Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where are the remaining wins?

88Comrade2000

I see the Bears, Texans, Falcons and one of the Giants games as realistic remaining wins. That would get us to 5 wins.

If we sweep the Giants then that's 6.  Beat Dallas once either next week or in the season finale, that's 7.  I don't think we sweep the Giants; they will beat us once.  I think Dallas beats us next week. Maybe at the end of season we have a chance, if Dallas rests their starters.

5-12 seems likely though Ron probably steals one more win somewhere to get to 6-11. Mediocre.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I see the Bears, Texans, Falcons and one of the Giants games as realistic remaining wins. That would get us to 5 wins.

If we sweep the Giants then that's 6.  Beat Dallas once either next week or in the season finale, that's 7.  I don't think we sweep the Giants; they will beat us once.  I think Dallas beats us next week. Maybe at the end of season we have a chance, if Dallas rests their starters.

5-12 seems likely though Ron probably steals one more win somewhere to get to 6-11. Mediocre.

Mediocre is 5-6 wins?

Like always we'll go on a little run late October until Thanksgiving. We'll think we finally turned the corner but will prove to be fools gold. We'll implode in December and back to sucking again but not before reaching 6 wins and another crappy 8th or 9th pick in the draft.  We'll hold on to this awesome staff,  and over reach once again in the draft.  Wash, rinse repeat with this organization.  To answer your question though,  with this team and coaching staff none are winnable but every last game left is loseable 

• Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Csup said:

Mediocre is 5-6 wins?

6-9 wins is mediocre.   5-12 seems likely which is bad but Ron will find a way to win at least 6 games; which will be just mediocre. 

5 or fewer wins and you likely have a Top 5 draft pick.  You get in the 6-8 win area, you likely are either drafting say between 8-15.  

So, my guess we don't suck bad enough to get a Top 5 player next year.

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We'll beat Dallas this week and it starts from there

Sorry but you are delusional if you think anything will come of this team this year.   

While our offense has shown periods of explosiveness for 2 games; they can't sustain that for a whole game. Add our pathetic offensive line to that and defenses can shut down our offense. If not for the whole game like today, than for a good portion of the game; likely to be the difference to winning or losing.  Then you add our defense.  No, there's nothing to expect our of the Commanders this year.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1

15-2 baby!

Think its still too early to completely give up hope, but I think the "minimum of 10 win" crowd is skating on thin ice.

Another game where we start off looking completely unprepared.

I feel fortunate that I got to experience the glory years. Yes, Philly only has that one Super Bowl, but its just galling to see that for the past 35 years or so they've had very few down seasons. At some point you have to concede that their organization as a whole has been gold standard level, while ours, particularly under this toxic owner, has been complete dog ****.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Nobody wants to put the Vikings game down as a possible win?

Our defense will make Kirk look like a hall of famer.   Also, you can't trust this offense to be able play a whole game of football.

4 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

15-2 baby!

Think its still too early to completely give up hope, but I think the "minimum of 10 win" crowd is skating on thin ice.

. At some point you have to concede that their organization as a whole has been gold standard level, while ours, particularly under this toxic owner, has been complete dog ****.

Anyone expecting playoffs or a winning season are deluding themselves.   7 wins is the likely ceiling.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Cousins just had the most clutch late game throw of his career today

Bro Cousins made clutch late game throws with us on a regular basis for three straight years.  Yeah he's a wacky dude and far from perfect, but let's not pretend that a game winning TD with a minute left in the 4th quarter of Week Three is his career highlight.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

Bro Cousins made clutch late game throws with us on a regular basis for three straight years.  Yeah he's a wacky dude and far from perfect, but let's not pretend that a game winning TD with a minute left in the 4th quarter of Week Three is his career highlight.

But it pretty much is though bro.

• Haha 1

The Eagles appear to be a juggernaut. We caught them at a bad time, so I don't put THAT much into today's beatdown. The Lions are also a better team than people thought, they probably should be 2-1. The Jags blew out the Colts last week and are currently beating the Chargers on the road(albeit its super early still). 

I think the Cowboys are an easier matchup relative to these first three. They don't have much on offense. If the defense played like it did today they should have a lot of success next week. Their pass rush is scary, but the backup OL should be better with another week of practice/preparation. 

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The Eagles appear to be a juggernaut. We caught them at a bad time, so I don't put THAT much into today's beatdown. The Lions are also a better team than people thought, they probably should be 2-1. The Jags blew out the Colts last week and are currently beating the Chargers on the road(albeit its super early still). 

I think the Cowboys are an easier matchup relative to these first three. They don't have much on offense. If the defense played like it did today they should have a lot of success next week. Their pass rush is scary, but the backup OL should be better with another week of practice/preparation. 

The juggernaut heading into this week just lost in Miami.

At this point I'm wondering which Dallas QB we'd prefer to face, if there's a chance of Dak coming back early (as I believe was reported earlier this week). I guess their game tomorrow night will tell us a bit more.

3 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

The juggernaut heading into this week just lost in Miami.

At this point I'm wondering which Dallas QB we'd prefer to face, if there's a chance of Dak coming back early (as I believe was reported earlier this week). I guess their game tomorrow night will tell us a bit more.

Miami is very good. Buffalo also had like half of their starters on defense out.