Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

2 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

You're screwed no matter what

Play Wentz and he sucks? Well you shouldn't have dealt for him in the first place. He produces? Goddammit why did we waste games with Heinicke? Are we stuck paying him next year?

Play Howell and he sucks? He wasn't ready and you ruined him. He doesn't and (see above)

Play Heinicke and he sucks

well. We have a dip**** owner and a fan base that finds a reason to be irate over basically anything. 

so, from a job security perspective I agree. 

but a good coach who’s comfortable with where they are can see the need to roll the dice with wentz. If he still sucks then we’re exactly where we were. If he’s miraculously better than suddenly we’re a competitor. 

isn’t his nick name riverboat Ron? Show some ****ing balls and a firm understanding of the situation.  

either start went or force turner to take the training wheels off and let Taylor sling it around and see what happens. 

desperately fighting to find a way to win when you can’t score 20 or more is loserville. 

the fans are gonna **** either way and majority of them are totally clueless anyways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The defense was nowhere good enough against an awful offense.  Not even close.   They did nothing to help the offense.  No sacks, no turnovers.  Didn't flip field position once.

That was a good performance against the Chiefs, not the Giantrs.

The Defense basically gave up ten points. Heiney gave them the other ten.

The QB is supposed to help the Offense, not the opposition, which was what Heiney did last night. 

Edited by ntotoro

The defense was nowhere good enough against an awful offense.  Not even close.   They did nothing to help the offense.  No sacks, no turnovers.  Didn't flip field position once.

The Giants are averaging 20.4 points per game. The D allowed 13.

The Commanders are scoring 19.4 points per game. We scored 12. The O also allowed 7.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

7 minutes ago, tshile said:

Two fumbles one for a td. 

Thats #1 and he’s the one that fumbled. So…

I mean...Leno getting beat immediately didn't help the situation.   Empty set on 2nd and 18 from your own 10?   not helpful either.

Having said that, I'd like to see the all 22 and see if there was anyone open right away.

5 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Your expectation of the defense is delusional. 

Holding the chiefs to 13 points is good?

What the Vikings and colts defenses did this weekend was dreadful and I'd remind you the colts defense scored twice and had like 6 sacks.

13 points against any team is good, that's the desired result not stats!

Edited by redskinss
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

Your expectation of the defense is delusional. 

Holding the chiefs to 13 points is good?

What the Vikings and colts defenses did this weekend was dreadful and I'd remind you the colts defense scored twice and like 6 sacks.

13 points against any team is good, that's the desired result not stats!

Isn't the Defense supposed to win the game for Heiney... ?

21 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

The irony is that drive was probably the best pure passing drive of Heinikes career. The rest of the game he straight our stunk. 

Good point. You know what. I do not understand the lack of balance with Turner or recognizing what does work with a guy like Heinike.  So, the maddening part for me as a fan, is sitting there going, alright that worked well. It wasn't what I was expected, but hey you might be on to something here. Do more of that. Do that again. But he never does. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The Giants are averaging 20.4 points per game. The D allowed 13.

The Commanders are scoring 19.4 points per game. We scored 12. The O also allowed 7.

No sacks.  No turnovers.  You can give up 13 or 20 if you're flipping field position for the offense.   otherwise it's a mediocre performance at best.

• Like 1

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

No sacks.  No turnovers.  You can give up 13 or 20 if you're flipping field position for the offense.   otherwise it's a mediocre performance at best.

Ironically, it was the two Heiney turnovers that lost the game. I know you find zero fault with him, though.

The Defense is basically responsible for one bad drive. If you give up 10-13 points in a game, you're going above and beyond what is expected from an NFL Defense, in terms of holding teams.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The only reasons folks are railing on the defense is because of the expectation that they should dominate every opponent, force turnovers, and flip field position regularly.  This expectation is only there because it’s how we’ve won even though these folks are the ones telling us it’s because the guys play for Heinicke of whom is cerebral and crafty in the pocket and doesn’t take sacks.  🤔

• Like 2

The defense didn't make big plays. But they are not more to blame than Heinicke. Seriously, this is borderline wild.

• Like 1

If you were standing in front of Allen and Payne right now saying that to their faces I'd pray for your soul that you were a really fast runner.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Isn't the Defense supposed to win the game for Heiney... ?

our defense is supposed to win the game for whoever is playing QB.  That's what being a team with a better defense than offense means, and you're supposed to step up to give the offense what they need. 

17 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not saying TH is blameless, but no way is he the #1, 2 or 3 reason we lost.  

He is absolutely the #1 reason we lost. He was stripped of the ball, as deep as you can be in Giants territory, which resulted in a score. He fumbled the ball in the RZ resulting in a lost scoring opportunity.  Ball security is key. The main takeaway from the game were the squandered opportunities.

• Like 1

Just now, MrJL said:

our defense is supposed to win the game for whoever is playing QB.  That's what being a team with a better defense than offense means, and you're supposed to step up to give the offense what they need. 

Hard to do that when you're starting QB hands the opposition literally half of their points. The D gave up one bad drive all-game.

2 minutes ago, skinsmania123 said:

He is absolutely the #1 reason we lost. He was stripped of the ball, as deep as you can be in Giants territory, which resulted in a score. He fumbled the ball in the RZ resulting in a lost scoring opportunity.  Ball security is key. The main takeaway from the game were the squandered opportunities.

Yes.  Ball Security is key.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3