Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

51 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They will probably have games where they go back to that depending on the defense. But just having that on tape now, with the weapons we have....its going to give defenses nightmares. If everything works perfectly, we force teams to have to choose between stopping the run or selling out against that pass. And once they make that decision, we cut them up the other way and make them chase our adjustments all game. 

That's the perfect scenario. It will rarely, if ever, go perfectly. But damn would it be fun. And we actually have the players to do it now. Imagine BRob coming back ready to go....sheesh 

I so excite!

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Mrshadow008 said:

The fact that we have running the ball and controlling the clock in our back pocket like we did during the four game win streak is exactly the type of thing that makes this team even more potentially dangerous though. 

This is why I was so pro the off-season strategy. We already have the chemistry and the locker room. Now Wentz just needs to fit in. But a lot of the same stuff that worked last year is still here. So we are growing as a team. Now we've got a deep ball layer on it. I love it. And I love that Wentz is into the playbook like this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

This is why I was so pro the off-season strategy. We already have the chemistry and the locker room. Now Wentz just needs to fit in. But a lot of the same stuff that worked last year is still here. So we are growing as a team. Now we've got a deep ball layer on it. I love it. And I love that Wentz is into the playbook like this. 

That plus they are allowing the young guys to develop which is HUGE. Forrest was the highest rated pff safety in the league on sunday. Is pff end all be all? no of course not but that's a huge level of growth from last season if he continues to play at a high level

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

So, week one we had the top rated safety, DE with the most QB pressures, top rated blocking TE, I think the top QB hitting Dline, possible rookie of the week, a QB talked about as player of the week.

There are a lot of reasons to be optimistic about this team right now.

Lol and we are still underdogs to the lions smh 

Just now, Koolblue13 said:

That's some bull****. We'll definitely be dogs to the Eagles, but if we play them well and go into Dallas at 2-1. it'll be nice to be favored over those assholes.

Don’t hold your breath. Granted espn is a bunch of gas bags but they were talking today like they could beat us like and giants without Dak. Granted we know better but it’s the narrative right now 

• Haha 2

Just now, Thinking Skins said:

They don't believe yet. I'm glad because we need to prove it more anyway. I'm afraid of us believing our own press clippings. 

I'm not. We have a lot of humble hard working players that know they're good and have been trying to prove it to everyone. I don't think the national media admitting that they're good would slow any of them down.

Just now, redskinss said:

There you go again. 

Hey kool, psssss.

The Eagles suck!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just saying it like they're a top team, not as a fan. 

26 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Lol and we are still underdogs to the lions smh 

True, but I think a big part of that is the narrative that the Eagles are the lock for the division.  For this narrative to be true, Detroit MUST be better than advertised. The only reason the Iggs won is because Goff made an error in the second quarter and the defense failed twice in the Iggs last possession.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I'm not. We have a lot of humble hard working players that know they're good and have been trying to prove it to everyone. I don't think the national media admitting that they're good would slow any of them down.

I was just saying it like they're a top team, not as a fan. 

Agreed with the top part. I know it’s hard to look past the organizations past but it matters to these guys. I posted on Twitter the other day that something that stuck out to me during the game was after the go ahead td the kick off team was in the endzone trying to get the crowd hype for the defense. And not one or two of them but all of them. It matters to these guys. I understand those that say winning will bring back fans but home field advantage helps with that. This team is gonna frustrate us at times but they are young and growing and deserve our support. 

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

True, but I think a big part of that is the narrative that the Eagles are the lock for the division.  For this narrative to be true, Detroit MUST be better than advertised. The only reason the Iggs won is because Goff made an error in the second quarter and the defense failed twice in the Iggs last possession.

Hurts ran 17 times Sunday. I didn’t watch game but I have a hard time believing that was all designed meaning the lions were forcing him to run. I don’t think Philly is what everyone things they are. I’ve said before offensively I think all around our personnel is better than theirs but we’ve gotta put it together and prove it 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Hurts ran 17 times Sunday. I didn’t watch game but I have a hard time believing that was all designed meaning the lions were forcing him to run. I don’t think Philly is what everyone things they are. I’ve said before offensively I think all around our personnel is better than theirs but we’ve gotta put it together and prove it 

Precisely the type of offense that gives us fits because we struggle getting off the field on 3d down.  Teams with mobile QBs give us fits.  If that narrative changes for us, then we should win the division.  At the end of the day, Philly, even as a running team, can’t run when it counts and that’s their Achilles 

7 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

True, but for since 1996, we seem to have a tradition of not being as good as we looked. We also seem to have a great time losing must games.  Hell, even though beating Pitt in 2020 turned out to be a must, it should not have been.  With that win, we should have run away with the division in 2020  The Iggs meanwhile have many times proven that they are better than we think.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

True, but for since 1996, we seem to have a tradition of not being as good as we looked. We also seem to have a great time losing must games.  Hell, even though beating Pitt in 2020 turned out to be a must, it should not have been.  With that win, we should have run away with the division in 2020  The Iggs meanwhile have many times proven that they are better than we think.

Thats why i said its up to us to prove it on the field it wont change until they do 

3 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I don’t get why everyone’s so surprised that KB is an eagles fan….he’s already said multiple times he is. Leave him be 

Not surprised at all, he's entitled to be an eagles fan and I'm entitled to bust his balls about it, read the rules. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Detroit blitzed Hurts almost 50% of the time against the Eagles. Hurts ran quickly and right away. They were very aggressive on defense.

Carson will need to release the ball quickly. Look at his first couple reads and if not there, check it down or throw it away. 

Edited by skinsfan93

for all those overly poopoo-ing wentz, yall are missing the point. is he a little inaccurate at times? yes. does he throw some dumb interceptions? yep. this is no different than heinicke and past quarterbacks since kirk. however, he has the arm talent and ability to put us back in the game and recover from mistakes. the last three years, as soon as we were down by more than 3 points well into the second half, i felt like the game was out of reach. that is an improvement no matter how you cut it.

• Like 1