Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

10 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For the “omg Russ chose Denver over Washington cause Washington sucks, nobody wants to come here” crowd…guess what? He chose Denver over Philly too🤷🏻‍♂️ But i dont hear any “nobody wants to go to Philly” stuff. Cause that wouldn’t help your narrative 😂

So in what world do you live in, where we are a more attractive option than the Philadelphia Eagles?

I know my name suggests it, but a lot of you guys truly suffer from battered fan syndrome.

Folks will sit here and post their griveances with this organization regularly.  Then be salty and defensive when anyone else speaks harshly of the franchise.  Makes no sense.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Like 4

Just now, redskin301 said:

Do you guys think there’s a real chance we can get Watson if he beats the charges 

I 100% do. It will be the best move the team has made in a long long time. In 2 years we will be happy to have Watson instead of Wilson in my opinion. Realistically, this team is not going to tank. We won’t be in position to get a top prospect in the draft and no one wants to come here as a vet. We need to look at the scratch and dent section. Watson is one of the best to be available in a long time. 

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

40 precent 

If we are really trying to trade 3 1st you think that would be enough 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

I 100% do. It will be the best move the team has made in a long long time. In 2 years we will be happy to have Watson instead of Wilson in my opinion. Realistically, this team is not going to tank. We won’t be in position to get a top prospect in the draft and no one wants to come here as a vet. We need to look at the scratch and dent section. Watson is one of the best to be available in a long time. 

Honestly Watson ( if he ever plays again) is probably top 10 if not top 5 in the league I think he would be a upgrade from Wilson 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, Redskins 2021 said:

He has to beat the charges first which is 50/50. I think young would go to. Other teams have better offer if we don't send young.

Yeah I love chase but this team has been so bad at qb for so long honestly 2 1st and chase

I know it’s a lot but I would just be happy to have a franchise qb

17 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So in what world do you live in, where we are a more attractive option than the Philadelphia Eagles?

I know my name suggests it, but a lot of you guys truly suffer from battered fan syndrome.

Folks will sit here and post their griveances with this organization regularly.  Then be salty and defensive when anyone else speaks harshly of the franchise.  Makes no sense.

I never claimed Washington is a more attractive option than Philly. Not once did I claim that. My point was, Wilson chose Denver over even Philly, yet nobody seems to be bashing them over that, while everyone is saying it must mean nobody wants to come to DC.

No. I think really just as simple as, he preferred Denver over all other choices. It doesn’t mean anything bad about Washington. 

4 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Pickett, I don't look at as settling. If we can't get Carr, Wilson, Rodgers, or Watson I don't think there would be much difference between Pickett and the other FA Qb plus he be cheaper.

JimmyG 

Wentz

Trubisky 

Marrota 

I think he would be about the same.

The problem is opportunity cost. Pickett costs a first. Those other guys should be free (I'm not trading real assets, i.e. anything above a 5th rounder, for any of them). Why not draft an actual useful player at 11 rather than aim for a maybe Joe Flacco?

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I never claimed Washington is a more attractive option than Philly. Not once did I claim that. My point was, Wilson chose Denver over even Philly, yet nobody seems to be bashing them over that, while everyone is saying it must mean nobody wants to come to DC.

No. I think really just as simple as, he preferred Denver over all other choices. It doesn’t mean anything bad about Washington. 

Honestly I feel like Denver was the worst option 

now he’s in a division with Mahomes Herbert Carr and I feel like Denver‘s roster lackluster compared to ours

3 minutes ago, redskin301 said:

Honestly I feel like Denver was the worst option 

now he’s in a division with Mahomes Herbert Carr and I feel like Denver‘s roster lackluster compared to ours

They have a better owner. The “for sale” sign.  Vastly superior to what we have. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

I hope your right. They better close the deal for him. If we get beat out by the eagles they will be better then us for next 8 to 10 years.

Edited by Redskins 2021

3 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Won’t happen.

None of Snyder’s coaches ever finish their  contracts.

Marty, Zorn,Shanny,Gruden- Fired

Gibbs- Retired

Spurrier- Resigned

It won’t change with Ron and all future Dan Snyder coaches.

Ron is slowly digging his eventual grave and when the inevitable end cones; he will find it won’t be so easy to get another head coaching gig: as the trend is hiring you coaches.

Very few coaches just go through their contract and then voluntarily leave. The vast majority of coaches get fired or retire at some point. So you could say this of nearly any franchise. If you want to say Washington coaches don't sign extensions, then that's a better way to phrase it. Only Gruden played out his initial contract and got extended.

Only way we are getting a star QB is if he's drafted, I'm not sure how that isn't obvious to the entire fanbase at this point. You don't have to read the beat reports to know that we weren't close to acquiring Rodgers or Wilson. 

If there is a choice in the matter for the QB, we are at the bottom of the list. If there isn't, we are going to have to offer a ton because nobody wants to lose a trade to Washington. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

Rumor coming out this morning is Detroit has interest in Willis. I doubt it but you never know.

I don't know. I heard Willis is now going #1 to Jacksonville. Have it on very good authority from my cousin's girlfriend's dog's butler's nephew who has a YouTube channel with at least three subscribers. Rock solid intel. So now you'll have to trade over Jacksonville to pick zero.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

For the “omg Russ chose Denver over Washington cause Washington sucks, nobody wants to come here” crowd…guess what? He chose Denver over Philly too🤷🏻‍♂️ But i dont hear any “nobody wants to go to Philly” stuff. Cause that wouldn’t help your narrative 😂

Why do these have to be mutually exclusive though? I think it's safe to say that in general nobody wants to come here or to Philly. Why? Because Philly is a complete ****hole that constantly reeks of rancid 2 week old diapers.

2 hours ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I hope your right. They better close the deal for him. If we get beat out by the eagles they will be better then us for next 8 to 10 years.

Probability is high that even if the Eagles don't land Watson they'll still be better than us for the next 8 to 10 years if not more.

• Sad 1