Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

That’s original if nothing else. He must have too much time on his hands to dream up those 3 being on a cruise together :ols:

Whoever does those tweets, they are Commanders centric, and its typically wild stuff that most fans would love to believe to be true.  I recall that twitter feed from last off season. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A.  They actually have shot for Rodgers but GB wants to trade to the AFC but they've tried.

B. Deshaun Watson is a person of interest for them

C.  They contacted every team in the NFL about QBs -- they are doing an exhaustive search

D.  They aren't going all in on Jimmy G, they got some concerns, the price would have to be right.  No big contract.  No major draft capital expended

E.  FA -- interest in Trubisky and Bridgwater.  Trubisky likely won't be annoited to be the starter at the next team.  But teams think maybe he can be the dude if they showcase his athleticism more -- go heavy RPO and they like that he's cheap.  He thinks he or Bridgewater would be both around 7 million a year.  Likely paired with a rookie from the first three rounds, seems to be highlighting 2nd or 3rd round. 

This is their worst case scenario, not their top choice.   Keim hears mixed things about Trubisky around the league, some say maybe, some say he's a career backup.

F.  Keim is hearing Seattle doesn't want to trade Wilson.  On the off chance they traded him, they'd want a QB in return who they like.

G.  He thinks if Pickett is at 11, they take him.  If not they trade down and take a Qb in the 2nd round

A - that implies Rodgers is done in GB

B - is Rivera going to make the ultimate Riverboat Ron move ?

C - good

D - that’s encouraging 

E - worst case scenario is also encouraging to hear

F - sure feels like Wilson is going nowhere

G - I could live with that. We could do with more draft picks in that scenario.

Lol kyler Murray’s agent put out a statement today. To paraphrase Adam Schefters tweet on it: “it now seems that kyler Murray wants to remain arizonas QB—as long as the team is willing to…” (pay a **** ton of $ that he honestly doesn’t even deserve right now anyway)

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Lol kyler Murray’s agent put out a statement today. To paraphrase Adam Schefters tweet on it: “it now seems that kyler Murray wants to remain arizonas QB—as long as the team is willing to…” (pay a **** ton of $ that he honestly doesn’t even deserve right now anyway)

Yep, lol, RG3 of all people has been putting fuel to the fire as for the Murray discontent

1 hour ago, markmills67 said:

So reading back throughout this QB thread, the outcome I've come to is that everybody wants a different QB either via free agency or the Draft. So whatever happens 90% of us will be disappointed 🤣

oh, guarenteed

Dan Orlovsky on Get Up this morning said he thinks if Commanders don't get a Wilson or Rodgers, should sign Trubisky.  Keeping in mind he's a big Mitch fan.

This from last year...

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/analysis-mitch-trubisky-has-talent-to-keep-bills-ship-from-sinking-temporarily/article_a1358e9a-88fd-11eb-a796-d32d6bb27dc2.html

ESPN analyst Dan Orlovsky, the former Colts quarterback, assessed the situation last week:

“I love the fact the Bills signed Mitchell Trubisky for two reasons,” Orlovsky said. “Something that we really learned about the Buffalo Bills organization the last 18 months is they’re developing quarterbacks. They have developed Josh Allen. This could be really good for Mitch Trubisky.

Edited by HigSkin
  • Like 1

Forget the Teir 1 QBs, not happening, No to the ones we have to trade for or get released (Wentz/Jimmy G.), Mariota/Winston/Trubisky any order and draft a QB at #11 or later (Ridder my choice) is most realistic.   

3 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Dan Orlovsky on Get Up this morning said he thinks if Commanders don't get a Wilson or Rodgers, should sign Trubisky.

Makes the most sense.  I would take Mariota or Wilson too.  We have to draft a QB in 1st or 2nd (as menionted in previous post, hopefully Ridder). 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

How is it a Washington misplay?  He wasn't hurt when he was signed, then he got hurt.  The only thing they probably could have done is been more upfront with how serious it was.  But he didn't have a long injury history coming into his signing.

I think this one was more just bad dumb luck. 

If they re-sign Scherff for top of the market money and he gets hurt for 6-8 games a year, THAT would be a classic Washington misplay.  

The misplay was not shutting him down until he was healed. And signing guys that are hurt their first year or forever as a Skin is classic skins as well

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-free-agency-news-and-rumors-steelers-targeting-interesting-names-in-free-agency-and-the-draft/

Word right now is Pittsburgh is targeting Malik Willis in the 2022 NFL Draft. And though I cannot confirm Pittsburgh is targeting Willis, I do know they like him an awful lot. As far as free agents, I am told they are targeting three signal-callers: Mitch Trubisky, Teddy Bridgewater, and Jameis Winston.

The combination of one of those three QBs plus selecting Willis in the NFL Draft would set the Steelers up both short and long-term.

5 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-free-agency-news-and-rumors-steelers-targeting-interesting-names-in-free-agency-and-the-draft/

Word right now is Pittsburgh is targeting Malik Willis in the 2022 NFL Draft. And though I cannot confirm Pittsburgh is targeting Willis, I do know they like him an awful lot. As far as free agents, I am told they are targeting three signal-callers: Mitch Trubisky, Teddy Bridgewater, and Jameis Winston.

The combination of one of those three QBs plus selecting Willis in the NFL Draft would set the Steelers up both short and long-term.

One thing I know about Mike Florio is he's a huge Steelwer fan and he abhors the Commanders.  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He thinks if Pickett is at 11, they take him.  If not they trade down and take a Qb in the 2nd round

Rivera is going to take a huge gamble if he's going to sit and wait for 11 if they really like Pickett.  There are QB hungry teams picking before us.  If they sign someone like Trubisky and whiff on their draft pick, I don't think Rivera makes it to year 5.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

Remember when the Texans were getting blown out and finally scored a TD and Watson was doing some dramatic celebration, despite losing and he got trolled?

That’s not Deshaun Watson. Watson is #4 and doesn’t have dreads. That’s DeAndre Hopkins. 

I know you’d hate Watson here, and I get it, but I think he’s our most likely target and Vegas seems to think so too.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Standig

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.35.08 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.35.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-28 at 8.36.00 AM.png

My takeaway is this...

As for the rookie, it’s hard to know who will be available. There’s little consensus on the top five, though Pittsburgh’s Kenny Pickett is likely atop most lists, and other teams picking ahead of the Commanders have a QB hole.

...implying other teams, including those picking higher likely rate Pickett higher than Commanders do.  And...

Multiple sources familiar with Washington’s thinking have nodded in the direction of Liberty’s Malik Willis. There’s also intrigue with Cincinnati’s Desmond Ridder, generally projected in the 21-50 range.

...this adds credence to the theory nobody in the QB class profiles as likely a franchise guy, so they're going with highest ceiling prospects.  Willis and Ridder being the only two with overall above average QB traits (physically).  Bridge QB + developing those traits is a plan that could net a franchise guy.  Unlikely, but there's a chance.

18 minutes ago, RWJ said:

One thing I know about Mike Florio is he's a huge Steelwer fan and he abhors the Commanders.  

There is a photo of the Steelers brass talking with Willis and his family at the Senior Bowl so I suspect there is some truth to the Steelers loving them some Malik Willis.