Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not entirely sure what this is, but it’s intoxicating

The only thing that would make it better is if he programmed it to assign a unique color to every single QB on the graph. And then made the whole thing blink rapidly. 

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’m not entirely sure what this is, but it’s intoxicating

So this is a scatterplot. the Y axis is the number of sacks and the X axis is the sack yards. I need to label this stuff. But you can see things like people near the top left are people who are more avoidant of sacks. People near the bottom left are the opposite. 

Its clustered right now because I put so many on there I can do another with fewer QBs to see how it comes out. But that was kinda to see where people came up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The only thing that would make it better is if he programmed it to assign a unique color to every single QB on the graph. And then made the whole thing blink rapidly. 

Then he'd have to put a warning label on it. 

How the hell anyone sees Maye above Daniels, in the modern NFL world, is beyond me. But to be fair, I’m no ‘expert’. However, simply ‘how it looks to the naked eye test’…erm yep its Daniels straight after Williams….

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

No question Daniels was a better college QB last season than Maye; it’s not debatable. There is a reason he won the Heisman.

The team should get a good idea about which QB fits their scheme from combine interviews, watching them throw, private workouts,etc. 

Pro projection is real though, and we aren’t just looking for the best college football player. 

Hopefully GMAP and the new HC can get on the same page as far as which QB to take and maximize their talents by designing an offense for them.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

How the hell anyone sees Maye above Daniels, in the modern NFL world, is beyond me. But to be fair, I’m no ‘expert’. However, simply ‘how it looks to the naked eye test’…erm yep its Daniels straight after Williams….

How? Watch some tape thats how. 

• Thumb down 2

Just now, clskinsfan said:

Honestly, I have and I don’t see it. If we were picking 10-15 I would not have a disagreement, but we are picking #2. Jesus that pick is gold dust. I’m not seeing Maye as gold dust. Just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

People will have differing opinions but nobody can say anything definitely. We've had Kiper, Paulsen, Bullock, Waldman and Neuman all say they watched Maye's tape and aren't high on him at all. 

We all know it will be more than just tape... interviews, combine, pro days, what their former coaches have to say about their preparation, leadership, etc will all factor in. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

People will have differing opinions but nobody can say anything definitely. We've had Kiper, Paulsen, Bullock, Waldman and Neuman all say they watched Maye's tape and aren't high on him at all. 

We all know it will be more than just tape... interviews, combine, pro days, what their former coaches have to say about their preparation, leadership, etc will all factor in. 

Who’s your top 3 and where would you pick them, ideally, based on draft position?

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Who’s your top 3 and where would you pick them, ideally, based on draft position?

I have the usual top 3:

Williams

Daniels

Maye

And I kind of expect them to go 1, 2 and 3 unless someone offers a haul which is totally possible 

• Thanks 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Agreed. I also believe that recency bias plays a factor as well. We see it every few years in the draft. A type/style of player does well and then teams, the media, and scout types push them up boards. For instance, Daniels reminds some of Lamar and Hurts. While Maye gives off Trevor Lawrence and Herbert vibes. Not to say that due diligence isn’t done on these players, but I think that’s what some hope they’re getting 

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Honestly, I have and I don’t see it. If we were picking 10-15 I would not have a disagreement, but we are picking #2. Jesus that pick is gold dust. I’m not seeing Maye as gold dust. Just my opinion.

Maye makes NFL level tight window throws that Daniels is not physically capable of making. And yes Daniels is the better athlete. But Maye is no slouch in that regard either. 

2 minutes ago, mh86 said:

Agreed. I also believe that recency bias plays a factor as well. We see it every few years in the draft. A type/style of player does well and then teams, the media, and scout types push them up boards. For instance, Daniels reminds some of Lamar and Hurts. While Maye gives off Trevor Lawrence and Herbert vibes. Not to say that due diligence isn’t done on these players, but I think that’s what some hope they’re getting 

For sure. If Lamar wins it all and plays lights out (after winning yet another MVP) teams will be more open to picking a true dual threat QB. 

I don't think players should be graded by comps but its silly to think they don't consider them. Half the reason Caleb is so highly regarded is his potential to be like Mahomes (if he can reach his full potential that is)

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

Maye makes NFL level tight window throws that Daniels is not physically capable of making. And yes Daniels is the better athlete. But Maye is no slouch in that regard either. 

I’ll personally ride with whoever we go with.

But Harris comes in, Peters - GM #1 target….Johnson, impending #1 HC target….maybe…I don’t now, we’re not dicking about here are we, Maye feels a really good, safe pick….but…safe, Harris doesn't feel like a safe owner to me…

all dude respect intended :cheers:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

Are the axes labeled right? Or is the number of sacks normalized to something? The number of sacks should probably be between 0-50 or so, not 0-350 right? Is the Y axis actually sack yards lost?

Yeah, I probably need to switch them.

And I'm probably going to focus only on major QBs here.