Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

31 minutes ago, Phantvm said:

In a world without Bezos ownership, I’d agree. But hey, we can dream can’t we? What has happened in Buffalo is the thing of legend. From possible relocation to a perennial contender and new stadium in the works. Beane would be a master stroke of genious. 

@Skinsinparadise what is your take away from that report? Feeling more at ease at the possibility of its realization?

I've been listening to whatever I can and read whatever I can.  This is the impression I get.  And granted this is from insider types speculation so it might have no grounding since Dan is such a recluse.

But for whatever its worth which might be nothing, the impression i get is Dan and Tanya got a heavy dose from the owners behind the scenes that its time for him to go and they took it to heart finally.  I think his long shot pipe dream is to find some minority owner with some panache and money and that both wins over the fans and the other owners but I think Dan realizes that its a long shot.

I commented on this last week which is I get the impression Dan has insulated himself so much that he feels that he can escape the fans wrath but that changed because Tanya is no longer a shield.  My gut is similar to some beat guys which is that it was jarring to Dan-Tanya to see Tanya booed and the sell the team chants in recent weeks.  To that point, I am hoping it happens again tomorrow.

My worst fear is lets say they win tomorrow and Dan is so juiced that he says forget it.  But my impression is this is going down.  the train is too far down the road.  If he backs out now, the outcry from fans and fellow owners I gather would be defeaning.  So I am VERY optimstic.

But Dan to me feels a lot like a Horror Film villain, like Michael Myers which is i want to make sure he's truly dead so to speak before relaxing. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

32 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I’d put 100 bucks down that the league wants this done to do them clean sweep of everyone in January

They want it announced week before Super Bowl so Roger doesn’t have to answer any Snyder questions during his annual Super Bowl presser. Plus it gets maximum positive exposure to casual fans. It will get approved at March meetings officially. A consultant will be brought in and Rivera and the Martys will have a lame duck year as dead men walking. That’s how this plays out. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I’d put 100 bucks down that the league wants this done to do them clean sweep of everyone in January

It doesn’t matter what the league wants.  Transactions take the time they take.  You can’t force a billion dollar transaction because you want it to happen.  

Also, the NFL isn’t the major player in the transaction.  It’s Dan selling to whoever.  The NFL has to approve it.  But that’s all they really are involved with.  Otherwise it’s between Dan and the buyers. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

They want it announced week before Super Bowl so Roger doesn’t have to answer any Snyder questions during his annual Super Bowl presser. Plus it gets maximum positive exposure to casual fans. It will get approved at March meetings officially. A consultant will be brought in and Rivera and the Martys will have a lame duck year as dead men walking. That’s how this plays out. 

Also, it would just be highly unusual, for general business and for the NFL to have a sale completed in less than 6 months.  That hasn’t been the history, it’s always taken 5-6 months as far as I can tell, at least in modern times. 

10 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

It doesn’t matter what the league wants.  Transactions take the time they take.  You can’t force a billion dollar transaction because you want it to happen.  

Also, the NFL isn’t the major player in the transaction.  It’s Dan selling to whoever.  The NFL has to approve it.  But that’s all they really are involved with.  Otherwise it’s between Dan and the buyers. 

Not if Dan doesn’t want the Mary Jo White investigation to be concluded and action to be taken by the NFL prior to the announcement of a sale. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Also, it would just be highly unusual, for general business and for the NFL to have a sale completed in less than 6 months.  That hasn’t been the history, it’s always taken 5-6 months as far as I can tell, at least in modern times. 

March meetings are exactly 6 months from now when it would be formally concluded.

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Just came across this. So for those hoping we totally clean house or change the name. Might wanna hope Jay z isn’t involved with whoever the new ownership group is. Seems like he had influence on both the Jason Wright hire and the naming process 

Sorry...2021? Did I read that wrong?

Edited by tmandoug1

4 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

Jay Z was in talks to buy a minority share from Dan. Ultimately Dan bought out Fred Smith and Schar himself. It’s also been reported that Jay Z keeps in contact with Dan. If keeping Jason and the name is what it takes to get rid of Dan and get Bezos in with Jay Z so be it. Left hand up!

Edited by SoCalSkins
  • Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I've been listening to whatever I can and read whatever I can.  This is the impression I get.  And granted this is from insider types speculation so it might have no grounding since Dan is such a recluse.

But for whatever its worth which might be nothing, the impression i get is Dan and Tanya got a heavy dose from the owners behind the scenes that its time for him to go and they took it to heart finally.  I think his long shot pipe dream is to find some minority owner with some panache and money and that both wins over the fans and the other owners but I think Dan realizes that its a long shot.

I commented on this last week which is I get the impression Dan has insulated himself so much that he feels that he can escape the fans wrath but that changed because Tanya is no longer a shield.  My gut is similar to some beat guys which is that it was jarring to Dan-Tanya to see Tanya booed and the sell the team chants in recent weeks.  To that point, I am hoping it happens again tomorrow.

My worst fear is lets say they win tomorrow and Dan is so juiced that he says forget it.  But my impression is this is going down.  the train is too far down the road.  If he backs out now, the outcry from fans and fellow owners I gather would be defeaning.  So I am VERY optimstic.

But Dan to me feels a lot like a Horror Film villain, like Michael Myers which is i want to make sure he's truly dead so to speak before relaxing. 

I believe, like you, that there is high reason to be optimistic about the actualization of this new abstract reality of Dan and Washington football no longer being synonymous. However, in this case unlike you, I think this horror villain has met the, “final girl”, all puns intended. His goose is cooked.

How do you feel about a Bezos/Jay-z ownership partnership?

11 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Well context is important. Denver had sibling squabbles for example. Just looking at how long recent sales went and drawing this conclusion is a bit shallow 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tmandoug1 said:

No but it doesn’t change what that means that’s about a year into the name change process and regardless of the date it doesn’t change the fact that Jay helped Jason Wright get the job as team president 

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Jay Z was in talks to buy a minority share from Dan. Ultimately Dan bought out Fred Smith and Schar himself. It’s also been reported that Jay Z keeps in contact with Dan. If keeping Jason and the name is what it takes to get rid of Dan and get Bezos in with Jay Z so be it. Left hand up!

Haters can’t stand us 🤣🤫

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Just came across this. So for those hoping we totally clean house or change the name. Might wanna hope Jay z isn’t involved with whoever the new ownership group is. Seems like he had influence on both the Jason Wright hire and the naming process 

If Bezos is putting up the lions share of this purchase, he’ll have much more say than Jay-Z. Make no mistake about, Bezos will be the owner and Jay-Z will be a famous shareholder. 

Edited by No Nonsense
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

They’ll fast track it. It’ll be done on 2022

2 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

No but it doesn’t change what that means that’s about a year into the name change process and regardless of the date it doesn’t change the fact that Jay helped Jason Wright get the job as team president 

So your tying this to a possible purchase?  

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Not if Dan doesn’t want the Mary Jo White investigation to be concluded and action to be taken by the NFL prior to the announcement of a sale. 

But the buyer has to be on the same schedule and in my experience for a deal of this size and complexity, with very savvy  business people on the buyers side, they won’t be rushed.  

I can’t see Dan as being the hold up.  He’s going to want his money ASAP if he’s decided to sell.  It’s the buyer who typically drives the schedule.

One thing I didn’t mention in my tome of a post earlier, in the LOI, a timeline is agreed to.  The Letter of Intent typically has a period of exclusivity.  For deals if this size, it’s generally no less than 90 days.  And can be as many as 180. 

2 minutes ago, Phantvm said:

I believe, like you, that there is high reason to be optimistic about the actualization of this new abstract reality of Dan and Washington football no longer being synonymous. However, in this case unlike you, I think this horror villain has met the, “final girl”, all puns intended. His goose is cooked.

How do you feel about a Bezos/Jay-z ownership partnership?

Not saying he isn't cooked, feels like he is but i'd feel better if it 100% goes down. 

As for Bezos-Jay Z, in theory I like it because of Bezo's weatth.  But I'd need to digest it more.  I am in the camp that all billionaries aren't the same.    Some say the cap is a myth.  i don't agree but I do to some extent believe that the loophole to the cap is pro-rating contracts and offering more guaranteed money than a competiting bid.   I do think Dan is/was outgunned on this front versus some other more cash rich owners.  I do like like the idea of having an owner with major cash flow which helps with FA contracts, manipulating the cap, etc.

Plus having vistied some of the modern NFL stadiums, I'd love an owner to with the political connections and resources to build something special like those places.  Bezos in theory would be someone who could do that.

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well context is important. Denver had sibling squabbles for example. Just looking at how long recent sales went and drawing this conclusion is a bit shallow 

For Denver, the 5 month period was after the sibling squabble ended and the team was actually listed for sale.  The squabble started in 2021 I believe and was finally resolved when the franchise hit the market in Feb.  From that point, it took 5 months.  

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

If Bezos is putting up the lions share of this purchase, he’ll have much more say than Jay-Z. Make no mistake about, Bezos will be the owner and Jay-Z will be a famous shareholder. 

Maybe maybe not but between Bezos and jay which one of them has been an owner of a sports franchise, has consulted with the nfl and nfl franchises for years, and has knowledge of how nfl player contracts work through their sports agency roc nation. Why would Bezos want jay z if it’s not from a money perspective because the dude has first hand knowledge 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not saying he isn't cooked, feels like he is but i'd feel better if it 100% goes down. 

As for Bezos-Jay Z, in theory I like it because of Bezo's weatth.  But I'd need to digest it more.  I am in the camp that all billionaries aren't the same.    Some say the cap is a myth.  i don't agree but I do to some extent believe that the loophole to the cap is pro-rating contracts and offering more guaranteed money than a competiting bid.   I do think Dan is/was outgunned on this front versus some other more cash rich owners.  I do like like the idea of having an owner with major cash flow which helps with FA contracts, manipulating the cap, etc.

Plus having vistied some of the modern NFL stadiums, I'd love an owner to with the political connections and resources to build something special like those places.  Bezos in theory would be someone who could do that.

Yeah it’s a good feeling to have knowing Bezos could literally never be outbid by any other owner in all of football. So if we want a guy, we will get said guy. 

I think Bezos will prove to be an amazing owner that brings us out of the Stone Age and warp speed into the Space Age in all facets of the organization. We’d be at the cutting edge and forefront of so many new things happening league wide it would be staggering.

Also if…(when)…all of this happens the tickets are on me brother! :cheers:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

They’ll fast track it. It’ll be done on 2022

I mean, I hope so, but I’m not sure who “they” is, and i seriously doubt it.  

They isn’t the NFL because they’re not really part of the NFL.

If you’re buying a $6B complex business, I can almost guarantee you the buyer is going to want a lot of time to get comfortable with all the various aspects of the business, financials, operations, real estate, merchandise, personnel, etc.  

The reporting is Bezos and Jay-Z intend to submit a bid in January.  My read is that is when they’ll get probably up to 6 bids.  And then the legal stuff will start after all the bids are in.  

I hope it will work faster but transactions have their own timeline and they typically don’t deviate shorter, they deviate longer 

5 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Maybe maybe not but between Bezos and jay which one of them has been an owner of a sports franchise, has consulted with the nfl and nfl franchises for years, and has knowledge of how nfl player contracts work through their sports agency roc nation. Why would Bezos want jay z if it’s not from a money perspective because the dude has first hand knowledge 

Bezos doesn’t have the time to run a football franchise. 

He’s going to buy it, find somebody to run it, and then show up for games.

Jay-Z is a great partner because he knows the business of sports and entertainment and would be great to have as a partner.

There will be a CEO type to run the team. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, Phantvm said:

I think Bezos will prove to be an amazing owner that brings us out of the Stone Age and warp speed into the Space Age in all facets of the organization. We’d be at the cutting edge and forefront of so many new things happening league wide it would be staggering.

Plus, instead of overpaying for players he could just give them Amazon Gift Cards as partial payment to save the cap space! :headbang:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

If you’re buying a $6B complex business, I can almost guarantee you the buyer is going to want a lot of time to get comfortable with all the various aspects of the business, financials, operations, real estate, merchandise, personnel, etc.  

The reporting is Bezos and Jay-Z intend to submit a bid in January.  My read is that is when they’ll get probably up to 6 bids.  And then the legal stuff will start after all the bids are in.  

I hope it will work faster but transactions have their own timeline and they typically don’t deviate shorter, they deviate longer 

Bezos doesn’t have the time to run a football franchise. 

He’s going to buy it, find somebody to run it, and then show up for games.

Jay-Z is a great partner because he knows the business of sports and entertainment and would be great to have as a partner.

There will be a CEO type to run the team. 

You mean like a hand picked Team president that’s already been in the building for two years and hasn’t been given the power he was promised when given the job lol 

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

For Denver, the 5 month period was after the sibling squabble ended and the team was actually listed for sale.  The squabble started in 2021 I believe and was finally resolved when the franchise hit the market in Feb.  From that point, it took 5 months.  

Gotcha, appreciate it 

15 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

20 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Counter narrative (not mine - what I heard someone else give)

- the people involved have been talking to the nfl for a while in different situations. They want in the nfl and we’re a marquee franchise - or used to be. In a marquee market - or what used to and should still be. This isn’t the colts, or Minnesota, or buffalo. This is a tier 1 media market - and the nations capital. 

- some of the rumored people/groups have already been checked out by the nfl. Allen group was checked out during Denver process. It’s been long rumored bezos has been interested in the idea. Hell jayz already owned a sports franchise. 

I think it makes sense as a reason why it *could* go faster than average 

• Like 1

Also. As a general comment. If you think an nfl franchise is sold without the nfl brass and owners having some sort of involvement then I think that’s being incredibly naive.

if you want to argue on how much of a say - fine that’s just opinion as far as we know anyways. But no say? 😂 I don’t think that **** works that way. Sorry 

• Like 1