Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2022 General offseason discussion thread

Zim489

Chase Young just made a major statement on SiriusXM:

"I'm gonna make this quick and it"s coming from the heart. No questions afterward either. After this I'm done talking to the media until after we win a playoff game.

Ok here we go... Uh last year I spent my off season thinking too much about me and making sure my pockets was straight. This off season I'm dedicating to my teammates. I'm gonna be the all in leader they expected when they elected me Captain.

I didn't think I had done nothing wrong but I was reading Extremeskins the other day and ran across some handsome guy over there called Commander Rye who opened my eyes to what being a real leader is all about and how I was falling short and stuff...sniff (wipes away tear)

Well I don't want to let the brilliant virile men uh and women at Extremeskins like Mr. Commander Rye who's the brilliantest and virilest of them all down no more.

So from now on Chase Young is hard charging and leading from the front!

I just want to thank the brave and bold Rye Commander for slapping me back into the fold. Just what I needed.

Carry on."

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 9

Lol, ya had me going for a little while.

At first I was like, wait a minute he can't do that he has to make himself available to the media.

Maybe he's gonna go full Ricky Williams and wear his helmet with a dark visor.

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/2/2022 at 3:32 PM, redskinss said:

All true, but it still has to be done behind closed doors.

The conversation started with someone saying montez was "excused" from practice.

That may be, I just don't see how we could know that without the nflpa having a problem. 

It amounts to PR for the star player. Players aren't required to say anything. Public opinion matters these days.

Best practice for a player who doesn't want to come to OTAs is to have their rep tell them that you're not coming and what you plan to do. Like he's not coming until mandatory mini-camp, etc. The team can say it's excused for PR, but nobody knows what's up until the player says something.