Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, FootballZombie said:

Somebody gonna jump on Watson now.

Hopefully not someone in our division.

Watson has all the leverage now. He should refuse to waive his no trade clause. Hit the open market and get $55M+ a year. If a team is willing to part with 3 firsts and 2 other player assets for him, they will pay him $55M+

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SoCalSkins said:

Watson has all the leverage now. He should refuse to waive his no trade clause. Hit the open market and get $55M+ a year. If a team is willing to part with 3 firsts and 2 other player assets for him, they will pay him $55M+

He has a bunch of years on his contract and it would cost Hou like 50Mil to cut him.

I think trade is his only option, cuz I don't see him playing in Hou.

11 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

68cjzr.jpg

There’s already been reports that he wouldn’t choose us over other teams. Setting aside that there are teams with more 1sts to offer than us. 

I imagine jumping on Wentz (even if you think it was too enthusiastically) when they did was to avoid competing with the other desperate teams later, flailing after they miss out on the Watson sweepstakes themselves soon. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Zim489 said:

But really the offer and acceptance on Watson is likely already done and has been for weeks. 

Everything about it is a charade. It has been obvious he wasn't going to get indicted since the beginning, but the DA had to make it appear like she was trying. However, if she was really trying, the grand jury would have indicted him easily today. It's all smoke and mirrors for the media. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Conn said:

If Wentz balls out I don’t really see how that could be a problem for us, assuming he can stay healthy. Then he’d know he was “the guy” and Rivera would have a feel for his personality and if it was a good long-term fit. Unless we think he’s a sociopath capable of hiding his real self for an entire season, Wentz balling out and (presumably, if we’re talking hypothetical extension) gelling well with the coaches and team seems like it could be only good. In that case I’d assume we’d feel good about committing  to him?

I realize to some it could seem like a trap but this isn’t like Albert Haynesworth balling in a contract year type stuff—Wentz is known to be a hard worker and dedicated to his craft. His issues were over his fit with management and his sensitivity towards not feeling committed to. So if he’s going to “return to the status quo” I’d think it will be noticed by the staff before committing.

Carson regressing to his status quo is still better than anything we've had at QB since Kirk Cousins.

Carson's biggest problem is a tendency to play hero-ball at the wrong time. Given that we have Terry and guys that are used to winning contested passes and an oline that is pretty good, him playing hero-ball may not be that much of an issue. Especially if we resign McKissic or find a quality replacement for him.

• Like 1

We have to give Houston a package so overwhelming that they will have incentive to convince Watson to agree to waive his no trade clause to come here or they won't trade him anywhere else.

If we could parlay a package including Wentz our next three first rounders, a 2nd this year, and a d-lineman of their choice (including Chase Young if they choose him) into DeShaun Watson I'd do it in a heartbeat!

We win the NFC East hands down and are serious contenders for the superbowl.

"Make it so." J.L. Picard

Edited by CommanderInTheRye

1 minute ago, Darth Tater said:

Carson regressing to his status quo is still better than anything we've had at QB since Kirk Cousins.

Carson's biggest problem is a tendency to play hero-ball at the wrong time. Given that we have Terry and guys that are used to winning contested passes and an oline that is pretty good, him playing hero-ball may not be that much of an issue. Especially if we resign McKissic or find a quality replacement for him.

If he was playing hero ball he would have worse than a 27-7 int ratio. This is the nfl, you need to throw 50/50 balls. The dude has a cannon. His deep ball int is better than some punts. 

12 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

I’d see if they’d bite at Wentz, Payne and two 1st. 

14 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Trade Wentz 3 Firsts for Watson make it happen 

Man, that's a dangerous game

If I had any other QB, I'd dip my toe in those waters to at least try an get a nibble

But Wentz does not respond well to not being the guy and not being committed to. This would be like signaling you have no faith in Wentz before you even acquire the guy. No way he takes that well.

If your gonna swing at Watson, you better land him b/c your staring down a Wentz w/ one emotional setting after that

Arthur Fist GIFs | Tenor

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Here is a scenario to consider. We have a weak schedule (on paper) and a motivated QB with several chips on his shoulder and lots to prove in what is effectively a make or break contract year. That translates into a much improved record and some pretty good QB play statistically with some highlight reel plays. End of the season we extend Wentz to a new big deal. 

Then in 2023 everything reverts to the mean - but with us holding the big contract and guaranteed money on Wentz.

Just something to cheer everyone up with.

3AA9B6DC-706E-4D11-A36D-3CEFA93D4067.gif.d15124c03c78851497988ff3023dfbae.gif

Watson is not coming here. Last week was our only shot at him. Now that the indictments are off the table he’s not coming here even if we hadn’t traded for Wentz. His agent trashed Ron and the organization when Haskins was here and he refused to play ball with us in restructuring Landon. David Mulugeta would only let a client come here if there were no other options. Last week there were no other options. Now it’s a whole different game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

14 minutes ago, Jabbyrwock said:

Sounds like poorly written fan fiction.  Wentz seduces the fan base with anomalously good quarterback play only to hurt us in the long run.  We'll call it "50 shades of Ginger".

Problem is that stories of this type have happened a lot during Snyder:

1999 with Brad Johnson (mostly the first half of the season).

2001 with Pat Ramsey (bit of a stretch)

2005 with Brunell

2006 with Campbell

2012 with Griffin

2016 with Kirk (more a fail on our side)

2018 with Smith (more due to events out of our control

Uh oh Snyder gassing up Redskins Commanders One and heading straight to Houston.

Could this be the triumphant return of Dealer Dan!!??

I can hear Dan at the press conference: "DeShaun Watson is our new chief of command. Carson Wentz we hardly knew ya! Happy Thanksgiving to all!"

If that happened I'd be in the front row yelling: "Great job Mister Snyder you are a fantastic owner and even better person Sir!" (Yuck I feel like I just swallowed a hot vomit samich-- but it'sworth it if we end up with Watson!).

But really Watson isnt coming here. We'll go roughly 500 this year. Wentz has a mehh year or is injured some. And we have no clear path to get better because we'll be drafting in the middle of the first with bottom 10 QB play. 

The Purgatory is real. 

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I hope Watson goes to Carolina or Seattle. That makes our #11 pick more valuable and we should be to parlay that into picks and still get a decent player.

You don’t extend Wentz until after the 23 season.

Maybe. More non-QBs going before our pick could make it less valuable if nobody likes a QB enough to trade up with us. Depends how the league is really feeling about these QB prospects 

3 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

I hope Watson goes to Carolina or Seattle. That makes our #11 pick more valuable and we should be to parlay that into picks and still get a decent player.

You don’t extend Wentz until after the 23 season.

I want him in Pittsburg. Keep him in the AFC. Rodgers is probably the only NFC QB who is elite and he has a choking issue in the playoffs. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

Watson is not coming here. Last week was our only shot at him. Now that the indictments are off the table he’s not coming here even if we hadn’t traded for Wentz. His agent trashed Ron and the organization when Haskins was here and he refused to play ball with us in restructuring Landon. David Mulugeta would only let a client come here if there were no other options. Last week there were no other options. Now it’s a whole different game. 

image.thumb.png.cd9ddd67ac8f32d54b4bf63b97966f02.png

Damn!!!!!

It hurts so much because it feels so true!

"We coulda been a contenda!"

Oh well, I guess it's  time for my evening dose of Laudanum.

The bliss of dreamsville awaits...

image.png.e8b6d6d81ccd415d05cda3fe173c3615.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I want him in Pittsburg. Keep him in the AFC. Rodgers is probably the only NFC QB who is elite and he has a choking issue in the playoffs. 

That’s just not a typical Pittsburg move.

They are more “draft their guy” kindof team.

As long as it’s not Philly, I’m fine.  

18 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Technically the Wentz deal hasnt happened. We can back out if we want. We can "fail" his physical if we want. Our full allotment is available. 

Watson is not coming here,Also he is not worth what it would take to even get him..

• Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

That’s just not a typical Pittsburg move.

They are more “draft their guy” kindof team.

As long as it’s not Philly, I’m fine.  

idk, they dealt a 1st for their stud FS from the Dolphins only 2-3 years ago, that seemed out of character but brought their whole defense to another level as a finishing piece. So I could see it in the right circumstances