defend the shield' only brought more heat. I'm not surprised that he didn't foresee that possibility because he's always been kind of dumb, IMO. Certainly not like Tagliabue was!

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'd imagine after a sale, if the case is still pending the AG would drop the team (and new owner) as a defendant. They'd got their wish and gotten rid of Dan as owner of the team and they would continue to go after him and the NFL/Goodelle. They would want a good relationship with the city and the new owners.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

It's not just Snyder's ego...this all started because of Goodell's disastrous decision to not release the Wilkinson report. That would have worked back in the 1980s, but not in this era.

Goodell could have forced Danny out two years ago. Instead he took the easy/shady way out and it's coming back to bite him. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, slinky said:

I'd imagine after a sale, if the case is still pending the AG would drop the team (and new owner) as a defendant. They'd got their wish and gotten rid of Dan as owner of the team and they would continue to go after him and the NFL/Goodelle. They would want a good relationship with the city and the new owners.

That would make sense, yeah. 

That would make sense, yeah. 

and if JayZoshey is the owner then I'll guarantee DC will want them back in the city and scrap whatever plans the have for RFK site.

Just now, slinky said:

and if JayZoshey is the owner then I'll guarantee DC will want them back in the city and scrap whatever plans the have for RFK site.

but i'm just making stuff up now.

• Like 1

Here’s the bottom line…

Dan is in way more trouble today than he was yesterday.  He had also brought more trouble upon the league.

2 outcomes:

1- He sells soon

2- He sells a little longer from now than soon

Im not a lawyer so I guess there’s a chance this *could* bog down a sale prior to the start of next season.

This will only infuriate the other owners more so it’s just a matter of time.

It’s WHEN, not IF.

• Like 3