Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Unofficial "Elon Musk trying to "Save Everyone" from Themselves (except his Step-Sister)" Thread...

Renegade7

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Damn. Yikes. 

“Is it OK to be white” is a dumb question. It’s not like it’s a choice. Whether it’s ok or not some people are white. I don’t know what the people who voted no were feeling or trying to convey. 

but the stuff that dilbert guy said was way out of line. And no one even asked him so he decided through himself head first onto a pile of ****. He deserves what he gets and even if the media was racist, his cartoons deserved to get pulled. 

Dilbert Guy:

“If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with White people – according to this poll, not according to me, according to th is poll – that’s a hate group“

Now, honestly, if he had of stopped there I think the backlash would have been much less severe. But he went on:

”“I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” Adams added. “And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the f**k away … because there is no fixing this.”

WTF? I don’t see how anyone can defend that as “the media is racist”…. 

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

8 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

When are people going to get it through their heads that guys like Elon and Trump demand absolute loyalty from people around them, but give absolutely none back?

They don't care about you, no matter how many hours a week you work for them or how much praise you give them. If it's advantageous for them to ditch you, they'll do so without a second thought, regardless of how much loyalty you've shown them and for how long.

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

8 hours ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Damn. Yikes. 

“Is it OK to be white” is a dumb question. It’s not like it’s a choice. Whether it’s ok or not some people are white. I don’t know what the people who voted no were feeling or trying to convey. 

but the stuff that dilbert guy said was way out of line. And no one even asked him so he decided through himself head first onto a pile of ****. He deserves what he gets and even if the media was racist, his cartoons deserved to get pulled. 

Dilbert Guy:

“If nearly half of all Blacks are not OK with White people – according to this poll, not according to me, according to th is poll – that’s a hate group“

Now, honestly, if he had of stopped there I think the backlash would have been much less severe. But he went on:

”“I don’t want to have anything to do with them,” Adams added. “And I would say, based on the current way things are going, the best advice I would give to White people is to get the hell away from Black people, just get the f**k away … because there is no fixing this.”

WTF? I don’t see how anyone can defend that as “the media is racist”…. 

On the question of why someone would disagree with the "It's OK to be white" statement:

From this article: https://apnews.com/article/kansas-city-business-d1d88fe02461930d9c2ad70e1f55b136?utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=TopNews&utm_campaign=position_04

The backlash against Adams arose following comments on “Real Coffee with Scott Adams.” Among other topics, Adams used the YouTube show to reference a Rasmussen Reports survey that had asked whether people agreed with the statement “It’s OK to be white.”

Most agreed, but Adams noted that 26% of Black respondents disagreed and others weren’t sure.

The Anti-Defamation League says the phrase was popularized in 2017 as a trolling campaign by members of the discussion forum 4chan but then began being used by some white supremacists.

It's like asking if someone is ok with the number 1488. If you don't know anything about it, you'd wonder how anyone could be against a number, but if you know it means, then you know it can be used as a racist signal. People who are aware that "It's ok to be white" carries more meaning that it seems on the surface aren't ok with the statement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 3

On 2/18/2023 at 8:38 PM, Corcaigh said:

If he is serious about Twitter being a payment platform, just get rid of SMS as an authentication method. Authenticator apps are as easy to use. 

IMO they're a little more time consuming, especially on android (assuming android isn't doing it the same way as Apple now) but not a huge deal. Even so, for most people it's a lot more approachable and if they can't do it via SMS, they probably won't use 2FA at all. It will be interesting to see if a bunch of their user base gets shut out when the deadline hits. I'd love to see his reaction if say, 20 or 25% of his user base is locked out. That'll help increase ad revenue I'm sure.

16 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

So hard to believe that a Boer would be caping for someone's personal apartheid crusade.🙄

• Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

They didn't cancel him because of his comedy. It had nothing to do with comedy. He wasn't making some shrewd and insightful tongue in cheek joke in order to make a statement about the current state of race relations. 

They got rid of him because he's a straight up out in the open racist and went on a full blown racist rant on video. The only thing missing was the n word, and I'm sure it was screaming in the back of his head the whole time he was going on his rant.

Also, anyone who finds Dilbert funny or insightful is dumber than a box of rocks.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Last week, Twitter managers started receiving unexpected calls from Steve Davis. A longtime associate of Elon Musk’s — he began working at SpaceX in 2003 — Davis is currently CEO of The Boring Company. Since loaning himself out to Twitter last year, Davis has emerged as one of Musk’s top lieutenants there.  

Who on your team is exceptional? Davis asked managers when they got on the phone. Who would you bet your job on? 

At first, managers assumed the questions were related to annual bonuses. In January, Musk’s associates told Twitter employees that high performers would receive new stock grants. That hadn’t happened yet. Perhaps now was finally the time? 

On Saturday, though, the real reason for the calls was finally revealed. Twitter employees tried to log onto their work devices only to find that they’d been locked out, just like thousands of workers before them. Once again, there was no warning. If there was a twist here, it’s that the move came three months after Musk told employees that the company was done with layoffs.