Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 General offseason discussion thread

Zim489

Payne participated in team meetings and the post practice workout. Typical sensationalism headline for the sake of clicks. He's likely concerned about hurting himself before getting a contract. This seems to be a growing trend for players worried about an injury before getting paid. We already let half the talent on the IDL walk. Not signing Payne would be a mistake in my opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SkinsGuy said:

Relax.

Sweat requested this day off. He'll be back tomorrow.

Young is still rehabbing from his late season knee injury. No one really expected him to be back this early. Rehabbing takes time.

I'm not sure about Payne's reasons. Contract issues?

The schedule is known in advance. Schedule your personal time around this, not the other way around.

For Sweat, I guess if its a family situation that is health related, I can definitely understand but, after last year you’d think he’d 100% not go through that again. But I guess something happen to come up. 

For Chase, show up. You don’t have to practice, just be there. Rehab can continue shortly after.

Payne, meh. I soured on him but honestly none of these guys have earned anything in my book. 

Like they forgot the team sucks and the defense was crap.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zim489 said:

If and it’s a major if at this point, Carson Wentz returns to his 2017 form this team can have a top 10 offense. If he plays like he did last year they’ll have a middle of the road offense as a ceiling. This entire Ron tenure comes down to Wentz and I find it hysterical

Difference between positive and delusional. I think theyll have a 14-18th ranked offense. 

If he plays like he did last year, this is a playoff team.

27 TDs and 7 INTs?  That's 7 more scores than Heiny and 8 more possessions that could have ended in scores. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dyst said:

The schedule is known in advance. Schedule your personal time around this, not the other way around.

For Sweat, I guess if its a family situation that is health related, I can definitely understand but, after last year you’d think he’d 100% not go through that again. But I guess something happen to come up. 

For Chase, show up. You don’t have to practice, just be there. Rehab can continue shortly after.

Payne, meh. I soured on him but honestly none of these guys have earned anything in my book. 

Like they forgot the team sucks and the defense was crap.

If Sweat had some urgent business for that day that could only be taken care of then, I don't have a problem with that.

Life happens. This isn't like last year when it seems he and Young just took the Summer off.

As for Young, we'll, I've never had an injury like his. So I don't know what his rehabbing entails or what his doctors, trainers, or coaches are telling him.

But I'm not going to be upset with him not being there when he can't practice anyway.

Edited by SkinsGuy
  • Like 1

(Non-rose colored glasses take here) Young spent last off-season away from the team and training on his own. RR says that Chase told him that this year will be different. Currently Chase is off away from the team and rehabbing on his own. Draw your own conclusions.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dyst said:

What exactly will “we know what’s up”? We know the team sucks.

Pretty sure he means once the season starts we’ll know what’s up. Obviously he knows that everyone is under the assumption AT THE MOMENT (and rightfully so) that the team sucks. What he’s implying is in his mind they’ll show everyone once the season starts that they’ve improved and are winning games, hence “they’ll know what’s up”

now, will we really know what’s up, in the way he’s implying? Who knows. I hope, because I’d like there to be positivity around the team during the season for once. But i guess we’ll wait and see…..

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Pretty sure he means once the season starts we’ll know what’s up. Obviously he knows that everyone is under the assumption AT THE MOMENT (and rightfully so) that the team sucks. What he’s implying is in his mind they’ll show everyone once the season starts that they’ve improved and are winning games, hence “they’ll know what’s up”

now, will we really know what’s up, in the way he’s implying? Who knows. I hope, because I’d like there to be positivity around the team during the season for once. But i guess we’ll wait and see…..

Yea I hear ya, but honestly these guys need to just STFU already and win some damn games. All the crying about the media and the fans judging and **** is hilarious because well they suck. It's not like we are ****ing about the Patriots who won 7 titles, we are ****ing about a bunch of players who win 4-7 games a year on average. 

Edited by dyst
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Kelvin Bryant said:

Go look at what happened when the same J.D. McKissic video was posted on the free agency thread.

Man, same video, two totally different reactions haha.  One group barely reacts, the other goes completely off the rails. 

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Jeez, JDR is STUPID. He replied to a fan on twitter with “bite deez” tonight, and then congratulated Wes Unseld Jr for getting hired as wizards coach…..on a tweet from TEN MONTHS AGO……🤦🏻‍♂️ 

He really strikes me as a guy who gets “in his cups” as George RR Martin would say, and just scrolls twitter like five times a year, feeling ****y. Part of that being him seeing old ass tweets (he probably doesn’t follow that many people) or responding to randos.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KillBill26 said:

Man, same video, two totally different reactions haha.  One group barely reacts, the other goes completely off the rails. 

The reaction on the other thread was strange.

When I first saw the video and heard those dolphin noises, my mind immediately went to the well known SpongeBob episode "Sailor Mouth" where they used dolphin noises to cover up profanity. 

Guess the person who put up the tweet is a SpongeBob fan.

On 5/25/2022 at 10:12 AM, bowhunter said:

(Non-rose colored glasses take here) Young spent last off-season away from the team and training on his own. RR says that Chase told him that this year will be different. Currently Chase is off away from the team and rehabbing on his own. Draw your own conclusions.

Yeah this is how I see it as well. I'm tired of the excuse makers for Chase Young.  For him to skip OTAs (again) after telling the coach he would be there and after the year he had is such a bad look. Even if he could not practice it's important, especially for a team captain.

Sure he was double teamed, EVERY good DL gets double teamed.  I watched him most every play, OT's had no problem handling him without help all year until his injury.

Chase is becoming very unlikeable   I'm tired of the camera following him on the sidelines all game when he makes few plays. As it seems is often the case here with other players the hype is not matching the performance.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

Chase young is actually following his trainers rehab process back in Colorado, and he’s been in contact with Rivera the whole time. Plus, he WAS here for the weight lifting part of the offseason in early April. besides, knowing this teams medical/training staff, would you guys want him following their process?  Or his own trainer 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Young needs to stop being a prima donna and play the way he is supposed to. I know some fans will be like' Well who cares how he acts, as long as he produces.' Well I'm not one of them. Comes across as an arrogant prick way too often and his stats, such as they are, don't make up for that. Hopefully he gets better in that regard we shall see.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Chase young is actually following his trainers rehab process back in Colorado, and he’s been in contact with Rivera the whole time. Plus, he WAS here for the weight lifting part of the offseason in early April. besides, knowing this teams medical/training staff, would you guys want him following their process?  Or his own trainer 

Other players are rehabbing from injuries and they found a way to be here.  Chase told his head coach this year would be different and it is not. For a supposed team leader this is a bad look, especially given his performance and how he missed last year's OTAs as well. I'll never come off this position.