Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Missile attack against a U.S. base in Iraq

spjunkies

• spjunkies changed the title to Possible missile attack against a U.S. base in Iraq
  • spjunkies changed the title to Missile attack against a U.S. base in Iraq

Missiles fired from Iran fall near US consulate in Erbil, Iraq - report

Some 12 missiles were fired from Iranian territory and fell near the US consulate in Erbil in northwestern Iraq on Saturday night.

The Kurdistan Counter-Terrorism Service announced that 12 ballistic missiles were fired from "outside the borders of Iraq and the Kurdistan region, specifically from the east," according to the Iraqi News Agency (INA).

Independent open-source intelligence (OSINT) accounts shared videos reportedly shared by Iranian civilians showing missiles being fired from Iran at the time of the attack, with at least one of the videos being geolocated to a site in Khasabad in the East Azerbaijan province of Iran.

Click on the link for the full article

The main video that initially circulated scratched my cynicism itch. 

it’s like why you taking that video? It’s happenstance?

it’s even got the “oh there it is” twitch. When the missile comes into view and it jerks to the left a bit. Like you want the missile to be in the center of the frame. Then you realize it can’t be.  

it’s just odd. 

Of course originally it was reported as “a missile struck the consulate” and now it’s 12 missiles landed around the consulate. So I guess other missiles fall and people start filming. 

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

Of course originally it was reported as “a missile struck the consulate” and now it’s 12 missiles landed around the consulate. So I guess other missiles fall and people start filming. 

How many mass shootings announce "multiple shooters", and then turn out to be one guy?  

Early reports taken when major media report the contents of tweets . . . have a low reliability.  

(Which, you would think, would cause major media to stop doing that.  But they won't.)  

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Larry said:

How many mass shootings announce "multiple shooters", and then turn out to be one guy?  

Early reports taken when major media report the contents of tweets . . . have a low reliability.  

(Which, you would think, would cause major media to stop doing that.  But they won't.)  

Yeah but the context was dude taking video at the right time. 

i was just pointing out that my original view when watching the video was this is odd a missile strikes us in Iran, 1000000% out of the blue, and this guy has his camera rolling… it even does the twitchy “there it is” when it enters the frame (watch it…)

but, the reports now are 12 missiles. So I supposed it’s perfectly reasonable there were previous missiles and that’s why we have this perfect video of it. 

It was more pointing out “well here’s this piece of information that kind of ruins everything I just said” 

@CousinsCowgirl84If I'm reading that right (correct me if I'm wrong), Iran shot missles into Iraq to spite the US for something Israel did?

Not that I want them shooting missles at Israel right now, but that's whack to take it out in Iran to get to us for something Israel did if that's what happened.

Edited by Renegade7

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@CousinsCowgirl84If I'm reading that right (correct me if I'm wrong), Iran shot missles into Iraq to spite the US for something Israel did?

Not that I want them shooting missles at Israel right now, but that's whack to take it out in Iran to get to us for something Israel did if that's what happened.

I think someone on Twitter said there was a massad hq around there aswell.

Just now, tshile said:

@Renegade7

only thing I’ve seen is mossad killed some Iranians the other day. 
so they did this. 

Here's my problem with this, if what I'm reading is true, is Israel doesn't always listen to us, but Iran plans to punish Iraq and US for Isreal does?  I don't like that at all, Biden needs to call Israel asap if that's what's happening.

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

Here's my problem with this, if what I'm reading is true, is Israel doesn't always listen to us, but Iran plans to punish Iraq and US for Isreal does?  I don't like that at all, Biden needs to call Israel asap if that's what's happening.

we’ve been talking to Iran and Venezuela. 

iran was mad mosad did this. 

it’s possible we gave them an empty building in iraq to strike to satisfy or for their revenge. And absolutely nothing comes of this. 

@Renegade7

i have the general feeling isreal ****s a lot of things up for us. I’m not fond of them as a supposed ally. They ****ed up stuxnet too. They’re reckless. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Folks, Iran fired a few missiles.  into Iraq.  

This is not Earth shattering.  It is not WW3.  Biden does not need to call Israel right this instant to do something about it.  

(Ukraine might be WW3.  But this?  This is just Saturday night in the Middle East.)  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Larry said:

This is not Earth shattering

I am generally with you in what I think you mean. 

but I think Iran striking a U.S. complex anywhere is important news. 

I’m anticipating Biden smooths this over somehow but it’s far from a comforting situation :) 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tshile said:

we’ve been talking to Iran and Venezuela. 

iran was mad mosad did this. 

it’s possible we gave them an empty building in iraq to strike to satisfy or for their revenge. And absolutely nothing comes of this. 

@Renegade7

i have the general feeling isreal ****s a lot of things up for us. I’m not fond of them as a supposed ally. They ****ed up stuxnet too. They’re reckless. 

Yes, and thank you for bringing up stuxent for me so I dont have to.

5 minutes ago, Larry said:

Folks, Iran fired a few missiles.  into Iraq.  

This is not Earth shattering.  It is not WW3.  Biden does not need to call Israel right this instant to do something about it.  

(Ukraine might be WW3.  But this?  This is just Saturday night in the Middle East.)  

Oh yes he does, and not in the context of World War 3.

But in the context that Israel is doing **** that Iran is deciding to take out in other countries, including us.  What I don't want is Israel thinking that can keep doing that because Iran won't retaliate to them directly, **** that ****.

12 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

But in the context that Israel is doing **** that Iran is deciding to take out in other countries, including us.  What I don't want is Israel thinking that can keep doing that because Iran won't retaliate to them directly, **** that ****.

Hey.  I've got a lot of problems with Israel.  

(You folks don't want to know just how far I would willingly go against Israel, if I'm making the decisions.)  

Not because of this, though.  Because of the Palestinians.  

• Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, Larry said:

Hey.  I've got a lot of problems with Israel.  

(You folks don't want to know just how far I would willingly go against Israel, if I'm making the decisions.)  

Not because of this, though.  Because of the Palestinians.  

I say add this to the pile, and you and i might not be that far apart in how we should be dealing with Israel.

29 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What I don't want is Israel thinking that can keep doing that because Iran won't retaliate to them directly, **** that ****.

Everyone talks about ww3

what we might actually be witnessing is just a global realignment. 

maybe isreal stops being something we value.