Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The UFL Thread- the baby of the XFL and USFL

88Comrade2000

4 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Really hoping this one sticks around.

I went to a Federals game one time.  They played the Oklahoma Outlaws, who were quarterbacked by Doug Williams  They were giving t-shirts to the first 10,000 fans.  At halftime they announced that next week they'd be giving t-shirts to the first 8,000 fans.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It was week 1, it wasn't really advertised well, and people are skeptical of spring football.

The games and show itself were entertaining. All four games last weekend. I'll definitely be watching tonight, too. I had a lot of fun with it. People need to watch it themselves and get a feeling for it before "lol'ing" it away. I'm usually quiet on social media but some friends who weren't watching it were dogging it and I chimed in and explained what the games were like. Got them to tune in. They enjoyed it. Word of mouth and positive stories and exposure will do wonders for the league.

It's far from heading to the dustbin. Not yet. 

• Like 3

Going back to the usual things I harp on, I think for a sport that requires strong viewership to pay for it, it needs to be on broadcast television. Win over the fans, then maybe they'll follow it to cable and streaming services. The 2 games I saw last weekend weren't spectacular, but they were interesting. The next game I'll be able to see without needing to jump through hoops will be on March 26th. The only time they'll show the local team (DC) is on April 22nd.

I wish it the best, but for a league that needs to win over a new fanbase in a short amount of time, they're doing it the hard way.

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Going back to the usual things I harp on, I think for a sport that requires strong viewership to pay for it, it needs to be on broadcast television. Win over the fans, then maybe they'll follow it to cable and streaming services. The 2 games I saw last weekend weren't spectacular, but they were interesting. The next game I'll be able to see without needing to jump through hoops will be on March 26th. The only time they'll show the local team (DC) is on April 22nd.

I wish it the best, but for a league that needs to win over a new fanbase in a short amount of time, they're doing it the hard way.

And for the locals who do attend the games...  No Confiscate Beer Snake!

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Ta’amu has looked like hot garbage last week and so far. D’Eriq King may see the field…

But Ta’amu’s legs are such a weapon.

His confidence is shot. He needs to get it back. If he does he’s the most talented QB in the league.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

I've been skimming the internet for Defenders gear to purchase. Everybody in DC should get some, I live in Tennessee but I might get a shirt or hat or something.

One site even has jerseys with player names on them that I've never heard of lol.

They just made an Under Armor deal official for merch today. So expect jerseys and stuff soon.