Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Nah Nah Nah…Nah Nah Nah…Hey Hey Hey…GOODBYE CLOWNSHOES

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, ThePackisback said:

Your a Washington fan. They hate GB as much as anyone. 

Nobody here cares about the Packers I hate to break it to you. You’re a nice guy to have here but we don’t have a rivalry, except for being jealous of your franchise’s success and 25+ years of franchise QB longevity. 

What you’re doing right now is so random. You’re standing up during someone’s wedding toast and wishing yourself a happy birthday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 11

Just now, ThePackisback said:

Your a Washington fan. They hate GB as much as anyone. 

No, they don’t. Stop it. You’re embarrassing yourself with that ****. Look, you’re a nice guy, but when you say something like that that’s just not even remotely true, it’s just odd. 

Washington fans are not (NOT) going to cheer for the cowboys against the packers, unless it helps Washington get into the playoffs. That’s the ONLY exception. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Conn said:

It depends how the NFL (and the new owners) feel about Commanders. Because I could see them being the type to hire literally hundreds of people to brainstorm and workshop something better if that’s what they wanted. I’m with you that I doubt it happens—I imagine the NFL likes the vanilla vaguely-patriotic name “Commanders”. It probably stays but I’m fine living in the dream that it won’t lol. 

I hadn't considered the league having a voice in things, you're right...and especially (probably) right about the part in bold lol...

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

There is no brand with this team.  You are literally buying the land around fedex and the park (400 acres) and a football team located in the richest metro area in the US. 

They're still called the Commanders and that name still needs to be branded and used in different ways...so....

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated

5 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

No, they don’t. Stop it. You’re embarrassing yourself with that ****. Look, you’re a nice guy, but when you say something like that that’s just not even remotely true, it’s just odd. 

Washington fans are not (NOT) going to cheer for the cowboys against the packers, unless it helps Washington get into the playoffs. That’s the ONLY exception. 

Washington fans always cheer against us. I read your Around the NFL game threads LOL. It doesn’t bother me in the least as that means your good majority of the time. Seriously I don’t care. You guys probably don’t mind the Vikings though am I right?

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

A new stadium assumes attendance will normalize and cash will flow in. That’s a fallacy. No one is paying $25k per seat for PSLs with Dan as owner. It’s over dude.

Your assumption that someone obscenely wealthy wouldn’t care about being associated with Dan is beyond delusional.  No one wants that public reputational hit. Maybe the LiV golf investors but the NFL isn’t getting into that bed.  Dan refused to pay his previous partners. That’s how Thai mess started. 

The reason you don’t put it out there that full sale is in play is because that is the only acceptable resolution with the public and other owners if they think it’s possible. Once that’s on the table, it’s game over to any other option. 

Listen man you and I are rooting for the same outcome but the bolded statement is more projecting your/our desires than reality IMO. 

I agree there are lots of wealthy people who want nothing to do with Dan Snyder. But not all... many of these people are sleazy themselves and not just the Saudis (who I agree, the NFL probably wants nothing to do with).

As for your statement that you don't put it out there that full sale is in play, that's inaccurate because they already did put out there that all options are on the table including full sale.

I think all options really are on the table. If someone like Bezos gives them an offer they can't refuse, they'll sell the whole thing. But if the best they get is Byron Allen cobbling together a $5bn offer, they might opt for a a 40% sale instead.

And don't put it past them to project increased attendance via opposing teams taking over the stadium. Or increased after-market broker revenue.

8 minutes ago, Conn said:

Nobody here cares about the Packers I hate to break it to you. You’re a nice guy to have here but we don’t have a rivalry, except for being jealous of your franchise’s success and 25+ years of franchise QB longevity. 

What you’re doing right now is so random. You’re standing up during someone’s wedding toast and wishing yourself a happy birthday.

Well you certainly don’t want us to win. I think you guys cheer for Minnesota or A team like Atlanta when it doesn’t effect you guys.

8 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

They're still called the Commanders and that name still needs to be branded and used in different ways...so....

That's the current name but it can easily be changed bc there is no history.  New ownership will definitely have a say in the name.

Washington fans always cheer against us. I read your Around the NFL game threads LOL. It doesn’t bother me in the least as that means your good majority of the time. Seriously I don’t care. You guys probably don’t mind the Vikings though am I right?

Some people might just only be enjoying the downfall of Aaron rodgers (for reasons I won’t get into) and I’m not one of those people, but that doesn’t at all mean Washington fans always cheer against the packers. And it’s delusional to think any of us will be cheering for the cowboys against the packers. None of us want the cowboys to be 7-2. I’m telling you, almost all of us like the packers. 

Some people hate the Vikings cause of Kirk. Some people like Kirk and want him (and the Vikings) to succeed. 

you’re generalizing here, and it’s strange.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

You’ve got it so backwards lol, most people here love to see Kirk Cousins fail, especially in prime time 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Conn said:

I’ll stick to Washington. I’m sorry for bringing this up in the wrong thread. What’s the prediction for this Sunday vs our neighbors to the west?

1 minute ago, Conn said:

You’ve got it so backwards lol, most people here love to see Kirk Cousins fail, especially in prime time 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Some people might just only be enjoying the downfall of Aaron rodgers (for reasons I won’t get into) and I’m not one of those people, but that doesn’t at all mean Washington fans always cheer against the packers. And it’s delusional to think any of us will be cheering for the cowboys against the packers. None of us want the cowboys to be 7-2. I’m telling you, almost all of us like the packers. 

Some people hate the Vikings cause of Kirk. Some people like Kirk and want him (and the Vikings) to succeed. 

you’re generalizing here, and it’s strange.

What do you mean by Generalizing?

Just now, ThePackisback said:

What do you mean by Generalizing?

Generalizing, as in, you’re assuming ALL Washington fans hate the packers based off of some peoples posts in a Gameday thread. 

Just now, Rogue Jedi said:

OK thread is getting off topic now

Back to Bezos memes, please!

Blame the packers fan 😂

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Conn said:

I was actually happy for the Vikings on that Minneapolis Miracle game. That was one of the best games I’ve ever watched as far as a playoff game goes. 4 lead changes in the last 3 minutes of the game and a walkoff touchdown to win it.

I was actually happy for the Vikings on that Minneapolis Miracle game. That was one of the best games I’ve ever watched as far as a playoff game goes. 4 lead changes in the last 3 minutes of the game and a walkoff touchdown to win it.

star-wars-stay-on-target.gif

This thread is to celebrate the downfall of our long suffering nightmare under Snyder. Please...

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

That's the current name but it can easily be changed bc there is no history.  New ownership will definitely have a say in the name.

Annnd, if they change it, there's a 95% chance it won't be any better or received any better...which is what I said earlier lol. So the new owner(s) may like it better, but fans will far more likely just keep ****ing and moaning and saying they should have just stuck with Football Team or Commanders. Only exception is if they go back to Redskins, which ain't happening.

3 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't want to offend any of you guys, so I'll ask politely first:  

How many of you guys actually like the Commanders name and would you be upset if the new owner changed it?

Say what you want about TMZ but if it's on there, it's got legs.  They're hardly ever wrong.

I despise the name.  Not because it's not Redskins but because it's a terrible, lazy, bland and boring name.  I am vehemently opposed to having a military-themed team.  Not because I don't support the military (my entire family is Navy and Army) but because I don't agree with having that as a sports brand.  It should be above that.  I AM, however, all about honoring our men and women in the military loud and often!

I also hate the name because Dan chose it.  That's the biggest part of it.  I want NOTHING of this team that is a remembrance of that "person".  Not the name, the ****ty ass uniforms, the HORRIBLE "Command the Stands", "Command the Draft", command this, command that.  Just so, so dumb and juvenile.  

Wipe out everything from previous ownership.  Start over.  ALL OF IT GONE.

arnold GIF

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 7

3 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Prime would be just as bad as Commanders. Why would anyone in this day and age want to be named after a shipping service? 

What? Why wouldn't you want to be named the "Shippers?" Imagine the commercial potential! 
Best new NFL rivalry - "Packers vs Shippers"

• Haha 1