Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

14 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yup.

Then trade Young. For whatever. Return on investment. And I, personally, am not interested in paying the DL as much as this DL could be paid. 

Would also mean the future is now regarding Edge, would need to be addressed early. Also still need to address DB and LB on the D.

It is a little hard to see RR wanting to let both of these guys go due to his win now situation. I would think he'd want them both to play (I am certainly not saying this is the right thing, just what it seems like would be his call)

Edited by DWinzit

16 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Would also mean the future is now regarding Edge, would need to be addressed early. Also still need to address DB and LB on the D.

It is a little hard to see RR wanting to let both of these guys go due to his win now situation. I would think he'd want them both to play (I am certainly not saying this is the right thing, just what it seems like would be his call)

You don’t trade Young this year if you trade Sweat. They won’t trade Sweat, so it’s a moot point.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You don’t trade Young this year if you trade Sweat. They won’t trade Sweat, so it’s a moot point.

Agreed. Sucks Young was hurt and wasn't really able to come back to strength last year. Takes away his trade worth

Not trading Young. 

You want your franchise to exploit the youth of a player while on a rookie deal. Hurry up and exercise the 5th year option and move on to the next issue. 

This idea good players should be traded while at peak value is wild and on top of it, somehow this is being accepted as what a franchise should do/common knowledge.

Yes, there are opportunities to trade guys but not EVERY time.

If he’s a complete knucklehead off the field, then okay, but we don’t know that. Also, most arguments Center around him free lancing, but we also know every Dlineman hated the previous Dline coach and disagreed philosophically which led to his eventual firing.

2 years for 28 mil, then lets see where things are at. 

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

PFF, I like it but I think they might be able to get him in a trade down. High floor tackle IMO.  

This would be a statement move that EB wasn't thrilled with Leno.

SIP, showing off his guy Turner by showing the ranked by speed spreadsheet  ;) 

Interesting takes from a writer from the Athletic. Also, for anyone interested, the Steelers Depot site is another that goes into great detail about many prospects. 

2023 NFL Draft: The top 5 offensive tackles

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nfl-draft-offnensive-tackles-darnell-wright-paris-johnson-jr/

1. Darnell Wright

2. Paris Johnson

3. Anton Harrison

4. Dawand Jones

5. Blake Freeland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

17 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Interesting takes from a writer from the Athletic. Also, for anyone interested, the Steelers Depot site is another that goes into great detail about many prospects. 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/lists/2023-nfl-draft-offnensive-tackles-darnell-wright-paris-johnson-jr/

1. Darnell Wright

2. Paris Johnson

3. Anton Harrison

4. Dawand Jones

5. Blake Freeland

Good read, interesting on Feeland! Darnell #1 but for RT which makes since. 

Moved most of the rest of the T's inside

• Thumb up 1

53 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

1. Darnell Wright

2. Paris Johnson

3. Anton Harrison

4. Dawand Jones

5. Blake Freeland

Top 3 are spot on!  In that order.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

Bresee dominated Darnell Wright in that game.  The play the dude cites as an example of how Wright "just buried" Bresee was a double team block that pushed Bresee right into the run lane and he got the tackle 😂.

The Darnell Wright OT1 talk is based on bad film evaluation.  Of all the plays that he posted as example of Wright's dominance against high quality opponents, the only one that was impressive was the first against Ojulari.  In the second one, Ojulari threw him to the ground.  That second clip against Bresee is how that game actually went for Darnell.  Weak club couldn't clear Bresee's hands off his chest and he ends up getting shucked as soon as Bresee determines Hooker's not going to break the pocket.

38 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Do you think Skoranski falls to us at 16?  If teams view him as a guard, I could see Jones, Johnson, and even Wright jump him.

Naw there are too many teams in dire need of OL help and will be perfectly happy drafting Skoronski and letting him play G for the next decade.

Late rounder, Nick Hampton. Probably more of a 3-4 DE than a 4-3 DR.  6 '2, 236, Appalachian State.  I think his fit is more 3-4 based on his size and skill set

23 years old.  Good athlete, 9 plus RAS. 1.55 -- 10.   9 sacks, 3 forced fubmles

They move him around, right side, left side, inside, use him in coverage more than what I typically see from pass rushers and looked fluid doing so.  Considering that and he rushes primarily without his hand on the ground -- to me 3-4 LB. 

Doesn't look to have a ton in his arsenal as to pass rushing moves -- bull rushes, rip move, sometimes an OK spin move.  He is about his motor, ball of energy.  Can overshoot versus holding his gap and opens up lanes.  Decent pass rusher, nothing killer.   Strong against the run for his size.  really fluid in pass coverage, you don't see that often from edge rushers.    

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

Zach Martin went 16.  ~16 feels like the proper range for Skoronski.  His film is good but it doesn't blow you away, and the flaws/bad reps that show up are usually related to length issues that he can not fix.  His film is pretty clean, but not Quintin Nelson or Tyler Linderbaum level dominance where you are like "this guys is definitely a future all pro IOL."

He feels like a future New England Patriot.

Honestly the only OL in the class with routinely dominant film is Dawand Jones.

11 hours ago, Chump Bailey said:

1. Darnell Wright

2. Paris Johnson

3. Anton Harrison

4. Dawand Jones

5. Blake Freeland

I was listening to Louis Reddick last night and he called Darnell Wright the best player in the draft.

I've been high on Wright since before the Senior Bowl, before it became cool, so I am ok with some of the hype.  And I like him better than I gather most on this thread with the exception of it seems a person or two here who are even higher on him than me.  However, the draft media that is a little over the top on him now.  

Speaking of Wright here's Kiper-McShay combo mock that just came out.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36187198/three-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-predict-102-picks-alternating-all-32-teams

14. New England Patriots

McShay's pick: Paris Johnson Jr., OT, Ohio State

Man, I thought about tight end Dalton Kincaid here. Patriots coach Bill Belichick loves two-TE sets, and Kincaid would be great with Hunter Henry. But quarterback Mac Jones also needs protection after struggles under pressure last season, and Johnson has the size, power and awareness to hold down left tackle. (Johnson also is versatile enough to play elsewhere along the line while Trent Brown is still under contract.)

gb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

15. Green Bay Packers

Kiper's pick: Dalton Kincaid, TE, Utah

There are some good edge rushers still on the board, but I wouldn't pass up Kincaid if I were running Green Bay's draft. He is the best pass-catching tight end in this draft, a true seam stretcher with soft hands.

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

16. Washington Commanders

McShay's pick: Darnell Wright, OT, Tennessee

I know Washington just signed Andrew Wylie, but Wright is an excellent run-blocker who could be a long-term solution at right tackle. And if the Commanders want, they could bump him inside as a rookie. Wright plays with power and quickness to open running lanes and stall pass-rush attempts.

pit.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

17. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper's pick: Zay Flowers, WR, Boston College

What a landing spot for one of my favorite prospects in this class. Flowers can play inside or outside, and he can make defenders miss after the catch. The Steelers can fill their need at cornerback in Round 2.

det.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

18. Detroit Lions

McShay's pick: Calijah Kancey, DT, Pittsburgh

OK, I like this. We're building one heck of a defensive line in Detroit after landing Tyree Wilson earlier. Sure, Kancey is undersized (6-foot-1, 281 pounds), but he is explosive and can make an impact as both a run-stuffer and an interior pass-rusher.

tb.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kiper's pick: Lukas Van Ness, DE, Iowa

I'm not quite as high on Van Ness -- he is outside my top 25 overall -- as you, Todd, but NFL teams reach for edge rushers, and we haven't had one in a while. I wouldn't be surprised if Van Ness landed in the top 12. In Tampa Bay, he'd play end in the Bucs' 3-4 defense.

sea.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

20. Seattle Seahawks

McShay's pick: Nolan Smith, OLB, Georgia

It's a slight slide for Smith, but Seattle won't be complaining. He showed off his explosion at the combine, and you see it on tape too, with his great takeoff speed and change-of-direction ability. The Seahawks have to focus on building up that defensive line, so even after you got them Jalen Carter at No. 5, I'm getting them a disruptive edge rusher here.

lac.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

21. Los Angeles Chargers

Kiper's pick: Jordan Addison, WR, Southern California

Addison would mesh well with the skill sets of Mike Williams and Keenan Allen in L.A., likely playing mostly in the slot. He is the best route runner of the wideouts in this class.

bal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

22. Baltimore Ravens

McShay's pick: Emmanuel Forbes, CB, Mississippi State

The Ravens are looking for a playmaking corner to line up opposite Marlon Humphrey, so I think the guy who picked off 14 passes in college -- including six pick-sixes -- makes a lot of sense. Sure, Forbes is only 166 pounds, but his instincts, speed and arm length make him tough to beat. Mel, I know you're also a big fan of his game.

min.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

23. Minnesota Vikings

Kiper's pick: Joey Porter Jr., CB, Penn State

Corner is a clear weakness for Minnesota, which brought in Byron Murphy Jr. in free agency to replace veteran Patrick Peterson. The long-armed Porter could see early action outside. He didn't have much production in college -- one interception -- but that should change at the next level.

jax.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

24. Jacksonville Jaguars

McShay's pick: Michael Mayer, TE, Notre Dame

Yes, the Jags just franchise-tagged Evan Engram, but this pick still makes sense to me for a team that could go "best available" at No. 24. Mayer will not only give quarterback Trevor Lawrence a big target to hit on third down and in the red zone, but he also is one of the best blocking tight ends in the class. And with Engram only under contract for the 2023 season, Mayer's role could expand in the future.

• Like 1

Kiper-McShay, some of the 2nd round

I like Ringo in that range.  But if the board fell that way, I'd take Harrison-Dawand (if they didn't take a tackle earlier) but to me the no brainer pick is Gibbs.  Gibbs in the 2nd -- would be a stoke of luck.  He's to me Kamara with some Dalvin Cook in him, too.  I had a massive draft crush on Cook before that draft and ala he went just a few picks before our 2nd round pick.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2023/insider/story/_/id/36187198/three-round-2023-nfl-mock-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-predict-102-picks-alternating-all-32-teams

43. New York Jets

Kiper's pick: Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern

Well, Todd stole my pick, but I guess it doesn't matter since they're both going to the Jets. Adebawore lit up at the combine, showing off his impressive physical traits. He has positional flexibility, even if he is likely never going to be a 10-sack-per-season player.

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

44. Atlanta Falcons

McShay's pick: Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss

If Atlanta is going to give Desmond Ridder a real shot to be its answer under center, then it better get him another pass-catcher to complement Drake London and Kyle Pitts. Mingo is physical and can line up all over the offense. I've heard a lot of buzz around his name over the past month or so.

45. Green Bay Packers

Kiper's pick: BJ Ojulari, OLB, LSU

The Packers are thinner than you think on the edge. Ojulari, my fourth-ranked outside linebacker, had more than 80 QB pressures over the past two seasons.

ne.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

46. New England Patriots

McShay's pick: Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami-FL

The Patriots re-signed Jonathan Jones, and their pass defense was pretty strong last season, but the cornerback room needs depth. Adding speed and physicality outside makes sense on Day 2.

47. Washington Commanders

Kiper's pick: Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia

Ringo is a boom-or-bust defender, and some scouts believe he'll eventually move to safety. He is worth a flier in Round 2 because of his traits, though. If he puts his tools together, the Commanders could get a steal.

48. Detroit Lions

McShay's pick: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

I'm not sure Gibbs falls this far, but the Lions would love this scenario. They signed David Montgomery and already have D'Andre Swift, but Gibbs brings a different element to the offense than the former, and the latter hasn't been able to stay healthy. Gibbs is nearly impossible to tackle in the open field and could put up big numbers as an after-the-catch playmaker for Jared Goff in the pass game.

49. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper's pick: Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

We're doing a nice job tag-teaming Pittsburgh's top needs, Todd, but one remains. I actually had this pairing at No. 32 overall in my two-round mock draft. Harrison could immediately challenge Dan Moore Jr. for the starting left tackle spot.

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

McShay's pick: Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State

At 6-foot-8 and 374 pounds, Jones is massive and could be the answer opposite Tristan Wirfs on an offensive line that needs support. The Bucs cut Donovan Smith and no longer have Tom Brady getting the ball out quickly. If Tampa Bay doesn't go tackle in Round 1, it will likely take the best one on the board here in Round 2.

mia.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

51. Miami Dolphins

Kiper's pick: Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State

I struggled a little bit with this one, Miami's first pick of the draft. Could it go with a running back or will it fill that need on the veteran market? I like Strange's upside as a pass-catcher, and he is more rounded than Mike Gesicki, who left for New England in free agency.

52. Seattle Seahawks

McShay's pick: Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State

Reed is one of my favorite prospects in the class. He is so good after the catch and can line up inside or outside. He would be the perfect complement to DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett in an offense that loves receivers who can generate separation.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Kiper-McShay, some of the 2nd round

I like Ringo in that range.  But if the board fell that way, I'd take Harrison-Dawand (if they didn't take a tackle earlier) but to me the no brainer pick is Gibbs.  Gibbs in the 2nd -- would be a stoke of luck.  He's to me Kamara with some Dalvin Cook in him, too.  I had a massive draft crush on Cook before that draft and ala he went just a few picks before our 2nd round pick.

43. New York Jets

Kiper's pick: Adetomiwa Adebawore, DT, Northwestern

Well, Todd stole my pick, but I guess it doesn't matter since they're both going to the Jets. Adebawore lit up at the combine, showing off his impressive physical traits. He has positional flexibility, even if he is likely never going to be a 10-sack-per-season player.

atl.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

44. Atlanta Falcons

McShay's pick: Jonathan Mingo, WR, Ole Miss

If Atlanta is going to give Desmond Ridder a real shot to be its answer under center, then it better get him another pass-catcher to complement Drake London and Kyle Pitts. Mingo is physical and can line up all over the offense. I've heard a lot of buzz around his name over the past month or so.

45. Green Bay Packers

Kiper's pick: BJ Ojulari, OLB, LSU

The Packers are thinner than you think on the edge. Ojulari, my fourth-ranked outside linebacker, had more than 80 QB pressures over the past two seasons.

ne.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

46. New England Patriots

McShay's pick: Tyrique Stevenson, CB, Miami-FL

The Patriots re-signed Jonathan Jones, and their pass defense was pretty strong last season, but the cornerback room needs depth. Adding speed and physicality outside makes sense on Day 2.

47. Washington Commanders

Kiper's pick: Kelee Ringo, CB, Georgia

Ringo is a boom-or-bust defender, and some scouts believe he'll eventually move to safety. He is worth a flier in Round 2 because of his traits, though. If he puts his tools together, the Commanders could get a steal.

48. Detroit Lions

McShay's pick: Jahmyr Gibbs, RB, Alabama

I'm not sure Gibbs falls this far, but the Lions would love this scenario. They signed David Montgomery and already have D'Andre Swift, but Gibbs brings a different element to the offense than the former, and the latter hasn't been able to stay healthy. Gibbs is nearly impossible to tackle in the open field and could put up big numbers as an after-the-catch playmaker for Jared Goff in the pass game.

49. Pittsburgh Steelers

Kiper's pick: Anton Harrison, OT, Oklahoma

We're doing a nice job tag-teaming Pittsburgh's top needs, Todd, but one remains. I actually had this pairing at No. 32 overall in my two-round mock draft. Harrison could immediately challenge Dan Moore Jr. for the starting left tackle spot.

50. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

McShay's pick: Dawand Jones, OT, Ohio State

At 6-foot-8 and 374 pounds, Jones is massive and could be the answer opposite Tristan Wirfs on an offensive line that needs support. The Bucs cut Donovan Smith and no longer have Tom Brady getting the ball out quickly. If Tampa Bay doesn't go tackle in Round 1, it will likely take the best one on the board here in Round 2.

mia.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

51. Miami Dolphins

Kiper's pick: Brenton Strange, TE, Penn State

I struggled a little bit with this one, Miami's first pick of the draft. Could it go with a running back or will it fill that need on the veteran market? I like Strange's upside as a pass-catcher, and he is more rounded than Mike Gesicki, who left for New England in free agency.

52. Seattle Seahawks

McShay's pick: Jayden Reed, WR, Michigan State

Reed is one of my favorite prospects in the class. He is so good after the catch and can line up inside or outside. He would be the perfect complement to DK Metcalf and Tyler Lockett in an offense that loves receivers who can generate separation.

I don't see things playing out like this with Gibbs, Harrison and Jones still on the board, Ringo looks to be a poor decision

Yeah Gibbs at 47 would be a steal and a huge weapon for EB

I like Kuntz but not this early. Looks like Diaby who is one of my favs is a riser -- 3rd round now?  I'd kill for Steen in the late third, I think he will be a good LG.

Part of the reason why I want to trade down is our third round position sucks, its basically a high 4th rounder.

dal.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

90. Dallas Cowboys

McShay's pick: Kendre Miller, RB, TCU

Dallas moved on from Ezekiel Elliott, so it is a prime candidate to add a running back on Day 2 to pair with Tony Pollard in the backfield. And Miller has some impressive agility; his tape is filled with elusive jump cuts.

buf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

91. Buffalo Bills

Kiper's pick: Antonio Johnson, S, Texas A&M

I'm surprised Johnson is still on the board. What are we doing, Todd? This is a great pick for Buffalo. Johnson played a ton of nickel corner for the Aggies, and he piled up tackles for them. For the Bills, this is a pick to get some help for their aging safeties.

cin.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

92. Cincinnati Bengals

McShay's pick: Ji'Ayir Brown, S, Penn State

Cincinnati plugged the Jessie Bates III hole at safety with Nick Scott in free agency, but there are still some question marks at the position on the Bengals' depth chart. Watch a few minutes of Brown's tape and you'll be wowed by his instincts and recognition skills. I think he could move around the defense and contribute as a rookie.

car.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

93. Carolina Panthers (from SF)

Kiper's pick: Andre Carter II, DE, Navy

Carter has some stiffness, but he looked like a first-rounder in 2021, when he had 15.5 sacks. Last season? He struggled with more attention from blockers, finishing with three sacks. With a 6-foot-6 frame, he is worth a flier as an edge rusher in Round 3. NFL coaching will really help him blossom.

phi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

94. Philadelphia Eagles

McShay's pick: Blake Freeland, OT, BYU

I ended up with all four picks for Philly here, and I'm capping them off with a quick-footed zone blocker who could provide depth for the Eagles' line and potentially open up some running lanes for new back Bijan Robinson.

kc.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

95. Kansas City Chiefs

Kiper's pick: Tyler Steen, OT, Alabama

The 6-foot-6 Steen started 45 games for the Crimson Tide, playing both left and right tackle. The Chiefs are relying on some youth along the O-line, and Steen could be the swing tackle as a rookie.

ari.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

96. Arizona Cardinals*

McShay's pick: Roschon Johnson, RB, Texas

Arizona ranked 20th in yards per rush (4.3) and 27th in runs of 10-plus yards (42) last season. I know, I know. This roster has a lot of issues, but Johnson could put up big numbers for the Cards and give quarterback Kyler Murray more help.

97. Washington Commanders*

Kiper's pick: Zack Kuntz, TE, Old Dominion

At 6-foot-7 and 253 pounds, Kuntz ran a 4.55-second 40-yard dash at the combine, one of the best times from any tight end there. He has a ways to go to become a complete player, though. In Washington, he could sit behind Logan Thomas and use 2023 as a redshirt year.

cle.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

98. Cleveland Browns*

McShay's pick: Henry To'oTo'o, ILB, Alabama

I like To'oTo'o's speed at the second level, and I think his range would boost a run defense that got knocked for 4.7 yards per carry last season, eighth worst in the NFL.

sf.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

99. San Francisco 49ers*

Kiper's pick: Joey Fisher, OT/G, Shepherd

OK, last two picks for me, and they're both for the 49ers, who have yet to draft a player. Let's start with Fisher, who was invited to the Senior Bowl but couldn't practice due to a broken hand. He had an impressive pro day, though, and I think he is likely going to play guard in the NFL. He isn't ready to compete in 2023, but he has a ton of upside.

lv.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

100. Las Vegas Raiders (from KC/NYG)*

McShay's pick: Tavius Robinson, OLB, Ole Miss

Chandler Jones is 33 years old, and he didn't live up to expectations in his first season in Las Vegas, so getting more explosive pass-rushers with versatility wouldn't be a bad call for the Raiders.

101. San Francisco 49ers*

Kiper's pick: YaYa Diaby, DE, Louisville

I just wrote about Diaby on Monday; he is my 10th-ranked defensive end. He broke out with 9.5 sacks last season. At 6-foot-3 and 263 pounds, he is a little undersized, but he has tools with which to work.

102. San Francisco 49ers*

McShay's pick: Tre'Vius Hodges-Tomlinson

The Niners went from 0 to 60 mph quickly, huh? After sitting out the first 98 picks, they've had three selections in a four-pick span. I considered Southern California defensive lineman Tuli Tuipulotu here to close out our three-round mock draft, but San Francisco's cornerback depth is lacking, and Hodges-Tomlinson has good instincts and ball skills despite a smaller frame.

Some day 3 guys I would like to see what EB could do with:

Hunter Lupke who I really like and wish we would bring back a good FB/HB combo. 6"1" 236 4.61 40. 

Eli Higgins and the Stanford tie to the Commanders 6'3" 235 4.54 40

I know they have both been talked about but these two are worth a later round selection to add a twist we've been missing

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

I don't see things playing out like this with Gibbs, Harrison and Jones still on the board, Ringo looks to be a poor decision

Yeah Gibbs at 47 would be a steal and a huge weapon for EB

If they took Wright at 16, doubt they'd take a tackle again though.

Ringo's tools and makeup IMO make him intriguing to me at 47.  From what I read he's a good kid.  He plays with a lot of fire.  Tall-rangy and fast with ball skiils.  6 '2 with 4.36 speed.  Good against the run.  Gets beat on double moves -- I think that can be fixed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If they took Wright at 16, doubt they'd take a tackle again though.

Ringo's tools and makeup IMO make him intiguing to me at 47.  From what I read he's a good kid.  He plays with a lot of fire.  Tall-rangy and fast with ball skiils.  6 '2 with 4.36 speed.  Good against the run.  Gets beat on double moves -- I think that can be fixed. 

At 47 none of the those 4 players belong there. Ringo has so much potential, but he scares me too with all the big plays he gives. I have seen him take over a game, be the best player on the talented field, then in a second look like ****

8 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

At 47 none of the those 4 players belong there. Ringo has so much potential, but he scares me too with all the big plays he gives. I have seen him take over a game, be the best player on the talented field, then in a second look like ****

Especially in the mid 2nd round -- toolsy corners intrigue me, Ringo, Brents, DJ. Turner maybe a little later on Darius Rush.   Turner is my fav in that mix but he's likely gone pre 47.

13 hours ago, wit33 said:

Not trading Young. 

You want your franchise to exploit the youth of a player while on a rookie deal. Hurry up and exercise the 5th year option and move on to the next issue. 

This idea good players should be traded while at peak value is wild and on top of it, somehow this is being accepted as what a franchise should do/common knowledge.

Yes, there are opportunities to trade guys but not EVERY time.

If he’s a complete knucklehead off the field, then okay, but we don’t know that. Also, most arguments Center around him free lancing, but we also know every Dlineman hated the previous Dline coach and disagreed philosophically which led to his eventual firing.

2 years for 28 mil, then lets see where things are at. 

The whole point is that this would be a very expensive 5th year option. It is inflated given his draft position and his DROY/Pro Bowl accelerating that amount

• Like 2