Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

Elon Musk’s fight against Media Matters gets backup from Missouri attorney general

Missouri’s attorney general is intervening in a highly publicized legal fight between billionaire Elon Musk and a left-leaning media watchdog group documenting antisemitic content on his social media platform.

Attorney General Andrew Bailey announced last week he’s initiating an investigation against Media Matters for America, a Washington, D.C.-based group that writes articles critical of conservative media outlets and personalities. Media Matters also showcased some of the alleged deficiencies of Musk’s stewardship of X, the new name for Twitter, including how extremist accounts were thriving on the site.

“I believe in the right to free speech. I think that it's central to our republic and who we are as an American people and to our freedom,” Bailey said in an interview with St. Louis Public Radio. “I'm concerned that there may be entities that will lie, cheat and steal to take that freedom away from us.”

At issue are articles showing how ads appeared next to accounts that espouse antisemitic and pro-Adolf Hitler content. Musk sued Media Matters, accusing the group of “contriving” and “manufacturing” screenshots showcasing the juxtaposition.

Bailey announced last week that he’s looking into whether Media Matters fraudulently tried to solicit contributions from Missourians to persuade advertisers to flee X. In a letter sent to Media Matters, Bailey demanded a slew of documents including “communications and documents related to soliciting charitable funds from residents of Missouri.”

Click on the link for the full article

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I'm still consistently amazed at how ugly the Cybertruck is. It's legitimately one of the most horrible looking motor vehicles in memory.

Idk this was pretty ugly

IMG_0547.thumb.png.67f49855a3c60012ab852389d06a858d.png

The cyber truck was worth it when it had an exoskeleton frame and 500 miles of range. I think crash testing realities caused the exoskeleton frame not to happen, then that coupled with the only modest increased in battery technology led to the disappointing 320 miles of range.

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Idk this was pretty ugly

IMG_0547.thumb.png.67f49855a3c60012ab852389d06a858d.png

The cyber truck was worth it when it had an exoskeleton frame and 500 miles of range. I think crash testing realities caused the exoskeleton frame not to happen, then that coupled with the only modest increased in battery technology led to the disappointing 320 miles of range.

Oh that's definitely ugly AF. No argument there.

But my point had nothing to do with its range or exoskeleton or what not. It has to do with the basic overall design and aesthetics. It looks like it was designed by a drunk 8 year old from 1960. It's just ugly as ****.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

But my point had nothing to do with its range or exoskeleton or what not. It has to do with the basic overall design and aesthetics. It looks like it was designed by a drunk 8 year old from 1960. It's just ugly as ****.

Yea, but when it was announced according to Tesla the reasons for its unique shape (your design complaint) were to increase range by using an exoskeleton frame (to reduce weight and increase battery capacity) and to reduce the trucks coefficient of friction.

If we were actually getting any of that, I agree with function over form. But now it doesn’t look like we are getting form or function. And it is priced pretty high vs a model x with longer range

15 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, but when it was announced according to Tesla the reasons for its unique shape (your design complaint) were to increase range by using an exoskeleton frame (to reduce weight and increase battery capacity) and to reduce the trucks coefficient of friction.

If we were actually getting any of that, I agree with function over form. But now it doesn’t look like we are getting form or function. And it is priced pretty high vs a model x with longer range

Did they release any of their actual testing and engineering data to back that up? Because I'm leaning towards "Bull****. Elon just wanted it to look like that because he IS basically a drunk 8 year old from 1960"

Elon Musk Says DEI ‘Must Die’ And Criticizes Diversity Schemes As ‘Discrimination’

Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives are a form of discrimination and must end, billionaire Elon Musk said Friday, his latest tirade against political correctness and “woke” culture amid growing criticism that his social media platform X is amplifying hateful and antisemitic content.

“DEI must DIE,” Musk said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

DEI initiatives are intended to create safer and fairer work environments and focus on ensuring equal access and opportunity for people who face historic and ongoing discrimination and are underrepresented in the workforce through schemes like dedicated training, mentorship opportunities and hiring programs.

Musk argued that while the point of such schemes “was to end discrimination,” they have served to “replace it with different discrimination.”

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

52 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I said it looked like it was designed for the two dudes from the Money For Nothing video lol...

image.png.7090be170f8f51e79a7d3b5cad946343.png

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, China said:

Elon Musk Says DEI ‘Must Die’ And Criticizes Diversity Schemes As ‘Discrimination’

Diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) initiatives are a form of discrimination and must end, billionaire Elon Musk said Friday, his latest tirade against political correctness and “woke” culture amid growing criticism that his social media platform X is amplifying hateful and antisemitic content.

“DEI must DIE,” Musk said in a post on X, formerly known as Twitter.

DEI initiatives are intended to create safer and fairer work environments and focus on ensuring equal access and opportunity for people who face historic and ongoing discrimination and are underrepresented in the workforce through schemes like dedicated training, mentorship opportunities and hiring programs.

Musk argued that while the point of such schemes “was to end discrimination,” they have served to “replace it with different discrimination.”

Incelf on the shelf, indeed. 

Next he'll be defending apartheid. 

• Haha 1

DEI is a joke. The intentions are good, but he’s right, extra stuff is afforded people based on skin color/gender

It was funny asking one of them how they were able to determine one person was deserving of the extra help and resources and the other wasn’t, when all they knew about the two people was their skin color.

5 minutes ago, tshile said:

It was funny asking one of them how they were able to determine one person was deserving of the extra help and resources and the other wasn’t, when all they knew about the two people was their skin color.

I think DEI is attempting to address systemic discrimination (which I hope you agree exists) which affects all minorities. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

DEI is a joke. The intentions are good, but he’s right, extra stuff is afforded people based on skin color/gender

DEI isn't based on or validated/invalidated by "one person", though...

That sounds a lot like the argument I've heard whites make that white privilege doesn't exist because "my buddy, who is black, came from a wealthy family while my family lived paycheck to paycheck."

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

DEI isn't based on or validated/invalidated by "one person", though...

That sounds a lot like the argument I've heard whites make that white privilege doesn't exist because "my buddy, who is black, came from a wealthy family while my family lived paycheck to paycheck."

Hey man - whatever you gotta tell yourself to accept bull**** ideas, have at it

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

I think DEI is attempting to address systemic discrimination (which I hope you agree exists) which affects all minorities. 

Thanks captain obvious

That would be why I said “the intentions are good”

22 minutes ago, tshile said:

Hey man - whatever you gotta tell yourself to accept bull**** ideas, have at it

Thanks captain obvious

That would be why I said “the intentions are good”

Yea, but then you used an argument that suggested knowing the specifics of a person (other than race) was required to decide who deserves extra help.

If DEI’s goal is to mitigate systemic discrimination the specifics aren’t important.

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Yea, but then you used an argument that suggested knowing the specifics of a person (other than race) was required to decide who deserves extra help.

If DEI’s goal is to mitigate systemic discrimination the specifics aren’t important.

It makes total sense you don’t see the issue here. 

It’s fine, keep pushing for unequal treatment based not on gender and race, under a banner of fighting racism and sexism. It’s easy to ignore one’s own hypocrisy

I think I may need to add DEI to the "Things People Don't Like That They Know Nothing About" list lol...so far there's:

- Woke

- CRT

- BLM

- White Privilege

- Institutionalized/Systemic Racism

- Transgenderism

- Polka

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
Forgot to add "transgenderism"
  • Thanks 1

Just now, tshile said:

It makes total sense you don’t see the issue here. 

It’s fine, keep pushing for unequal treatment based not on gender and race, under a banner of fighting racism and sexism. It’s easy to ignore one’s own hypocrisy

Unequal treatment already exists. This is just unequal treatment in reverse, to attempt make the net zero.

Just now, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I think I may need to add DEI to the "Things People Don't Like That They Know Nothing About" list lol...so far there's:

- Woke

- CRT

- BLM

- White Privilege

- Institutionalized/Systemic Racism

- Polka

How many seminars on DEI have you attended?

Just now, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Unequal treatment already exists. This is just unequal treatment in reverse, to attempt make the net zero.

Ah yes. The two wrongs make a right justification. It tracks. 

What’s better is the aimlessness of your solution @CousinsCowgirl84

you dont even know if the person being wronged or righted needs a correction. You’re just guessing. Based on skin color and/or gender. 

Sounds real smart. 

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I didn't realize attending seminars was the only way to understand a topic. Interesting. Puts this entire message board into a different perspective lol...

How many academic sessions have you been on for DEI?

2 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Actually we do, because we know systemic discrimination exists. 

Which has jack all to do with what specific extra accommodations a specific person gets, or doesn’t get, in an environment.