Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The UFL Thread- the baby of the XFL and USFL

88Comrade2000

7 hours ago, Professor_Nutter_Butter said:

Probably because he was a headache in the NFL. 

Is that why we cut him? Honestly, I forgot he wasn't on the team for a bit and he just disappeared. I'd like to get more background on the whole thing.

3 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Is that why we cut him? Honestly, I forgot he wasn't on the team for a bit and he just disappeared. I'd like to get more background on the whole thing.

DJ was cut after publicly trashing Greg Manusky's defense in 2018.

https://www.ithacajournal.com/story/sports/nfl/redskins/2018/12/24/washington-redskins-dj-swearinger-released-greg-manusky/2406779002/

"(Redskins coach Jay Gruden) just said it was the third time I've been in his office and we're going to release you," Swearinger told. "And that was that.

"I don't have words for this. ... I gave it my all and put my heart into it every single week to the best I could. I guess it says a lot about the organization."

Gruden told the Washington Post, "We just thought it was best for both parties."

Swearinger took issue with the man-to-man coverages that the team used when Titans backup quarterback Blaine Gabbert entered the game to replace Marcus Mariota, who left with a stinger and did not return.

"We should have blowed them out," Swearinger said, according to ESPN. "If I'm the D-coordinator, I'm calling zone every time on third down because you got a backup quarterback. Make him beat us.

"We're playing a backup quarterback. Why would you put us in man to man? We are our best on defense when we look at the quarterback."

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

For 2 weeks in a row now, Williams sucks

But they won. 

I think it's more that the DB's suck. Williams can't be telling them to blow it on all of those deep balls like they do. Then they can't even tackle so they give up TD's on all of them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BleedBNG said:

I thought icing the kicker with our last TO was dumb. I felt we might need it once we get the ball back and throw a deep ball to set up our last FG. Turns out it was the right move.

I liked how the kicker kicked it anyways and had this smug look on his face...that look didn't stay on his face for long.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

It's crazy how many fans are going to these games vs the USFL having almost totally empty stands.

Looks like the XFL is going to at least make it to a 2nd year.

USFL is not playing games in front of home fans for the most part. Last year all games were played in Birmingham. This year they are in Birmingham and a few neutral sites. 

• 2 weeks later...