Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

I get that, but when you have crap WRs and only a TE to throw to and instead of getting a weapon and supporting your QB, you start to move on from him and expect him to mentor his replacement? **** that. I'd be a problem too.

Absolutely.  I get that. But this is Philly we're talking about. 🤣

Regardless, he has to be able to understand this kind of **** happens every year on virtually every team.  Hopefully,  he understands that this may be his last shot at redemption and files it away. Chances are, we could end up with a young QB in this draft. 

HTTR!

• Like 1

Just now, skinsfan4128 said:

Absolutely.  I get that. But this is Philly we're talking about. 🤣

Regardless, he has to be able to understand this kind of **** happens every year on virtually every team.  Hopefully,  he understands that this may be his last shot at redemption and files it away. Chances are, we could end up with a young QB in this draft. 

HTTR!

Philly is an awesome place.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig

Screen Shot 2022-03-11 at 10.16.21 AM.png

This is why I think you use your 2nd round pick and draft Muma after trading down in the 1st if you can.  Still draft Muma with our 2nd if we can't trade down. :) 

4 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

This is a great watch. Might watch the entire game later. The top two QB options for us going head to head.

Great game that showcases the ups and downs, mostly ups of Wentz's play.  You can see his elite level arm.  Nice touch on his throws.  So he's not one of these hard throwers who doesn't know how to adjust speeds.  Throws off platform well.  Really good escapability in the pocket.  the main downside is he makes too many risky throws.  That play where he was in the grasp of a defender yet he flung it in the air anyway and ended up being a pick, awful decision.  I saw another one like that in another game I watched.  He has no business making throws like that -- be one thing if you are down and its the last drive of the game so yolo.  that's the stuff he needs to reign in. Mahomes does that stuff too sometimes and it can blow up on him but Wentz I think does it less judiciously than Mahomes. 

On an aside that has nothing to do with that game, we finally have a QB who can do a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 who I'd trust.  We've not had a guy like that at Qb forever.  Brady just about always gets it on a QB sneak.  Cam too.  Carson like them is a tall dude and also thick.  So being stuffed on 4th and 1 might be something we don't have to worry about much next season. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

This is why I think you use your 2nd round pick and draft Muma after trading down in the 1st if you can.  Still draft Muma with our 2nd if we can't trade down. :) 

I am open to whatever hits PBA -- WR, MLB, S, CB in particular but especially MLB and WR.

As for your thing yesterday about what QB in the draft fits as to mirroring Wentz.  That's a tough one.  they all have elements of common things to Wentz but on other counts they don't.  If I had to pick one to mirror Wentz, I'd go Corral.  But then again Corral doesn't have Wentz's size among other things.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Editorial comment: Love the new thread subtitle, "Winning with Wentz and the Hiding of Heinicke."

In my youth (in the 40's) a rough hiding with "the belt" was something your parents gave you "for your own good."

So if my parents were right I guess this is good for Heinicke's development.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I doubt the first round. Breer is pretty connected too so Keim isn’t on an island here as far as his sources 

What were the guys we supposedly liked versus did not like at all? 

I feel like you and others might have quoted Keim as saying we liked Pickett, Willis, and Corral

Did not like Howell or Strong? 

Is that right? Are there other guys we have some interest in based on the rumors? 

5 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Thats what she says as well.

Your too humorous.  😆😆

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am open to whatever hits PBA -- WR, MLB, S, CB in particular but especially MLB and WR.

As for your thing yesterday about what QB in the draft fits as to mirroring Wentz.  That's a tough one.  they all have elements of common things to Wentz but on other counts they don't.  If I had to pick one to mirror Wentz, I'd go Corral.  But then again Corral doesn't have Wentz's size among other things.

Agree with most but I trade down to acquire a 2nd or 3rd and go BPA, MLB or FS.  

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

I feel like you and others might have quoted Keim as saying we liked Pickett, Willis, and Corral

Is that right? Are there other guys we have some interest in based on the rumors? 

I think I read somewhere that Rivera loved Pickett until he shook his hand and Pickett's entire hand, including his fingers, fit comfortably in his palm.

Now it's all in for Malik "What you talkin 'bout" Willis ftw!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 6

If we bag a true FS in free agency, along with say a vet LB, we could be looking for a direct replacement for the Collins role in the draft. 

edit - Parson is a bit of a freak, anyone in this draft with similar skill set...not necessarily anywhere as good as he appears, but a good prospect in that mould ?

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Great game that showcases the ups and downs, mostly ups of Wentz's play.  You can see his elite level arm.  Nice touch on his throws.  So he's not one of these hard throwers who doesn't know how to adjust speeds.  Throws off platform well.  Really good escapability in the pocket.  the main downside is he makes too many risky throws.  That play where he was in the grasp of a defender yet he flung it in the air anyway and ended up being a pick, awful decision.  I saw another one like that in another game I watched.  He has no business making throws like that -- be one thing if you are down and its the last drive of the game so yolo.  that's the stuff he needs to reign in. Mahomes does that stuff too sometimes and it can blow up on him but Wentz I think does it less judiciously than Mahomes. 

On an aside that has nothing to do with that game, we finally have a QB who can do a QB sneak on 3rd and 1 or 4th and 1 who I'd trust.  We've not had a guy like that at Qb forever.  Brady just about always gets it on a QB sneak.  Cam too.  Carson like them is a tall dude and also thick.  So being stuffed on 4th and 1 might be something we don't have to worry about much next season. 

This is a fun one. You can tell the wheels are falling off the Colts Oline by this point.

Go to about 9:47 and you can really see what Wentz is capable of that has me so excited.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

If we bag a true FS in free agency, along with say a vet LB, we could be looking for a direct replacement for the Collins role in the draft. 

edit - Parson is a bit of a freak, anyone in this draft with similar skill set...not necessarily anywhere as good as he appears, but a good prospect in that mould ?

Watch Muma and tell me what you think about him.  I think he's the best LB in the draft.  He's smart, intensive.  Just watch this film and let me know your thoughts. I think he's special.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, The Consigliere said:

Like:  Pickett, Willis.

Don't Know:  Corral

Suposedly didn't like:  Howell.  (that was precombine not sure about now)

Likes if later in the draft:  Ridder, Strong

Clearly though they don't love any of them.   if they did i don't think they'd be this fixated on landing a veteran.   But like I said to you in my prior post, they supposedly want to keep on swinging until they find a top 10 Qb -- or so the impression I get listening to Keim among others.   That includes swinging in 2023 if need be.  

Addressing some of the straggler critics on this thread of Rivera.  Judging by Keim's stuff in particular, the biggest thing they get wrong is that Rivera is obsessed with getting the next Brunell or Alex Smith type, just be competitive and hope for the best.  That's not the impression I get at all.  Not even a little.  At worst, maybe a year ago he danced with that a little, he had mixed rhetoric on the topic but he's certainly off that train in a big way now. 

The one thing the straggler critcs of Rivera seem to be right about is heck yeah he'd rather go 10-7 and make the playoffs versus 7-10.  I know to some that's a negative that Rivera feels that way.   And he shouldn't care if he makes the playoffs.   But I get it.  He has a boss.  He wants to continue coaching.  Some success buys you time.  But where I think the critics are wrong is the belief that Rivera is more than happy to just tread water and be mediocre to slightly better than that. 

I get the strong impression that to Rivera that isn't his goal at all.  That feels though very Bruce Allen when he was here but Rivera at least judging by reporter gossip isn't of the mindset of lets just be average to good. 

The impression I get is he wants a SB really really bad.  It's the main thing missing from his coaching resume.  Making the playoffs, he did that 5 times.  He wants a SB.  And he's flat out said he gets a great QB helps you get there.  He gets it.  Some are upset that he doesn't openly throw in the towell, if he doesn't get that franchise QB -- then why not say we got no chance this coming season without one -- but what HC is going to say that?   You can take the thunder out of a season before it starts.  You got to play your hand. 

4 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

Didn't they have to give up a record amount of dead cap to move him? I can see why they wanted to keep him, nobody wants to do that.

That situation had to come to an end though. Even on the outside looking in there were some serious nightmare fuel leaking out.

I dont think you can trust anything that comes out of Philly to be honest. Remember when Djax was released and there were all these reports of him being involved with gang members? Or how about when McCoy wanted out and he was getting trashed in the media. I mean even the T.O. situation the way it was portrayed by Philly was it all about T.O. while they protected Mcnabb and then it came out years later that it actually was a lot more about Mcnabb than T.O. I just dont trust anything that comes out of that organization.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Watch Muma and tell me what you think about him.  I think he's the best LB in the draft.  He's smart, intensive.  Just watch this film and let me know your thoughts. I think he's special.  

Off out for a few hours now, will give it a watch later RWJ

• Like 1