Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

😀😀 Ron fired days ago. Mission Accomplished.😀😄

88Comrade2000

15 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Ron’s under contract through end of next season and is due $8.5M. He’s not walking away from that. 

It might be positioned as a mutual termination and THEN he retires - but he’s going to get his contract paid out. 

Maybe. But to receive your “fully guaranteed” contract as a HC, you have to be actively looking for further work, you can’t just retire. This came to light after Kliff Kingsbury was fired from the Cardinals with tons of money left and joked he was just going to spend a couple years in Thailand or whatever. Journalists pointed out that he’d come back to the states to “look for work” sooner than later to avoid losing his guarantees—and he did. 

Now Harris is classy and wants to do things the right way and come across well to other candidates. So he may just pay Rivera’s final year regardless. Just saying that unless that agreement is in place, Rivera probably won’t openly retire if he wants his money. He’ll quiet quit. lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Conn said:

Maybe. But to receive your “fully guaranteed” contract as a HC, you have to be actively looking for further work, you can’t just retire. This came to light after Kliff Kingsbury was fired from the Cardinals with tons of money left and joked he was just going to spend a couple years in Thailand or whatever. Journalists pointed out that he’d come back to the states to “look for work” sooner than later to avoid losing his guarantees—and he did. 

Now Harris is classy and wants to do things the right way and come across well to other candidates. So he may just pay Rivera’s final year regardless. Just saying that unless that agreement is in place, Rivera probably won’t openly retire if he wants his money. He’ll quiet quit. lol

I could see him "looking for work" for a year while he gets paid out and then joining the League office in some capacity. 

• Thumb up 1

19 minutes ago, Conn said:

I think that’s the mutual termination part. Team pay him off without the offset requirement. Pure speculation on my part. 

I don’t think Ron’s a good guy. He talks from both sides.  He’s the one who chose to come here.  Dan’s reputation of being the worst owner was already set in stone when Ron took the job and before all the off the field stuff came out in 2020.

Also, the team then was already a franchise top free agents avoided.

He came to this ****ty organization because Dan gave him complete control. Dan interviewed him probably literally after he was fired from Carolina.

He makes mistake after mistake as Gm and as coach.

His firing will be just. He will be forgotten quickly and we’ll see just how bad he was; when most of his players he brought to the team won’t be on the roster in a couple of years.

6 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

And?

Ron should be one of those firings. There’s no need for any review. Just thank him for his service but said we’ve decided to move on.

• Like 4

lol I posted the other day that I predicted the demeanor in Rivera’s meetings with his staff was probably “we can go out proud, we will keep our heads high and keep doing things OUR way with honor and if that isn’t good enough then we go down with the ship as all captains should”. And it seems I was correct. They just wanna get out of this season without rocking the boat too much and without making too much extra work for anyone in the building. They are fine with the product they’re putting out and always have been, it’s the entire reason we’re so mediocre/bad and have been for his 4 years. Asking Rivera to feel urgency and to make changes in the building, just to please angry fans and maybe try to steal an extra game in a lost season, is asking him to be an entirely different person that he can never be. Its part of why he’s so bad in the first place. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Conn said:

lol I posted the other day that I predicted the demeanor in Rivera’s meetings with his staff was probably “we can go out proud, we will keep our heads high and keep doing things OUR way with honor and if that isn’t good enough then we go down with the ship as all captains should”. And it seems I was correct. They just wanna get out of this season without rocking the boat too much and without making too much extra work for anyone in the building. They are fine with the product they’re putting out and always have been, it’s the entire reason we’re so mediocre/bad and have been for his 4 years. Asking Rivera to feel urgency and to make changes in the building, just to please angry fans and maybe try to steal an extra game in a lost season, is asking him to be an entirely different person that he can never be. Its part of why he’s so bad in the first place. 

Yeah, he is laying down.  Not really what you'd expect from a military brat. 

I was pleased to see the team showed interest in the recently cut RB Michael Carter.

They missed out on him but that showed some life. Not sure who within the organization efforted so I can't give Ron credit I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

There must be a firing on Black Friday.  He won't get fired on the short week. Harris needs to show us fans that this **** is unacceptable. 

He will.   In a few months.  He'll totally clean house and bring in the guys in the hazmat suits to scrub every inch of Snyder stink from the building.  

Don't mistake his silence for apathy.  

• Like 3

On 11/17/2023 at 2:56 PM, Conn said:

. He’ll quiet quit. lol

Yo, that's exactly what he's doing right now, and I bet they already had that conversation.

I'm sure Ron knows things that him doing a tell all might hurt the franchise, so choosing not to embarrass him and risk making an enemy you don't need or want.

From a business standpoint or seeming to play nice with others perception, sure, let him say he wants to spend more time with his family anyway when the time comes and act like you haven't been calling folks that want his job since before you got here.

But that just shows the new ownership true priority is business and the individuals they are in business with, like the fans that pay to watch this in person are just the customer that will keep coming back or in in some ways anyways.

Money over fans, there, that's normal, but don't go giving free beers to us anymore like you different when your just another accountant push come to shove like any other owner.

Honeymoon is over doing nothing here.  Only if Rivera fires JDR this week will I not look to fire him.  Harris needs to help me understand this nonsense like I haven't seen this before.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

There must be a firing on Black Friday.  He won't get fired on the short week. Harris needs to show us fans that this **** is unacceptable. 

He really doesn’t. He’ll do that towards the end of the season or right after the season. But there’s really no reason to appease impatient people in a lost year and put your name on some equally bad Interim coach, if you’re Harris. What needs to be done is obvious, no benefit to rushing it. 

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Yo, that's exactly what he's doing right now, and I bet they already had that conversation.

I'm sure Ron knows things that him doing a tell all might hurt the franchise, so choosing not to embarrass him and risk making an enemy you don't need or want.

From a business standpoint or seeming to play nice with others perception, sure, let him say he wants to spend more time with his family anyway when the time comes and act like you haven't been calling folks that want his job since before you got here.

But that just shows the new ownership true priority is business and the individuals they are in business with, like the fans that pay to watch this in person are just the customer that will keep coming back or in in some ways anyways.

Money over fans, there, that's normal, but don't go giving free beers to us anymore like you different when your just another accountant push come to shove like any other owner.

Honeymoon is over doing nothing here.  Only if Rivera fires JDR this week will I not look to fire him.  Harris needs to help me understand this nonsense like I haven't seen this before.

A change right now does nothing. It’s fine to be emotional about it, you’re a fan, but you should be glad Harris isn’t equally emotional about it. Has nothing to do with disrespecting fans or treating them like wallets or whatever. Yeah, he’s a businessman. What you’re talking about being salty about is just irrational though, has nothing to do with Harris wanting to win vs just treating the team and fans like an investment. He’ll make the changes that matter when they matter. Putting some different idiot in charge of the rest of the idiots won’t change anything and shouldn’t make you feel better. You’re understandably angry if you’ve been enough of a sucker to pay to go to these games under Rivera, but the statements you’re making about what it says about Harris don’t reflect well and don’t make you sound rational. No offense but nobody should care that a few thousand homers who are paying to watch this mess in person may want blood, and want it now. The decisions need to be smarter than that. 

• Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

@Conn jus because something doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

I'm concerned about being caught up in bidding wars for GMs if we looking and offering contracts same time as everyone else.

I have yet to get an answer on if we can hire someone that can fire Ron yet and then dont, let a lone a GM when he's already picked his own.  What analytics does the new analytics guy need to come to this conclusion?

Ron looks checked out and collecting a check now, everyone sees this and its brutal seeing some of this from the players because of it now.

3 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@Conn jus because something doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it doesn't matter.

I'm concerned about being caught up in bidding wars for GMs if we looking and offering contracts same time as everyone else.

I have yet to get an answer on if we can hire someone that can fire Ron yet and then dont, let a lone a GM when he's already picked his own.  What analytics does the new analytics guy need to come to this conclusion?

Ron looks checked out and collecting a check now, everyone sees this and its brutal seeing some of this from the players because of it now.

No GM candidates in the NFL get interviewed this early, we aren’t missing out on anything. That doesn’t start till the playoffs (and new restrictions have even been put in place on that). We’re gonna have a clean shot at every GM and coaching candidate we desire. We can’t get a head start on that by firing anybody, even Rivera, right now. All they can do in either case is put together a shortlist and prepare for the regular season to end.  

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Conn said:

A change right now does nothing. It’s fine to be emotional about it, you’re a fan, but you should be glad Harris isn’t equally emotional about it. Has nothing to do with disrespecting fans or treating them like wallets or whatever. Yeah, he’s a businessman. What you’re talking about being salty about is just irrational though, has nothing to do with Harris wanting to win vs just treating the team and fans like an investment. He’ll make the changes that matter when they matter. Putting some different idiot in charge of the rest of the idiots won’t change anything and shouldn’t make you feel better. You’re understandably angry if you’ve been enough of a sucker to pay to go to these games under Rivera, but the statements you’re making about what it says about Harris don’t reflect well and don’t make you sound rational. No offense but nobody should care that a few thousand homers who are paying to watch this mess in person may want blood, and want it now. The decisions need to be smarter than that. 

What does it matter if we fire everyone today, versus waiting 6 or 7 weeks?  The losing will continue either way, and no one will fail Harris for making changes whether it be now or in early January.  This coaching staff and FO don’t deserve any benefit of the doubt at this point.  This is the worst coaching staff in the league hands down, and an example has to be made here, before complacency starts becoming old.  Somebody has to be fired here, with the most logical choice being Del Rio.  I don’t give a damn that we have no adequate assistants on defense to replace him, they can’t be any worse than Dust Up has been the entire season.  

This is a historically awful defense, and somebody has to pay for this disaster.  If it’s Dust Up, Paddleboat Rivera or all of them, an example has to be made NOW.  We already know we’re keeping Howell for next year.  I don’t need 6-7 more weeks to evaluate anyone else besides Howell.  Everyone else besides #14, 17, 8, 93, 94 and #1 should be expendable.  There is no other reason for keeping the coaching staff until the end.  Bieniemy can be interim until early January.

Edited by samy316

4 minutes ago, samy316 said:

What does it matter if we fire everyone today, versus waiting 6 or 7 weeks?  The losing will continue either way, and no one will fail Harris for making changes whether it be now or in early January.  This coaching staff and FO don’t deserve any benefit of the doubt at this point.  This is the worst coaching staff in the league hands down, and an example has to be made here, before complacency starts becoming old.  Somebody has to be fired here, with the most logical choice being Del Rio.  I don’t give a damn that we have no adequate assistants on defense to replace him, they can’t be any worse than Dust Up has been the entire season.  

This is a historically awful defense, and somebody has to pay for this disaster.  If it’s Dust Up, Paddleboat Rivera or all of them, an example has to be made NOW.  We already know we’re keeping Howell for next year.  I don’t need 6-7 more weeks to evaluate anyone else besides Howell.  Everyone should be expendable.  There is no other reason for keeping the coaching staff until the end.  Bieniemy can be interim until early January.

It’s not about this staff being owed anything, they’re awful and they’re gone already. They’re the walking dead. But firing them doesn’t speed up the process of hiring a GM, that can’t happen until the regular season is over anyways. 

But if I’m Josh Harris, I want a 100% clean slate. So I’m not giving somebody like EB the Interim job just so they can have the opportunity to steal a win or two and get a bunch of dumb fans riled up and unhappy with my eventual choice to clean house fully. Why even take the chance? There’s no upside to getting a six week head start on something you can’t actually do in that time anyways (interview and hire GM candidates who currently work for other NFL teams). 

• Like 4