Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

26 minutes ago, Hooper said:

The blogger boys and guys on twitter have been higher on Maye than people who actually watch the game.

Can you give more specifics here? Who "actually watches the game"? Do sports writers not watch them? How do you know who does and doesn't actually watch?

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Hooper said:

The blogger boys and guys on twitter have been higher on Maye than people who actually watch the game.

image.gif.52d665f3268fc24fb556bb04a8782527.gif

Albert Breer shares what he's hearing about UNC QB Drake Maye. Breer says he reached out to several NFL executives and the universal response he received is that Maye is the third-best quarterback prospect of the last four drafts, behind only Trevor Lawrence and Caleb Williams.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, rumplestilskin said:

Would you do our # 2 for Arizona's # 4 plus Kyler and a second or a 2025 1st?

No, I think I’d take a chance with trading for Fields before Kyler

2 hours ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I feel like the 3 teams most likely to try to trade up are:

Falcons (8th pick)

Vikings (11th pick)

Raiders (13th pick)

Agree. The Vikes especially are in striking distance given the chatter about their intentions in the last draft.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont get why people propose these ludicrous trade offers that no team would ever make. Im fine with thinking about trading but at least be realistic and in the realm of logic and reason.

I don’t get why people compare QB prospect to Andrew Luck 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hooper said:

Gut tells me it won't be Maye. And it will be a pretty strong consensus once the league really breaks down the tape, talks with coaches. The blogger boys and guys on twitter have been higher on Maye than people who actually watch the game.  I saw Maye up close against Duke last year -- he was good and so was Riley Leonard -- but I think Daniels will the consensus number 2 after the teams really dig in.

Agree, whether people agree or not Daniels is almost guaranteed to end up QB2, the off grid ability will be too much to overlook. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Agree, whether people agree or not Daniels is almost guaranteed to end up QB2, the off grid ability will be too much to overlook. 

Yeah right..lol. Maye has prototype size, better arm and can make every NFL type throw and can run is somehow guaranteed to be drafted after Daniels?

27 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Well I’m confident it’ll happen. More specifically he’ll move above Maye.

I'm not quite there.

I'm somewhere around its a conversation that is absolutely mandatory and I would not be surprised to see it happen.

I think the biggest factor for me would still be what kind of O you wanna run and what kind of major QBs have the front office and coaches worked w/ previously.

• Like 1

Lot could happen, that's for sure. There were "experts" that were saying Levis would go top ten, for example. The process is just beginning. Think having a pretty good young backup option in Howell is a great thing. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I dont get why people propose these ludicrous trade offers that no team would ever make. Im fine with thinking about trading but at least be realistic and in the realm of logic and reason.

I will be shocked if we trade the pick. I mean I guess Johnson and Peters could possibly think they can win a Super Bowl with Howell and build around him. But the odds of having the second pick again anytime soon are pretty low. The one wildcard to me is if they go that route you will end up with MHJ. Who is a truly elite WR prospect. I think they will take a QB. Just no idea which one. And I will be excited with whichever one of the three they decide on. 

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Woah. That is interesting as hell. Caleb is back in the game for us. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Right, that was what I was asking. You willing to bet on that?

A paid trip to the UK v a trip to the US ? :rofl89:

What’s your offer ?

1 hour ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Please let us get to #1 for Williams…..

11 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

With his contract? No frikin way. 

I agree that his contact is the issue for sure and would warrant the compensation I outlined.  If it came with the ability to also aquire or leverage MHJ for more draft booty it may be worth it. Just saying. That being said I think Peters will draft a QB at 2 rather than trade out and build this thing the traditional way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, lazy comparison time

Caleb- Mahomes

Maye- Herbert/Luck

Daniels- RG3/ Lamar

I'd roll with Maye. Dudes got perfect size, can make every throw and is know to be a fast processor and hard worker. I'm sold.

And the youngest of the three. He legitimately could end up putting on 10 more pounds and be Big ben/Josh Allen size which is a bonus.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

29 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

A paid trip to the UK v a trip to the US ? :rofl89:

What’s your offer ?

Please let us get to #1 for Williams…..

Oh you're jumping right into the deep end, eh? I was thinking more like a sig bet.  :ols:

And I'd love to be able to get Williams but I still think the Bears will take him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bh32 said:

Yeah right..lol. Maye has prototype size, better arm and can make every NFL type throw and can run is somehow guaranteed to be drafted after Daniels?

Maye is also two years younger than Daniels.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Oh you're jumping right into the deep end, eh? I was thinking more like a sig bet.  :ols:

And I'd love to be able to get Williams but I still think the Bears will take him. 

I’m pretty sure I’ve always had sig’s switched off anyway 😂 

Yep smart money is definitely on the Bears taking Williams. Despite my QB preferences, I’m happy to back whatever the new FO go with. We are in a great position.