Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Is there anyone here who thinks trading for Justin Fields is a good idea? Then trade down in the draft? I am not one of those people by the way, but I do think Fields has as much upside as say Daniels.

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Is there anyone here who thinks trading for Justin Fields is a good idea? Then trade down in the draft? I am not one of those people by the way, but I do think Fields has as much upside as say Daniels.

I floated this idea in the FA thread yesterday, and people were mean to me.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, abdcskins said:

After 3 seasons we all know who Justin Fields is. He is a player who can offer spectacular moments but he is far too inconsistent to be counted as a franchise QB.  Next you have an expiring contract and will be forced to pay big money for a QB who is not good enough to take you to the Super Bowl.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

4 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

I floated this idea in the FA thread yesterday, and people were mean to me.

rightfully so

acdccs.jpg.211a7ac1752c6b845da57087ed5eef18.jpg

Justin Fields is no longer a prospect. We have ample film on him as a player. He is a scratch-n-sniff that has already had a penny taken to it and the smell aint very good.

You don't look at him the same way as unproven guys who have yet to play. You look at him as a failed QB project that you'd hope you can make better thru reclamation.

On 3/5/2024 at 11:05 AM, samy316 said:

Dollars don't matter to guys like Cousins and Wilson.  Both have earned enough, and are straight as far as their finances go.  Cousins wants to win, and we're about the furthest team outside of that winning bubble.  If you're talking about a player who is just finishing up their rookie contract, and looking for their big payday, sure, but Cousins & Wilson are not in it for paydays.  They want to compete for SB's.

Cousins could easily go to a team like Atlanta, and make them a serious NFC contender with the weapons they have on offense and their young, improving defense.  He would rather take less to win with a team like Atlanta, then go to a dump like Washington, where we're at least a few years away from winning AND we've drafted a QB waiting in the wings.

....what were you saying about Captain Kirko?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I will never understand the hate Kirk gets, not just here but throughout the league.  Far more hate than comparable QBs such as Carr or Jimmy G. He maximized his position and leveraged that into a fortune, isn't that was America is all about?  

The post above wasn't anti-Kirk - I'm still a fan, and wish we hadn't been stupid about resigning him.  The point I was making was that he wasn't gonna go out and sign some sweetheart deal... he was gonna get a market price deal (which I don't begrudge)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dah-Dee said:

I guess it's possible we offered Brissett a repeat of the 1-year deal at $10M and he decided to take a little less to go 'home' - although he only played in 3 games for NE before getting traded to Indy. 

Just seems weird.

We let Brisset walk means to me we are going to draft Maye.

If we traded Howell it meant we were taking Daniels.

I said that very early in the process got ripped for it. 

It's what I would do and may not come true but...

If we trade Howell? 

8 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I will never understand the hate Kirk gets, not just here but throughout the league.  Far more hate than comparable QBs such as Carr or Jimmy G. He maximized his position and leveraged that into a fortune, isn't that was America is all about?  

People love being schills for billionaires 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

People love being schills for billionaires 

Meanwhile he has left 2 teams without a QB, after they paid for more than he was ever worth, the Falcons are next and he is all about the almighty dollar. 

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Meanwhile he has left 2 teams without a QB, after they paid for more than he was ever worth, the Falcons are next and he is all about the almighty dollar. 

So what? The teams are willing to pay that , he didn’t leave us we tripped all over ourselves with Kirk not surprising we are 6-7 years removed from him and still looking for a qb. Not to mention getting nothing for him was absolutely pathetic 

Edited by CjSuAvE22

53 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I have been on the Maye train all along. I much prefer a pocket passer because the team that wins the Super Bowl has a really good pocket passer nearly every time.

I have been watching Maye's full games, the first few I kept trying to convince myself that he could be like Ben Rothlisberger. But after watching 6-7 games now I just don't see anything that would make me believe he will be special. He does not escape traffic in the pocket nearly as well as the more athletic QBs, his footspeed does not allow him to turn the corner on defenders. His passing is good but nothing close to elite.

I think the odds are far better that he ends up somewhere between Blake Bortels and David Carr than he ends up as an elite QB. If you are going to take a swing take a big swing on a guy who could be great, and I no longer believe that is Drake Maye.

How does a guy with slow footspeed and inability to escape traffic in the pocket run for over 1200 yards and 16 TDs in 2 seasons?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

And when a player starts to suck or gets hurt or anything like that, the team will try their best to reduce his pay or outright get rid of him.

Eff loyalty. Get what you can get while you can get it.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

So what? The teams are willing to pay that , he didn’t leave us we tripped all over ourselves with Kirk not surprising we are 6-7 years removed from him and still looking for a qb. Not to mention getting nothing for him was absolutely pathetic 

So What ? Was I wrong? He was never staying here, just like he was never staying in Minn. $$$$$$$ It has nothing to do with what we got for him$$$$$

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

And when a player starts to suck or gets hurt or anything like that, the team will try their best to reduce his pay or outright get rid of him.

Eff loyalty. Get what you can get while you can get it.

Never said he was wrong for getting the money did I? Just stating what he is about$$$$$$$

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Kirk Cousins is a Falcon. Why are we talking about him in here?

He was a free agent QB that had other posts and I was reacting to one. Anything else you want to wine about?

Cousins was open to staying here, but we offered him a little more than bare minimum, it really doesn’t matter now but the amount of hate he gets is beyond me, before his injury year he was a durable accurate qb that most teams would want running their offense. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

He was a free agent QB that had other posts and I was reacting to one. Anything else you want to wine about?

He's no longer a free agent so he doesn't belong in here. And you're mistaking me trying to keep you from getting a talking to from a mod with whining.

30 minutes ago, mistertim said:

How does a guy with slow footspeed and inability to escape traffic in the pocket run for over 1200 yards and 16 TDs in 2 seasons?

Because when he has open field in front of him he can exploit that.  But when he runs east/west he does not have the speed to reach the edge.  I saw that so many times and it was very disappointing.  He also took sacked on plays where the more athletic QB escapes.  Saw that a lot too.  I never said he had slow footspeed, just far below the others. Watch 5-6 complete fame on YouTube and you will see that as well.

Edited by Darrell Green Fan

27 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Same way Howell did… 

played against ACC defenses. 

1 minute ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

Because when he has open field in front of him he can exploit that.  But when he runs east/west he does not have the speed to reach the edge.  I saw that so many times and it was very disappointing.  He also for sacked on plays where the more athletic QB escapes.  Saw that a lot too.  Watch 5-6 complete fame on YouTube and you will see that as well.

I watched many of his games and cutups. Which specific ones and which plays are you pointing to?

I have a question for people who watch more football than I do:

Let's say Daniels is compared to Justin Fields.  

Both are perceived to be dual-threat QBs.

What makes Daniels a better prospect than Fields?  I think Fields is bigger (weight wise by about 30 lbs).  My perception is Fields has a stronger arm.  Is that true?  Daniels might have more high-end speed and better acceleration.  

Thoughts? 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, skinsfan66 said:

Other than Tom Brady, who was in a unique situation, name me one professional athlete who didn't try to maximize their income in their short window of opportunity. He was just better at it than others.  For this he is hated for being smart? Not in my book.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He's no longer a free agent so he doesn't belong in here. And you're mistaking me trying to keep you from getting a talking to from a mod with whining.

10/4 I am done with the money man no more responses from me. Sorry to keep the talk a live.

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I watched many of his games and cutups. Which specific ones and which plays are you pointing to?

I saw it in many games, I believe South Carolina and Miami as those were the most recent.  His footspeed is "Good" but that's a big difference than the really mobile QBs. If he threw it like Dan Marino I would be fine with that mobility. But he doesn't.  He honestly looks more like Bust than Star, and I hate to say that because I was really big on him. 

23 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I have a question for people who watch more football than I do:

Let's say Daniels is compared to Justin Fields.  

Both are perceived to be dual-threat QBs.

What makes Daniels a better prospect than Fields?  I think Fields is bigger (weight wise by about 30 lbs).  My perception is Fields has a stronger arm.  Is that true?  Daniels might have more high-end speed and better acceleration.  

Thoughts? 

Field passing can be very erratic, there were times (mostly early in his career) where he didn't even looked like he belongs in the league.  He has gotten better but he is just too inconsistent. After Year 3 I think most players are who they are.  

35 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I won't discuss Kirk anymore but it's odd that we can talk about Justin Fields but not Kirk Cousins.  Another example of why I do not understand why he is so polarizing.