Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official NCAA Football Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

That wasn't a catch on the sidelines. Not sure what anyone was watching. 

Also..

HORNS DOWN!

NCAA wanted Texas in the championship game. 

17 minutes ago, Hersh said:

College football needs to change this timing rule. Penalizing a team for a player legitimately being hurt is insane. Having said that, if they run the ball on the 3rd down when they kick the FG, this game is already over cause Texas would've used a TO. 

The irony is that they take a knee 3 times and Texas gets the ball with under 30 seconds. Trying to run the ball to kill a few extra few seconds..and the injury happens. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

all the narratives against Michigan lol

"they only won because they stole signs" - won every game after the sign stealing scandal, including 3 with their coach suspended

"they'd never win a game where Saban had a month to prepare" "Saban is 10-1 with a month to prepare, in bowl games." - beat Alabama in OT because of self inflicted Alabama penalties and plays

The sign stealing scandal as usual was highly blown out of proportion. Maybe in time we'll learn more about "Uncle T" and how he "purchased" this elaborate magical sign stealing scheme with Stallions, that amazingly nobody in Michigan had any knowledge or endorsement of...but untilt he NCAA comes to this conclusion in 5 years, keep hating on Michigan, national title participants

Edited by ixcuincle

Saban's coaching can't overcome a quarterback with no ability to pass the ball and a center who constantly screwed up the exchange. Just getting it to overtime was pretty impressive though.  No doubt Bama will get some 4-5 star transfer QB for next season, maybe Malichi Nelson. 

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Saban's coaching can't overcome a quarterback with no ability to pass the ball and a center who constantly screwed up the exchange. Just getting it to overtime was pretty impressive though.  No doubt Bama will get some 4-5 star transfer QB for next season, maybe Malichi Nelson. 

Fwiw the amount of offensive talent in previous years vs this year was probably just as bad. It's not like Bryce Young or Mac Jones has set the NFL world on fire. However,  BRob, Najee Harris, Devonta Smith, Jalen Waddle are all very solid pros now (they were all starters or 2nd string on that last Bama team that won everything). 

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Fwiw the amount of offensive talent in previous years vs this year was probably just as bad. It's not like Bryce Young or Mac Jones has set the NFL world on fire. However,  BRob, Najee Harris, Devonta Smith, Jalen Waddle are all very solid pros now (they were all starters or 2nd string on that last Bama team that won everything). 

Total offensive talent is one thing, but you can't win a Natty with a subpar QB.  Mac Jones was serviceable in college.  Bryce Young was on the Heisman stage.  

• Thumb up 1

I don't follow CFB much and I was surprised Michigan tied it at the end of the 4th. I thought they blew it after not capitalizing on the Alabama fumble around 6 min left. 

I only caught the 4th Q... so looking at the game stats both offenses at that time were pretty pathetic and nothing would have indicated Michigan had a TD drive in their back pocket.  I think it was a blown coverage 4th down conversion that they got a ton of yards on. 

Texas-UW was anyones game. Texas' fumbles killed their momentum and were game changers.  I know I am rooting for Penix and UW and the PAC-12 to win the National Championship.  

• Thumb up 1

And again……

Sports fans are calling for Texas Senator Ted Cruz to be banned from games in the state due to his infamous "curse."

The 53-year-old cheered on the Texas Longhorns at Houston's NRG Stadium on Monday. However, the team lost 37-31 to the Washington Huskies in the Sugar Bowl clash, with the winners progressing to next week's championship game against Michigan.

Social media users jumped online to poke fun at the politician, blaming Cruz's alleged "curse" for the Longhorns' defeat. According to internet lore, any time Cruz is in the crowd, his team loses, with people dubbing the senator a "jinx" online.

"The all time greatest jinx in sports, Ted Cruz ladies and gentlemen," wrote @RedditCFB on X ……….

more at link

https://www.newsweek.com/ted-cruz-banned-texas-sports-games-curse-longhorns-1857011

• Haha 4

just found out some chick flashed the camera during the game on ESPN and they are up here like "we are sorry you all saw that"

no, do not apologize

this country is so prude when it comes to nudity lol

• Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Whenever ESPN televises big events in (1) NOLA or (2) Vegas, it should just accept that this is going to happen, and I'm sure it does.  I seriously doubt the C Suite in Bristol is like "Oh no!  Our core demographic of 18-35 year old males got a little bonus of the one thing they like seeing more than sports."

• Haha 1