Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

6 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Have you pointed out how I'm wrong yet?...My guess is no.

And my previous comment still stands.

Well surely you must manage/lead people or otherwise be in some position to help develop and execute policies for the workforce?

6 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

So now DEI is the true root cause of racism in America? Weird I was always told it was affirmative action. 🤪

Is this the part where you make up what people say cause you can’t deal with what they actually said?

if so that’s good cause it means we’re all on the same page about you all being full of **** :) 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, tshile said:

It makes total sense you don’t see the issue here. 

It’s fine, keep pushing for unequal treatment based not on gender and race, under a banner of fighting racism and sexism. It’s easy to ignore one’s own hypocrisy

Curious, do you have a better solution to offer to battle systemic racism in the workforce? 

Edit..not being a smartass. I just don't know of anything better. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

2 minutes ago, tshile said:

Well surely you must manage/lead people or otherwise be in some position to help develop and execute policies for the workforce?

Orrrr...I'm just intelligent and well-read.

Doesn't hurt that my brother is highly experienced in the formation and integration of DEI policies at the university level (even from before it was officially called DEI), and he and I have had more lengthy discussions on the topic than I could possibly remember.

And you still haven't told me where anything I said was wrong. Are you able to do that?

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Curious, do you have a better solution to offer to battle systemic racism in the workforce? 

Edit..not being a smartass. I just don't know of anything better. 

there are things I’ve seen pushed through DEI that are good. 

I would also prefer we actually do things for people that were actually harmed, that we limit what we take away from others and that we decide that based on their skin color/gender. 

but recognizing how limited in scope that could - I’m all for the intentions of DEI. I said, in my first post, that I thought the intentions of DEI were good. 

I definitely think anything that creates the conversation and exposure is a good thing. Requiring attendance to seminars, or whatever, seems like a great idea. Being around dc - doing something that gets people going through some of the museums (or organizations or events) we have dedicated to either the ancestors or cultures of people would be good. I’m kind spoiled in the sense there’s a hell of a lot around here that helps that most of the country doesn’t necessarily have

I also think a lot of places would do some good if they practiced what they preach. There’s a lot of non-intentional things that could be changed that would make a difference. Once saw someone that had a desire to make diversity a core of their culture. I think by their own standards they did well. I think a lot of people would think they did well. I say it as someone that’s not a fan of the way they chose to do things - but I recognize progressives and I don’t see eye to eye on it. Yet their webpage only had while people on their about us section. Not for any intentional reason - managing and updating the website was not on anyone’s mind, it was a project they worked on 3 years prior. But they had all this diversity throughout their company but if you were considering working there you surely wouldn’t know it from their own material. 

I have to make dinner now so 🤷‍♂️ 

13 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Orrrr...I'm just intelligent and well-read.

yeah I knew you were full of **** from the start. I was just trying to be polite and ask what your *actual* experience with the subject at hand was, before guessing it was zero and making fun of you for pretending to the be the authority on who does and doesn’t know a topic without having a single slice of experience yourself. 

you do this a lot, so I was pretty confident in my guess, but thought I’d give you the benefit of the doubt and see how that turned out 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, tshile said:

yeah I knew you were full of **** from the start. I was just trying to be polite and ask what your *actual* experience with the subject at hand was, before guessing it was zero and making fun of you for pretending to the be the authority on who does and doesn’t know a topic without having a single slice of experience yourself. 

you do this a lot, so I was pretty confident in my guess, but thought I’d give you the benefit of the doubt and see how that turned out 

Translation: "I can't prove that anything you said was wrong, so here's an insult instead."

And you made the mistake of letting your emotions dictate your responses.

I'll make it easy for you and list my comments about DEI in bullet point form, and you can go down point by point and say why what I wrote shows I'm "full of ****":

- "DEI isn't based on or validated/invalidated by "one person", though..."

- "I think I may need to add DEI to the "Things People Don't Like That They Know Nothing About" list lol"

There you go...only two things. Show everyone how full of **** I am and debunk those comments I made. Gracias.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

DEI is a joke. The intentions are good, but he’s right, extra stuff is afforded people based on skin color/gender

It was funny asking one of them how they were able to determine one person was deserving of the extra help and resources and the other wasn’t, when all they knew about the two people was their skin color.

Programs should be judged by their results moreso then their intentions.

What evidence is there to support that there is equal or more "extra stuff is afforded people based on skin color/gender" then direct evidence DEI is working?  That will help me with concuring on with fixing or eliminating these programs.

Our multi-racial country needs to put more thought into programs regardless of how they help consistently leave out one race in specific. Been saying this for years and it's like no one is listening, this is also the race with the most money and guns, FOAF.

One place to start is trying where we can to separate race problems in need of racebased solutions from resource problems from being addressed with resource-based solutions. Let's not get it twisted, the cumulative history of this country will make this hard. But there are more white people on SNAP in this country then any other racial group.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/americans-welfare-perceptions-survey_n_5a7880cde4b0d3df1d13f60b

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What evidence is there to support that there is equal or more "extra stuff is afforded people based on skin color/gender" then direct evidence DEI is working?  That will help me with concuring on with fixing or eliminating these programs.

I don’t know. The people presenting stuff aren’t going to discuss that, and someone putting that together is probably speaking at a place I don’t want to be 😂 

there are aspects of it that are dumb, if the goal is to fight racism. And I’ve been round and round on this type of topic around here enough to know I’m in the extreme minority on this. I’m ok with that.

(I’m in agreement with the rest of your post, btw)

26 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Translation: "I can't prove that anything you said was wrong, so here's an insult instead."

And you made the mistake of letting your emotions dictate your responses.

I'll make it easy for you and list my comments about DEI in bullet point form, and you can go down point by point and say why what I wrote shows I'm "full of ****":

- "DEI isn't based on or validated/invalidated by "one person", though..."

- "I think I may need to add DEI to the "Things People Don't Like That They Know Nothing About" list lol"

There you go...only two things. Show everyone how full of **** I am and debunk those comments I made. Gracias.

You can have fun with your circle jerk on telling everyone how smart you are about a subject you have no experience in, and judging how much they know, can’t forget that part

zero. You’ve got none. You aren’t even in charge of leading people or mentoring a group of people. 

Out of curiosity what list does that put you on? 😂 

Edited by tshile

28 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

But there are more white people on SNAP in this country then any other racial group.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/americans-welfare-perceptions-survey_n_5a7880cde4b0d3df1d13f60b

this part is dicey because it’s so easy to get caught up in a specific set of numbers. 

I would hope there are always more white people than black people on Medicaid. Black people are like 13% of the population, we’d have to go horribly backwards to get to a point we’re Medicaid is numerically more black people than white people. 

but when you start looking at % of the population demos you see the disparities that’s really at the heart of the conversation

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

You can have fun with your circle jerk on telling everyone how smart you are about a subject you have no experience in, and judging how much they know, can’t forget that part

zero. You’ve got none. You aren’t even in charge of leading people or mentoring a group of people. 

Out of curiosity what list does that put you on? 😂 

Dude...I put it in bullet points lol...I made it easy for you to show everyone how my responses showed I was "full of ****." Why didn't you do so?

And you apparently feel that if you have not taken seminars on DEI or helped develop and execute DEI policies, then you hold no more knowledge on the subject than anyone else, and your opinions are no more fact-based than anyone else's. Did you think your response though, or did you let the mere fact that it was me dictate your responses? I'm voting for the latter lol...

• Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

this part is dicey because it’s so easy to get caught up in a specific set of numbers. 

I would hope there are always more white people than black people on Medicaid. Black people are like 13% of the population, we’d have to go horribly backwards to get to a point we’re Medicaid is numerically more black people than white people. 

but when you start looking at % of the population demos you see the disparities that’s really at the heart of the conversation

Agreed.

When i see the stat of the number of White people in SNAP it hits home to me the reality many of them need resources as well that denying based on race only is bad idea.  What I'm seeing is more opinions of outrage tied to this oversimplification of the matter...complex problems typically require complex solutions.

Yeah I don't know the true stats to make the case for or against DEI that I asked for, maybe Department of Labor does or best place to start.  While I lean to where you are because of my own experiences and how I feel about affirmative action having evidence to work against me and help, I don't agree with blunt force truma to the head Elon proposing if for any reason I'm not convinced he knows either.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

But equaling the playing field for minorities is always going to hurt my people until my people aren't the majority. That's how equaling the playing field works. 

Ir probably shouldn't be too surprising that the incelf on the shelf doesn't want his people to be bypassed. He is living example of benefitting heavily for being a non black South African. 

• Thanks 1

Just arranged to have the boat detailed today 

stoked for April 

29 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Failure to recognize that you do is probably part of the problem. 😆

As a white European mutt, I acknowledge that I generally have a head start in the American workplace. 

Yeah but I hate white people just as much as anyone else 

• Haha 3

This isn’t a coincidence. The right are masters of manufacturing new & fake controversies, crises, & moral panics.

This is the main reason I haven't really bothered reading up on the rise in antisemitism on college campuses. Lotta outrage last week at university presidents feels like another manufactured controversy. Especially considering DEI is now being blamed for it. Sus. 🤷‍♂️