Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

14 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I could see if it Daniels falls. If he gets past the Pats then he could fall to around where Atlanta is picking and it would cost LV much less to leapfrog them and move from 13 to 7 than 13 to 1. 13 to 1 is just such a nutso trade for such a boom/bust prospect. That's like the Trey Lance trade on steroids.

Sure, the coaches know him and probably like him, but they still have to be quite aware of questions around his game as well. He's far from a generational Luck level prospect with almost no holes in his game.

I dont think they "probably" like him, I think they have intimate knowledge of his character and leadership. More so than any other scout or player evaluator currently going through this process attempting to grade all these players. 

I completely understand that you have him graded out a certain way, but are you willing to concede that the people who worked with him directly might have a different grade?

1 minute ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I feel like Rattler is too short. He is barely 6 feet

He's also apparently a bit of an immature, arrogant jackass. But who knows, maybe the transfer to SC has humbled him a bit?

4 minutes ago, illone said:

I dont think they "probably" like him, I think they have intimate knowledge of his character and leadership. More so than any other scout or player evaluator currently going through this process attempting to grade all these players. 

I completely understand that you have him graded out a certain way, but are you willing to concede that the people who worked with him directly might have a different grade?

IMO there's a big difference between having Daniels graded out higher than I (or some others) do and believing that he's worth three 1st round picks and probably two or three 2nd round picks.

Yes I'm sure they know his character, possibly love his leadership, etc. But I think you'd probably be hard pressed to find any scout who wouldn't admit that he's a big time boom/bust prospect.

Maybe they're willing to take that sort of enormous risk, who knows. But I think the Trey Lance trade still likely lingers in peoples' minds when it comes to those kinds of blockbuster trades for a low floor, high ceiling guy like that.

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He's also apparently a bit of an immature, arrogant jackass. But who knows, maybe the transfer to SC has humbled him a bit?

It seems so.

Spencer Rattler's Trials, Triumphs and Transformations

On and off the field, Rattler's growth in maturity became increasingly apparent. His interactions with teammates, conduct during high-pressure game situations, and response to adversity all pointed to a young man learning and evolving in real-time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ThatNFLChick said:

😂😂😂😂

It was more like, what can we get if they really want to trade up? I like Daniels but also want the best team possible and say if they love McCarthy entertaining them or seeing what they offer is not a bad idea

I am iffy on trading out of the top 10 but considering what the Panthers gave up to get Bryce, the Raiders also might be willing to offer a ton

We can ask for their 2025-2030 first picks and see how bad they really want Daniels.

15 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Damn, he has jayden daniels ranked as his 7th quarterback. 

That seems pretty low compared to national sentiment. 

I looked at his rankings for last year and they seem pretty spot on so far.

4 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Damn, he has jayden daniels ranked as his 7th quarterback. 

That seems pretty low compared to national sentiment. 

I looked at his rankings for last year and they seem pretty spot on so far.

Where do you see him at 7th?  I see Daniels 4th on his big board behind Maye, Williams and Nix: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-draft-big-board/ (sort by Ian C).

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Where do you see him at 7th?  I see Daniels 4th on his big board behind Maye, Williams and Nix: https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2024-nfl-draft-big-board/ (sort by Ian C).

It seems to change every time I look at it.

It's showing him as 3rd now behind maye and williams.Williams.

But he does have jayden ranked 24th overall and that seems kind of low also compared to most experts.

Edited by redskinss

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Where's the beef?

RPE-HSFOOTBALL-1223-03TP_27931841-1.jpg?w=645

I am literally going to post this image somewhere here every single day until the draft. Look CLOSELY at this picture. Plus the Daniels cult will lose their **** over it....

• Like 1

Everyone's rankings will be different. There is never a 100% consensus on QBs unless its like a 2011 class where its literally Cam Newton and a bunch of JAGs(and even then I bet there were some people who had like Jimmy Clausen above Cam lolol).

• Thumb up 1

@ThatNFLChick if we draft Maye, will you root for him?  If we draft Williams or Daniels, I will root for them.  I might not like the pick but I will root for their success and the success of this team.  Just a simple question.  Thanks in advance.  :) 

24 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I am literally going to post this image somewhere here every single day until the draft. Look CLOSELY at this picture. Plus the Daniels cult will lose their **** over it....

Great person, exceptional athlete, high IQ, successful player.  You have pointed out the biggest concern with Daniels.  I love him the player but this is my concern is that he will be injured due to body density, mass and weight he can't help.  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Great person, exceptional athlete, high IQ, successful player.  You have pointed out the biggest concern with Daniels.  I love him the player but this is my concern is that he will be injured due to body density, mass and weight he can't help.  

Good player, average arm and one hit away from a season ending injury. That is my grade. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Good player, average arm and one hit away from a season ending injury. That is my grade. 

Good arm and agree with the injury issues and I stand by my assessments as you do yours, clskinsfan.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RWJ said:

@ThatNFLChick if we draft Maye, will you root for him?  If we draft Williams or Daniels, I will root for them.  I might not like the pick but I will root for their success and the success of this team.  Just a simple question.  Thanks in advance.  :) 

I've already answered this. Yes. I didn't like Howell coming out of college but I rooted for him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2024 at 4:09 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I was basically saying the same thing.  I just framed the mistake as a good thing -- losing the battle to win the war becuase all these mishaps contributed to Dan selling.  Dan selling is the ultimate victory.

In the long run everything may look like a good thing, including --but not limited-- to my divorce.

5 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'm calling my shot now, which means I'm very likely wrong and the exact opposite is going to happen:

The Commanders are going to draft Drake Maye.

I know many others, including myself, have called their shot as well, but it's sporadicly posted throughout this thread and 2 or 3 others, without any real organization.

Should we put together some type of centralized "receipt zone" that way we can point and laugh at each other in 1,2,3 years from now?

😂

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing Daniels has/will put on weight before the combine and pro day to assuage scouts, but I'd be shocked if he was over 200lbs on game days this past season. He was listed on the LSU site as 210 but he looked closer to a buck eighty-five.

However, even if he weighed 240lbs the dude still seems to have no feel for how to protect himself and avoid huge hits. That and he just does dumb **** like try to hurdle entire defensive lines. I'm sure he can be taught to decrease the dumb stuff, but that "feel" for avoiding big hits seems to be something guys either have or they don't.

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm guessing Daniels has/will put on weight before the combine and pro day to assuage scouts, but I'd be shocked if he was over 200lbs on game days this past season. He was listed on the LSU site as 210 but he looked closer to a buck eighty-five.

However, even if he weighed 240lbs the dude still seems to have no feel for how to protect himself and avoid huge hits. That and he just does dumb **** like try to hurdle entire defensive lines. I'm sure he can be taught to decrease the dumb stuff, but that "feel" for avoiding big hits seems to be something guys either have or they don't.

He definitely needs to learn to slide to protect himself.  Something that ended RG3's career.