Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES (or E...C) 2022 Free Agency Thread Signed G Andrew Norwell, Obada, Trai Turner...Goodbye Scherff, Kyle Allen, Tim Settle

Riggo-toni

9 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Game vs Indy just added a few new herbs n spices. Nick Foles expected to sign w/ Indy

https://www.nfl.com/news/qb-nick-foles-expected-to-sign-with-colts-reunite-with-frank-reich

I honestly am not sure which is more appealing from a revenge angle, playing Ryan or Foles...

The guy who replaced you... or the guy who gave you the ring on your finger...

Dang good TV either way I guess.

Eh, I guess.  I'm not really sure the backup QB adds that much intrigue unless he's playing.  Which, I guess is a possibility, either if Ryan has hit the wall or gets injured.

Now THAT would add a little hot sauce to the matchup, if Foles was actually playing.

But Foles since the 2017 run of 6 or so games with the Eagles has been ACTIVELY bad.  Not just passively bad.  But ACTIVELY bad.  

So I'm not sure if it's really all that important.  

I also don't think Wentz would have anything really against Ryan. He was thrown out before Ryan was signed.  

It's all about Irsay and Ballard.  They have been the guys slandering him.  

If the Commanders win, Ron's going to give the game ball to Wentz, and THAT is going to make for some seriously good theater.  Personally, I'd set up an axe throwing thing in the locker room and let Wentz throw a couple axes at pictures of Ballard and Irsay's heads.

7 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

He stinks.

Nah, he was good depth for us.  It was weird that he was cut last year.

I think they would have some interest in him on the cheap because he knows the system and has played in the system, and would provide some depth they wouldn't have to worry about too much. 

I doubt it happens, but it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Also, if they signed him, no guarantee he makes the final 53.  But I could think of worse options to bring into camp.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, method man said:

At the very least he's a good guy to bring into camp to compete with Danny Johnson for a spot. If he doesn't make the active roster, he can sit on the practice squad

2 hours ago, philibusters said:

I thought he was an okay role player here.  Can play the slot corner and can play zone coverages.  Probably not a NFL starter, but he should have a place in the NFL.

I don't think Houston has the most competitive backfield and neither did we and he couldn't make it in those two spots.

No reason to waste another spot on him.

20 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I don't think Houston has the most competitive backfield and neither did we and he couldn't make it in those two spots.

No reason to waste another spot on him.

Don’t they have some open spots they need to fill anyway?  

Shrug.  I don’t really care.  But bringing in somebody who knows the scheme on a flier makes some sense. 

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Don’t they have some open spots they need to fill anyway?  

Shrug.  I don’t really care.  But bringing in somebody who knows the scheme on a flier makes some sense. 

Meh. Would rather take flyers on UDFA CBs.

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Meh. Would rather take flyers on UDFA CBs.

The issue is then you have to teach them everything.

With Moreland, he can come in and compete right away.  

In the end, neither are likely to make the team.

He actually played ok in 2020. And was kidof a surprise cut.

it’s also possible they know something we don’t, and they would rather take their clothes off and  dance the Tarentella on the Truman balcony than invite him back.  (Anybody who gets that obscure quote gets a bonus point.)

29 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The issue is then you have to teach them everything.

The issue with Moreland is you already taught him everything and then cut him. Zero upside or chance to make the team.

I don't care one way or another, really. Just seems pointless even though he was an ES favorite.

He stinks.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

We really are asleep on the job aren’t we. Bradberry would have been a #1 CB here. Teams don’t give a toss about future cap, the number is going to escalate beyond belief.

or the guy that drafted him and has shown a strong willingness to sign previous players decided to pass and he has good reason.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

or the guy that drafted him and has shown a strong willingness to sign previous players decided to pass and he has good reason.  

I’d be okay with that if that guy didn’t have a 14-19 record. So not sure how much faith we can have in his decision making so far.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dyst said:

I’d be okay with that if that guy didn’t have a 14-19 record. So not sure how much faith we can have in his decision making so far.

Numbers don't lie. Bradberry was awful last season. He wouldn't be the #1 CB here, I disagree with that. Second half of the season our DBs played well and will be even better with a year of continuity.

I think the Eagles are way over-hyped. Looking forward to Bradberry getting torched by our Receivers.

Eagles secondary is awful to mediocre at best. Bradberry fits with that mediocrity. If he was so good he would have signed for way more money.

Edited by Forever A Redskin

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Eh, I guess.  I'm not really sure the backup QB adds that much intrigue unless he's playing.  Which, I guess is a possibility, either if Ryan has hit the wall or gets injured.

Now THAT would add a little hot sauce to the matchup, if Foles was actually playing.

But Foles since the 2017 run of 6 or so games with the Eagles has been ACTIVELY bad.  Not just passively bad.  But ACTIVELY bad.  

So I'm not sure if it's really all that important.

I don’t think that’s accurate. He also played well down the stretch in 2018 when Wentz had his back issue, and led the team to the playoffs. In the finale against the Redskins he tied an NFL record with something like 23 consecutive completions. He led the comeback in the playoffs against the Bears. [Forget the double doink for a moment and recall his clutch go ahead drive with the clutch fourth down touchdown pass to Golden Tate.] 

Beyond that, well, maybe you’re right. I guess he flamed out in Jacksonville, and the Bears didn’t seem to want him to ever start, although I do recall him leading them to a last second victory last year.

10 hours ago, method man said:

At the very least he's a good guy to bring into camp to compete with Danny Johnson for a spot. If he doesn't make the active roster, he can sit on the practice squad

I think we like our UDFA DBs a lot and are content with letting the young guys duke it out. Our 7th rounder and Will Adams will both make this team. No need for Moreland. But if we get decimated by injury and he's still out there mid season, I guess it would be nice to know he's out there and available.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dyst said:

that’s a pretty silly statement when you factor in the **** show he inherited and through little of his own (injuries, Covid, etc) he had 6 Qbs and lost major contributors on both side of the ball and still won those 14 games with a PO birth.   

he is building a roster tee way they used to be built, steady and with purpose and establishing a foundation that is long lasting.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

that’s a pretty silly statement when you factor in the **** show he inherited and through little of his own (injuries, Covid, etc) he had 6 Qbs and lost major contributors on both side of the ball and still won those 14 games with a PO birth.   

he is building a roster tee way they used to be built, steady and with purpose and establishing a foundation that is long lasting.  

I know - but I am not going on the “what if’s”. Unfortunately I see a record that isn’t very good.

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

We really are asleep on the job aren’t we. Bradberry would have been a #1 CB here. Teams don’t give a toss about future cap, the number is going to escalate beyond belief.

I disagree.  I think they like Fuller and WJIII.

They’ve already got a lot tied up in rhe secondary.  And last year they totally broke the chemistry by bringing in too many guys and playing guys out of position.

I think they want to see Fuller, WJIII, St. Juste and Danny Johnson.  

They liked that combo last year.  But it didn’t have a chance to really settle, then players started to get hurt.  And playing Collins at safety and McCain who got here in June didn’t help.

Bradberry is ok.  But he’s not Deion.  I think the angst over Bradberry is completely over the top. 

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

Also remember they had a chance to go after him in 2020 and didn’t.  And he was just cut from the Giants.  

I mean, I get it, he’s good.  But he’s not Darrel Green.  And he might not fit here.  And I don’t think they want to bench either Fuller or wjiii. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dyst said:

That guy took over a 3-13 team with almost no talent except on the DL, A Bruce Allen culture and Dan Snyder as owner.  He also inherited an impossible QB situation, and his starting QB for the second season played 16 snaps, and he won 7 games with a backup.  THAT by itself is almost coach of the year worthy.  How many HCs have won 7 games with a backup? Belichick with (I think) Matt Cassell).  I guess Warner, Brady and Young were all backups that turned into HOF players.  But it’s a short list.  

I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt not bringing in a guy he’s really familiar with.  

Remember, he let Norman go snd he clearly knew something more than folks outside the organization did.  

I fret more about Bradberry going to the Eagles than I do about him not coming to the Commanders. Had he been picked up by a team not in the NFC East, I would have shrugged my shoulders and moved on. My hope is that the Eagles have a recurrence of their "dream team" complex that doomed them in 2012. Perhaps Hurts will be exposed as a so-so quarterback that can't get it done when it counts.

40 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I disagree.  I think they like Fuller and WJIII.

They’ve already got a lot tied up in rhe secondary.  And last year they totally broke the chemistry by bringing in too many guys and playing guys out of position.

I think they want to see Fuller, WJIII, St. Juste and Danny Johnson.  

They liked that combo last year.  But it didn’t have a chance to really settle, then players started to get hurt.  And playing Collins at safety and McCain who got here in June didn’t help.

Bradberry is ok.  But he’s not Deion.  I think the angst over Bradberry is completely over the top. 

Also remember they had a chance to go after him in 2020 and didn’t.  And he was just cut from the Giants.  

I mean, I get it, he’s good.  But he’s not Darrel Green.  And he might not fit here.  And I don’t think they want to bench either Fuller or wjiii. 

CB was touted in the draft and I’d wager we bring a vet in over the coming weeks. There isn’t really angst. Time will tell if Rivera is on the right path.

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

CB was touted in the draft and I’d wager we bring a vet in over the coming weeks. There isn’t really angst. Time will tell if Rivera is on the right path.

I’m sure they’ll add a body or two.  But I think they’re looking more for depth than for starters.  

The question is, are they right about fuller and WJIII, and to an extent St. Juste who they really liked last year?  If they are, they’re fine.  If they’re not, they’re screwed.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Remember, he let Norman go snd he clearly knew something more than folks outside the organization did.  

Norman played 10 snaps over his final 6 games before Ron got here and would have had a 12+ million cap hit. I think Ron has made harder choices choosing between sprinkles and jimmies. Norman was done.

11 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Norman played 10 snaps over his final 6 games before Ron got here and would have had a 12+ million cap hit. I think Ron has made harder choices choosing between sprinkles and jimmies. Norman was done.

I think he was referring to letting him go from Carolina. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Forever A Redskin said:

Numbers don't lie. Bradberry was awful last season. He wouldn't be the #1 CB here, I disagree with that. Second half of the season our DBs played well and will be even better with a year of continuity.

I think the Eagles are way over-hyped. Looking forward to Bradberry getting torched by our Receivers.

Eagles secondary is awful to mediocre at best. Bradberry fits with that mediocrity. If he was so good he would have signed for way more money.

Everything about the Giants was awful last season. An off year on a bad team, doesn't mean that a former probowler isn't worth $2 mil a year.

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m sure they’ll add a body or two.  But I think they’re looking more for depth than for starters.  

The question is, are they right about fuller and WJIII, and to an extent St. Juste who they really liked last year?  If they are, they’re fine.  If they’re not, they’re screwed

19 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I was talking about from Carolina.