Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That Cult or Hive or .......Pack? is gonna be awful.

It would only be awful in context of what he is being argued against.

It would be nice to have something at QB to attach some hope to.

TH can not run an NFL playbook

I hated the Wentz deal from day 1. He is a starting QB, but he is below average.

I get the odds are insanely stacked that we have anything more than a good backup in Howell, but he at least has the ability to outpace the potential of TH(None) and the play of Wentz behind a bad Oline.

If Howell gives people some reason to rally behind him on the field, the argument would be against him, a known nothing burger and a dude who had to either get injured or come up short to give him the oppo to play. Until we either bring in some new blood or contract situations change, I don't think it will be quite as insufferable as the current QB climate.

7 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

It would only be awful in context of what he is being argued against.

It would be nice to have something at QB to attach some hope to.

TH can not run an NFL playbook

I hated the Wentz deal from day 1. He is a starting QB, but he is below average.

I get the odds are insanely stacked that we have anything more than a good backup in Howell, but he at least has the ability to outpace the potential of TH(None) and the play of Wentz behind a bad Oline.

If Howell gives people some reason to rally behind him on the field, the argument would be against him, a known nothing burger and a dude who had to either get injured or come up short to give him the oppo to play. Until we either bring in some new blood or contract situations change, I don't think it will be quite as insufferable as the current QB climate.

God damn it..........and so it begins. 

What have I done  :(

• Haha 1

Howell is Colt McCoy with ++tools. Aka he’s a Baker Mayfield without the annoying ego who hasn’t failed yet. And that’s plenty to get excited about in a lost season and in a long-term backup who, with a miracle, could grow into more. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

For what it's worth (which is absolutely zero lol), I play mobile Madden reflecting the changes made on the team. So I benched Wentz and started Heinicke. The difference was noticeable, but I did win. But after last week's game I said "**** it" and started Howell. Just to see if there would also be a noticeable difference.

Howell's first two throws were for TDs of 75+ yards.

I thought about videotaping those throws and sending it to Rivera with a note that read: "Just sayin' " lol...

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

For what it's worth (which is absolutely zero lol), I play mobile Madden reflecting the changes made on the team. So I benched Wentz and started Heinicke. The difference was noticeable, but I did win. But after last week's game I said "**** it" and started Howell. Just to see if there would also be a noticeable difference.

Howell's first two throws were for TDs of 75+ yards.

I thought about videotaping those throws and sending it to Rivera with a note that read: "Just sayin' " lol...

Sam "Championship Man" Howell

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

16 hours ago, BigDibbs31 said:

Wait, what? LOL. UNC had a ton of weapons while Howell was at UNC and they underperformed. I'd much rather tank and go after Drake Maye when he is eligible. 

I'm not expecting Howell to be awesome or anything, but I haven't heard anything of Howell underperforming. Last I heard, he had weapons his 2nd to last year and did fine, and he was left with a bear cupboard for his final year and only had a marginal drop off. Plus he doubled his running TDs from 5 to 11.

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I'm not expecting Howell to be awesome or anything, but I haven't heard anything of Howell underperforming. Last I heard, he had weapons his 2nd to last year and did fine, and he was left with a bear cupboard for his final year and only had a marginal drop off. Plus he doubled his running TDs from 5 to 11.

I guess they more underperformed as a team while he was there. At least I watched him get crushed by a very bad VT team last year. I wouldn't say he was left with a bear cupboard for his last year. UNC has been recruiting extremely well under Mack Brown and those same players this year are looking pretty good. But I do think Drake Maye is a much better player. 

Posted some of this elsewhere.  Listening to Cooley just now on a podcast.  And I'd say if anything he's on the cynical side of things about this team in recent years.

He thinks this roster is loaded, 11-12 win team if they can figure out QB, and presume boost the O line.  He's very impressed with the defense and likes the playmakers on offense.

He doesn't think Wentz or Heinicke is the guy.  He seems down on both.    Boy has he crashed on Wentz he used to love him when he was on the Eagles.  Now, Cooley isn't even in to benching Heinicke for Wentz. 

Derek Carr is someone I like more than most, CJ Stroud is one I like less than most.  Enough said -- just kidding.  :ols:

Aside from giving @wit33a heart attack, I am intrigued but only if they can get the Raiders to eat some of that contract the way the Falcons did with the Colts for Ryan.  If they can't do that, then I go no interest at that.

Raiders clearly having a down season.  Carr though ranked 10th in QBR.  I haven't watched the Raiders at all this season so maybe there is some decline in Carr's play, don't know, but i liked what i saw last year but I'll watch the afternoon game now -- I think he's out though some playmakers for todays game against the Colts. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You can’t convince me that the Raiders falling off a cliff doesn’t have a ton more to do with whatever McDaniels is doing and much less about Carr.

I am watching the game and Carr looks fine. With him being 10th in QBR this season I am gathering Carr isn’t the issue but their defense which is ranked near the bottom is the issue but I’ll grant I haven’t watched a lot of Carr this season.

On another note, I know it’s meant in fun the tweet below but as Keim said in a recent podcast they did talk to the Vikings about trading for Kirk.

Could you imagine the band of people on this board of Kirk haters (me not one of them) dealing with that? 😀

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Matt Ryan looking decent today so far too though might be because of the Raiders wretched defense 

Wait, Matt Ryan is starting again? Must’ve just been Frank Reichs decision to bench him the rest of the year regardless of the injury, and then him getting fired changed that plan 

I've cooled on Derek Carr a bit, but I've got to admit, if the Raiders continue to flop this season, you can't get a better time to buy low for Carr.

16 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wait, Matt Ryan is starting again? Must’ve just been Frank Reichs decision to bench him the rest of the year regardless of the injury, and then him getting fired changed that plan 

Bill Cowher implied at the halftime show that benching Ryan was Irsay's choice, and that there'd be questions why Irsay put Ryan on the shelf until he fired his head coach and appointed his golfing caddy. It's wild for me to believe that Reich would bench his best shot at winning without a death wish or the owner's guarantees. But I can't imagine that owner trying to sabotage his season with a third stringer just so that he could appoint his caddy and try to win after throwing 2 games away,

Indy is too hard to fathom.

Edited by NickyJ

45 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Carr has been a good-to-great QB for a while now and has not been a part of a complete team for us to truly know his ceiling.

If you can get your hands on him for a discount it would be an absolute steal.

I can't imagine it would be cheap however.

watching todays game he looks to be same old same old Carr in a good way. I gather considering he’s top 10 in QBR, he’s not having that much of a down year.

I wanted him way above Carson this off season. I was OK with Carson even though I thought they overpaid for him once other opportunities were exhausted.

Keim said they poked around on Carr a bunch in the off season but the Raiders weren’t dealing him.

Id want the Raiders to eat some of his contract for me to be interested but yeah I think he’s distinctly better than Wentz. Thought so before and think so now. 

Carr to me suffers from some fans the same thing that’s Kirk does which is some hate him for being good but not great 

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Yep. Really good game between the Raiders and Colts. Am surprised,