Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

At least you admit there was a bad snap.   Any other "turnover worthy" plays?   

How about the two fumbles that cost us the game?

Yes, the OL and Turner deserve blame there as well.

I can't believe you believe your own schtick at this point. It's a complete troll job. 

12 hours ago, mistertim said:

So basically you know that you wouldn't bench him and hence your logic of W-L is all that matters isn't internally consistent and hence nonsensical, so instead you try to wiggle your way out of it with semantics.

No.

Dude lost vs NYG. Again though, the Oline was non existent during passing downs. 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

How about the two fumbles that cost us the game?

Yes, the OL and Turner deserve blame there as well.

I can't believe you believe your own schtick at this point. It's a complete troll job. 

I'm not sure what "schtick" you're referring to?    I've said plenty of times that TH is limited and far from perfect, etc..   But the over the top criticism of him is ridiculous when the top two culprits for this offensive failure is Scott Turner and the pass protection.

• Thumb down 1

I'm not sure what "schtick" you're referring to?    I've said plenty of times that TH is limited and far from perfect, etc..   But the over the top criticism of him is ridiculous when the top two culprits for this offensive failure is Scott Turner and the pass protection.

There is nothing over the top about blaming Heinicke for the mistakes HE made.

And no worries, I've been criticizing the OL all season, even when Wentz was the QB. And Turner was awful last night. 

Just because they've all been bad doesn't exonerate Heinicke.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

There is nothing over the top about blaming Heinicke for the mistakes HE made.

And no worries, I've been criticizing the OL all season, even when Wentz was the QB. And Turner was awful last night. 

Just because they've all been bad doesn't exonerate Heinicke.

Every QB makes mistakes.   The three big mistakes TH made were accompanied by other factors....bad snap on the near INT, bad pass pro on the fumbles.

It's fine to criticize TH, but I get the sense that majority of folks are putting the most blame on him.  That's looney tunes to me.   

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Every QB makes mistakes.   The three big mistakes TH made were accompanied by other factors....bad snap on the near INT, bad pass pro on the fumbles.

It's fine to criticize TH, but I get the sense that majority of folks are putting the most blame on him.  That's looney tunes to me.   

Not every QB is as limited as Heinicke. So the mistakes aren't as deflating.

Your defense of him is strange.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

The guy was god awful except for one drive, like pretty much every game he plays.  Beyond the obvious, he missed a bunch of the quick stuff everyone is saying wasn’t there.  Take the blinders off.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

So you're saying even his mistakes aren't his fault LOL! He gave the Giants 10 points last night, seven of those literal. He had one good drive all night and, as you can see in this thread, he's missing guys all over the place. He has a weak arm and can't see over the line. It's like RG3. Once the league figured him out, he was done. He tries with what he has, but he is not a consistent NFL starter except that this team has no one else.

The giants gave up 50 last week... 50... NO NFL Offense is so bad that it can't even get 14. He has had multiple chances in the last three games to put teams down and just can't do it. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Nobody is surprised, vindicated maybe but certainly not surprised. 

I don't want heinicke to fail and I'm not happy about last night because he did.

I went to bed upset just like every other person on here but I'm tired of being pissed on an being told it's rain.

if you’re pissed off then your expectations and read on this team is off. Until we have a qb that can live in the top 15 stats wise week after week, this is who we are and who we’ve been. 

living and dying on whether we make the playoffs this year, when we’ll get our doors blown off if we do, is a waste of energy. And that was known all season long. 

my suggestion is enjoy late season meaningful football. And look forward to hopefully a new owner after the season. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Not every QB is as limited as Heinicke. So the mistakes aren't as deflating.

Your defense of him is strange.

My defense of him is fair.  He is what he is...a solid QB that can make plays and has great intangibles.   He will not overcome consistently poor pass pro and a clueless O-Coordinator.

• Thumb down 1

My defense of him is fair.  He is what he is...a solid QB that can make plays and has great intangibles.   He will not overcome consistently poor pass pro and a clueless O-Coordinator.

He is not a solid QB. 

• Like 5

He's not a solid NFL starter. 

He has a weaker arm and cannot see over the line. That's not a solid starter anywhere.

1 minute ago, tshile said:

if you’re pissed off then your expectations and read on this team is off.

Speaking for myself, I can no longer get throw my hat off and wake the whole family up mad when this team craps the bed in meaningful prime time games.

To be fair, what happened is pretty much what I expected. But when the Giants O scores 13 points, and their D gave up 50 last week and we lose 20-12, it’s hard not to be pissed off at what could have been.  I’ve never been under the illusion this is a team destined to make noise in the playoffs, but with such an easy route it sure would be nice to take what’s basically given to us.

But worse than losing are folks that continue to tell us the sewage raining down on our backs is actually rain.

15 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is from an ex-NFL scout.  I disagree that its the best.  But its good.  The RBs are clearly good.

All hands on deck in the off season for O line, QB.  And probably TE.

IMO we’re a solid QB (lives in top half of the league stats wise week in, week out) and an upgrade (or two… lol) at o-line away from being potentially elite in the conference. 

of course the problem is it’s a week to week league and they can’t just do those things. They need to find a way to deal with contracts and not lose key people, or have a replacement ready 

and as always in-game coaching decisions and play calling still matters 

but I think this is the best situation this team has been in under snyder. We’re in a great spot to draft a young QB and let him play because a great defense and running game allows you to protect him for several weeks and hope he grows into it and can be depended on by mid season 

not sure we’ve had that under snyder, ever. Every qb seems like they’re thrown to the wolves and we hope their talent over rides the teams deficiencies. 

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

That was fun while it lasted. Refs obviously screwed us too but maybe put Wentz back in? Only issue is 49ers D might eat him alive. 

That's the problem, do we feed wentz to that beast?

I'm not sure it'll matter who we start and it's almost unfair to Wentz to make him come back against the best defense in the league. 

I still can't shake the feeling that we may at least be a little better off with Wentz if he gets more time to get comfortable with his teammates and this offense.

But he might get killed too.

One things for sure the narrative will quickly switch from horrible offensive line to o.m.g.what a statue in the pocket!!!

• Like 1