Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

I am all for going to Howell once the team is mathematically eliminated from contention, but doing that now, behind this O-line, is just setting them up to fail, not to mention as a rookie Howell is going to probably make bad plays too, just how it goes.  He will probably also look exciting at times due to his mobility and arm, but I don't want him out there just running for his life either.  A QB's mobility should be a weapon & asset, not a necessity.  For a rookie to need to use their mobility as a necessity due to a poor O-line is a disaster waiting to happen.

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

You just wrote a book and I have no idea what you are talking about. What do you mean waste posts? Who the heck are these "wentz heads"?  

Like the bulk of your posting, this is a clear testimonial to your general cluelessness and to why es is not the place for you. 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

Like the bulk of your posting, this is a clear testimonial to your general cluelessness and to why es is not the place for you. 🙂

Yes please bless me with all your football knowledge. Legend in your own mind. Carson, TH, Ron, Dan your going no where anyway. Staff throwing their weight around acting like they are important pretty much somes up this team.

Edited by TChaler70
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb down 1

59 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I checked in last night because the Eagles game was pretty awesome. Both teams are good and the Cards could have won it if they didn't make 3 huge mistakes at the end, including a time of possession mistake and a dropped pick, ala us. Just goes to show, some teams are underprepared and incompetent and the football never ever bounces their way and some teams are winners and winners get to do what they want. That's just a fact. Ricky 3:14 or some ****. 

:ols:  :ols:  :ols:

I watched most of it, I was crushed when the Cards missed the 43 yard field goal at the end. 

• Like 1

Just now, TChaler70 said:

(1) Yes please bless me with all your football knowledge.

(2) Legend in your own mind.

(3) Carson, TH, Ron, Dan your going no where anyway.

1. I have tried. You can lead a certain type of message board warrior to water but he's likely to drown in it.

2. I take it you missed the statue of me in the lobby.

3. We agree on this 🙂 other than the spelling of "you're" and the fact that you leave yourself out by not saying "we're", which supports the speculation held by more than one mod that you're mainly here to troll as much as  anything.🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

I am all for going to Howell once the team is mathematically eliminated from contention, but doing that now, behind this O-line, is just setting them up to fail, not to mention as a rookie Howell is going to probably make bad plays too, just how it goes.  He will probably also look exciting at times due to his mobility and arm, but I don't want him out there just running for his life either.  A QB's mobility should be a weapon & asset, not a necessity.  For a rookie to need to use their mobility as a necessity due to a poor O-line is a disaster waiting to happen.

I think we got to see where we are at week nine or ten. Maybe it gets better maybe it does not. Would give us plenty of time to make sure Wentz has not played his 70 precent so we would keep are second round pick.

Edited by Redskins 2021

57 minutes ago, Carsonfanforlife said:

Carson has to make a better decision on that last play, gotta throw it away and hope for a better option on 4th down. Other than that int I thought he played pretty good given all the issues with the snaps and penalties. I don't think Turner's doing him any favors with some of the calls. Carson's still plenty mobile enough to roll him out and give him a run option. 

They gotta get the penalties and awful snaps cleaned up, it's 5 games in they should have that stuff fixed by now! 

I accept this self-published evidence that there is at least one guy kinda close to being a fanboy but his actual posting is pretty reasonable stuff and for the way the heinie heads have been using the term it's not redemptive.

There would need to be a wentz-centric equivalent to the hive-rs themselves for it to be other than a strawman troll.🙂

4 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

1. I have tried. You can lead a certain type of message board warrior to water but he's likely to drown in it.

2. I take it you missed the statue of me in the lobby.

3. We agree on this 🙂 other than the spelling of "you're" and the fact that you leave yourself out by not saying "we're", which supports the speculation held by more than one mod that you're mainly here to troll as much as  anything.🙂

I am not here to troll, just a fan. I will change the subject.

Edited by TChaler70

59 minutes ago, Carsonfanforlife said:

I don't think Turner's doing him any favors with some of the calls. Carson's still plenty mobile enough to roll him out and give him a run option. 

They gotta get the penalties and awful snaps cleaned up, it's 5 games in they should have that stuff fixed by now! 

Signs were there in preseason, and hoped that what I saw wasn't what I saw. No progress from this coaching staff at all, over a three year time span. None! Kudos to Tepper for undoing his initial lunacy. Problem with us is that getting rid of RR won't change much; same moron is gonna decide on the replacement.

Edited by skinzplay
  • Like 1

I think you've seen in the Jags,2nd half against the Lions and yesterday that when there is decent pass protection, Wentz can make big time throws down the field.

The problem with the pass protection is a combo of poor o-line play and scheme.  You can somewhat cover up flawed o-line with scheme and play calling.

Wentz is way down the list of issues, but he can't play beyond game 11 if we're 4-7 or worse.  need to protect the 2nd round pick.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, TChaler70 said:

I will change the subject.

I like science, Marvel, high end audio, outdoors stuff, and sacrificing small reptiles to the gods in rituals focused on the removal of dan. But that would all be off topic. 😐

• Haha 4

Well Ron ( see post above) you wonderful man but incompetent head coach, why did you end up with TH and wentz as your number 1 and 2 qbs after several years of tenure?  

Full disclosure, I already know the answer with my vast football wisdom.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

I like science, Marvel, high end audio, outdoors stuff, and sacrificing small reptiles to the gods in rituals focused on the removal of dan. But that would all be off topic. 😐

Well fans on this team can always agree on Dan. We can dream!

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Lmaoooo what a stupid coach. “It’s not easy to win” oh, really? Tell that to Brian Daboll, Kevin O’Connell……it is indeed easy to win. 

When asked what changed, he pointed to the o line and QB

-OHHH, the offensive line that has TWO former panthers players, that YOU signed? The QB that you were trying to get, to help us win more games? Yeah, sooooo sorry to hear about these changes 🙄 

• Like 2

Oh boy, Rons now throwing more people including his chosen QB under the bus.  You hand picked your QB, dont say the reason the other teams are better is just because of their QBs.  

Also, that goes to show you one of the reasons why Ron is a bad coach.  He doesnt think its a team thing, he thinks its just QB play.  And he thinks Daniel Jones and Cooper Rush are excellent.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like Ron as a dude.  and I am not a throw the baby with the bathwater type where I hate EVERYTHING the coach does when things go south.  For example, I've liked their drafting.  Hated FA this year and dumping the players they did to weaken their depth. 

But i now have the same beef with him that I did with Shanny.  that is, take responsibility for whats not going right AND a rebuild doesn't have to take forever.  shanny liked to talk about a 5 year plan, etc and it drove me nuts.  Rivera is barking that same tree.  

Now if Ron said I like some of our moves, some of our draft picks have shone well.  But we need to find answers at the Qb spot and O line and while I think we may have promise with Wentz and Howell -- that still needs to play out or something like that.  I can dig that.  I get you can't throw your own players under the bus.  But QB and O line is on him. 

Listening to that press conference, I'll double down that he should play Howell soon.  It's the only thing IMO he can do to save himself on that subject -- roll the dice and sink or swim. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to that press conference, I'll double down that he should play Howell soon.  It's the only thing IMO he can do to save himself on that subjecft -- roll the dice and sink or swim. 

Yep.

IIRC, Sheehan had Logan Paulsen on his podcast and he asked him what he thought Howell's ceiling was, and Paulsen said a high end backup like Heinicke.  But what if his ceiling is higher than that?  The only way you find out is by playing him.  If it turns out that that is his ceiling, great, you have a cheap and young backup quarterback on your roster.  I still cannot remember any team replacing the starter with the 3rd stringer on the depth chart.  Whenever they activate Howell is probably a tell tale sign that there's going to be a switch.