Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Russian Invasion of Ukraine

PleaseBlitz

TikTok Blocks New Content in Russia Over ‘Fake News’ Law

TikTok announced Sunday it would halt new videos and live-streams from being uploaded in Russia after a new law effectively banned non-government information, though some messaging features would remain. “TikTok is an outlet for creativity and entertainment that can provide a source of relief and human connection during a time of war, when people are facing immense tragedy and isolation,” it said in a statement on Twitter. “In light of Russia’s new ‘fake news’ law, we have no choice but to suspend live-streaming and new content to our video service while we review the safety implications of this law.”

Click on the link for the full article

I wonder if the sanctions are helping or backfiring, by punishing primarily the young anti-Putin people and shoring up support for Putin among the older people of Russia. It seems like a lot of the young anti-war anti-Putin folks are losing the ability to make money, getting arrested, or fleeing the country.  I haven’t seen or heard of much anti-Putin movement from the people you need to turn on Putin.

8 minutes ago, visionary said:

I wonder if the sanctions are helping or backfiring, by punishing primarily the young anti-Putin people and shoring up support for Putin among the older people of Russia. It seems like a lot of the young anti-war anti-Putin folks are losing the ability to make money, getting arrested, or fleeing the country.  I haven’t seen or heard of much anti-Putin movement from the people you need to turn on Putin.

They’re getting arrested (protesting) or leaving. What else do you want them to do?

You want them to start a revolution? That’s the long game…. might need to give sanctions more time 🙂

If all that remains are Putin proponents, the people that enable him… then yeah, the sanctions are affecting the ones their intended for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, visionary said:

Does anyone actually believe Russia’s ceasefires at this point?  Also I take it they don’t control Mariupol then.

Good point and I dont think anyone believes anything from Russia at this point but the shills.  Any "peace talks" "ceasefires" "whatever" are just lies and buying time and opportunity from the foolish who believe it.  They will find it a great opportunity to start bombing once people congregate and then blame it on Ukranian military for breaking it.

26 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Good point and I dont think anyone believes anything from Russia at this point but the shills.  Any "peace talks" "ceasefires" "whatever" are just lies and buying time and opportunity from the foolish who believe it.  They will find it a great opportunity to start bombing once people congregate and then blame it on Ukranian military for breaking it.

Russias are so unlucky.

Each time they want to be nice and kind to allow civilians to flee with a ceasefire, the other side always breaks it and bomb their civilians with the equipment that the Russia destroyed at the beginning of the war...

• Haha 2