Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

No idea. My comment was in reference to your statement that “we don't seem to have the balls to go beyond sanctions” when that is very clearly not true.  

Oh.  Sorry I thought you were referring to the other statement.  My bad.

• Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

THIS.  

Personally, I’m proud as **** that he said it. It was a for-real “Leader of the Free World” moment. 

Yeah, and it’s not he even called for ac coup or an uprising.

Russia does have elections, right ? And mechanisms for legally removing Presidents from office ?

Edited by DCSaints_fan
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

THIS.  

Personally, I’m proud as **** that he said it. It was a for-real “Leader of the Free World” moment. 

Yep.

at first I was kinda pissed off at “the whitehouse” back tracking.

But actually if Russia is gonna say things but not mean them I don’t think there is anything wrong with the US meaning things but not officially saying them.

1 minute ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Russia does have elections, right ? And mechanisms for legally removing Presidents from office ?

No. It would take the oligarchs turning on him, which isn’t impossible. But it’s not a we the people type deal.

3 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

Not real elections, no. I think Putin only leaves if he dies or gets arrested. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

42 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why shouldn’t he have said it?

It's ammo for Putin's propaganda arm in his country, at minimum, on top of what you quoted me on Putin being paranoid about someone getting rid of him as well.  

Is that a threat we made that we are going to push for that now?  Folks are already talking about changing the sanctions ro require ending the invasion AND THEN adding Putin has to leave as well.  I've already talked early about how that can backfire.

White House not being on the same page as the President is bad enough as it is, if White House didn't have to clarify what Biden said, this would look less like a mistake saying that.

As some noted the comment sounded like a call for regime change in Russia, the White House quickly issued a statement saying otherwise.

“The President’s point was that Putin cannot be allowed to exercise power over his neighbors or the region. He was not discussing Putin’s power in Russia, or regime change,” said a White House official in a statement sent widely to reporters. 

But the Kremlin was quick to seize on the remark. “That’s not for Biden to decide," Putin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov told Reuters. "The president of Russia is elected by Russians.” Russia has for years accused the U.S. and its allies of attempting to carry out regime change in its country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-says-putin-cannot-remain-power-white-house-says-otherwise-rcna21702

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

It's ammo for Putin's propaganda arm in his country, at minimum, on top of what you quoted me on Putin being paranoid about someone getting rid of him as well.  

Is that a threat we made that we are going to push for that now?  Folks are already talking about changing the sanctions ro require ending the invasion AND THEN adding Putin has to leave as well.  I've already talked early about how that can backfire.

White House not being on the same page as the President is bad enough as it is, if White House didn't have to clarify what Biden said, this would look less like a mistake saying that.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/biden-says-putin-cannot-remain-power-white-house-says-otherwise-rcna21702

Putin can make his own reality. He controls the media in Russia. I don’t think the ammo we provide outweighs the reverberations of the leader of the free world telling an evil person to take a seat.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Putin can make his own reality. He controls the media in Russia. I don’t think the ammo we provide outweighs the reverberations of the leader of the free world telling an evil person to take a seat.

Regime change is not "taking a seat", that's a different caliber of ammunition.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Who gives a ****? Time for us to stand up to the mini dick Hitler wanna be. I stand with Biden for him letting that assclown know we won't continue to back down and if you want a fight...guess what, we are ready. 

Giving Putin Ammo? Well **** me running sideways. Doesn't he already make up **** to have ammo? Tell you what, Biden has already done more to stand up to this prick than the orange turd ever did besides licking that Russian assclowns ass.

Putin doesn't need ammo. He will not stop until he has control of Ukraine or decide to start a WW3. Either way, Putin will flex his strength by firing nuclear weapons to let everyone know he ain't to be ****ed with. Make bo mistake, he'll do it just to prove a point regardless of whether or not it sets the world on fire. This is who he is. Get ready for it.

HTTR!

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

No it isn’t. Biden specifics said Putin must go. Not anyone else.

Semantics, if Putin leaves office, someone else has to run the country, that's a regime change. 

How was left open ended, White House had to clarify, because words have power, especially where they come from.  

8 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Semantics, if Putin leaves office, someone else has to run the country, that's a regime change. 

How was left open ended, White House had to clarify, because words have power, especially where they come from.  

It isn’t semantics. The people who have the most to loose by opting to replace Putin suddenly have a lot less to loose if all they have to do is find a different puppet.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Who gives a ****? Time for us to stand up to the mini dick Hitler wanna be. I stand with Biden for him letting that assclown know we won't continue to back down and if you want a fight...guess what, we are ready. 

Giving Putin Ammo? Well **** me running sideways. Doesn't he already make up **** to have ammo? Tell you what, Biden has already done more to stand up to this prick than the orange turd ever did besides licking that Russian assclowns ass.

Stop venting, it changes nothing.

Removing Putin from office is not the same as standing up to him, think first gulf War, not 2nd.

11 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Putin doesn't need ammo. He will not stop until he has control of Ukraine or decide to start a WW3. Either way, Putin will flex his strength by firing nuclear weapons to let everyone know he ain't to be ****ed with. Make bo mistake, he'll do it just to prove a point regardless of whether or not it sets the world on fire. This is who he is. Get ready for it.

HTTR!

Odds of Him succeeding in Ukraine before running out resources is dropping fast, and they haven't even got to the long-term occupancy insurgency part.  Putin using nukes and risking existence of Russia he's trying to restore, for what reason, is not a realistic assumption.

Putin is most likely to use nukes if someone invades Russia, I can saying him saying that's worth it.

17 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

It isn’t semantics. The people who have the most to loose by opting to replace Putin suddenly have a lot less to loose if all they have to do is find a different puppet.

How?

And you don't believe Putin is simply a replaceable puppet, do you?

Again, if nothing was wrong with what Biden said, why did White House come out so quickly to clarify what he said?

Just take the L on accepting this as an unforced error so we can move on already. 

Edited by Renegade7

25 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Admiring the notion that Russian propaganda needs “ammo”.

Bet it does sound funny to a country that has never been through a regime change forced down by another country before while repeatedly doing that to other countries.

It's such American Exceptionalism to have no respect that how other countries react when we say stuff like that may be different then us.  That doesn't even need propaganda.