Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

1 minute ago, Hitman#21 said:

Jimmy G started and beat Dallas in Dallas and GB in GB, you can argue whether he had any impact in those games, but he started and won two road playoff games.

I'm in my 30's and witnessed one playoff win.

Bring in Jimmy G he's an upgrade.

With Kyle Shanahan's offense. Arguably the most QB friendly system in the NFL. 

I'm getting to be in edge. For my sanity, I'm really hoping they're aggressive trading up in the draft. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, profusion said:

Whatever they do, the WFT needs to go all in on someone they think can actually take them the distance. Not some placeholder guy like they did this year. Unfortunately, what's what Garoppolo or Mariota would be.

this POV is so frustrating to me.  What if they don't think there's someone who can take them the distance?  Not every team goes into the season thinking they can be Super Bowl champs.

• Thumb down 1

17 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Keep building the defense and adding playmakers wherever you can and the wins will follow. The Packers were awful at home against SF in the playoffs even with Aaron Rodgers....it takes more than a 40 million dollar a year QB to win Super Bowls. We are not getting a stud to start this season, there are none available. 

Look at the Niners roster, it's deep everywhere....power football, great playmakers, good mix of run and pass. This can be us with the youth on our roster. 

Heinicke beat Brady, Wilson and Carr....regardless of what you think about him as the QB our TEAM was good enough to win those games. 

Ron follows your suggestion and not replace Heini; he might as well look at new places to live out his forced retirement.

33 minutes ago, Bacon said:

No matter which route we choose to go, it's comforting to know that nothing will be a bigger white flag than going into the 2011 season with Rex Grossman and John Beck. Even Trubisky/Heinicke/first round QB would provide more optimism than that. 

That was a clue that the Shanahans were actually smart and had long vision, in retrospect they were clearly talking those guys up but tanking trying to get into the Luck sweepstakes, and had to settle for trading up for RG3. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, profusion said:

Whatever they do, the WFT needs to go all in on someone they think can actually take them the distance. Not some placeholder guy like they did this year. Unfortunately, what's what Garoppolo or Mariota would be.

This has progressively become the clear route we have to take. There isnt much point in a middle ground to me either.

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

this POV is so frustrating to me.  What if they don't think there's someone who can take them the distance?  Not every team goes into the season thinking they can be Super Bowl champs.

Might as well pass on all vets and then trade out of the first to attack the QB market next season.

Unfortunately for Rivera he put all his options into this offseason because he passed over the chance last year, in particular in the draft. Now he has backed himself into a fairy difficult position.

14 hours ago, Burgold said:

Actually, I could imagine a scenario where the Redskins brain trust convinced themselves that Burrow was a one year wonder who Mel Kiper projected as a sixth round pick just a year earlier and that Chase was Reggie White. They might have gone for the sure-thing superstar over the fluke.

You have a head coach from the defensive side; it's  natural he would focus on defense.  Especially,  since the owner wanted him to see what Haskins could d o. Major mistake there.

12 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

This has progressively become the clear route we have to take. There isnt much point in a middle ground to me either.

Might as well pass on all vets and then trade out of the first to attack the QB market next season.

Unfortunately for Rivera he put all his options into this offseason because he passed over the chance last year, in particular in the draft. Now he has backed himself into a fairy difficult position.

two playoff berths in three years would work very well in his favor, doesn't require a QB that can take the "all the way" and it's not like we're 0-for Dak Prescott's career.  The Cowboys are not untouchable as division champs

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, MrJL said:

two playoff berths in three years would work very well in his favor, doesn't require a QB that can take the "all the way" and it's not like we're 0-for Dak Prescott's career.  The Cowboys are not untouchable as division champs

I don’t actually think Rivera sees it that way, however that is purely speculative on my part. This off season Rivera is looking for that elite tier QB.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74

There's a lot of pipe dreaming going on here.  After watching the 49ers Rams game yesterday it was blatantly apparent to me that we don't have anywhere near the talent to compete with the best teams in the NCF, let alone beat Dallas.  Flame me if you want but both of those teams would have mashed us worse then the cowboys did this year.  QB or not, we are a ways away from competing.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 3

1 hour ago, Hitman#21 said:

Jimmy G started and beat Dallas in Dallas and GB in GB, you can argue whether he had any impact in those games, but he started and won two road playoff games.

I'm in my 30's and witnessed one playoff win.

Bring in Jimmy G he's an upgrade.

Im 32. So right there with you. Tired of having mediocre seasons. Losing doesnt matter to me any more. Swing big. Fail big or succeed big. 

21 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

There's a lot of pipe dreaming going on here.  After watching the 49ers Rams game yesterday it was blatantly apparent to me that we don't have anywhere near the talent to compete with the best teams in the NCF, let alone beat Dallas.  Flame me if you want but both of those teams would have mashed us worse then the cowboys did this year.  QB or not, we are a ways away from competing.

you do realize we beat the Cowboys in 2020 and while they didn't have Prescott, next year Prescott could be missing many of his weapons

3 minutes ago, MrJL said:

you do realize we beat the Cowboys in 2020 and while they didn't have Prescott, next year Prescott could be missing many of his weapons

Why does beating Dallas a season ago when they didn’t have a QB matter? Feels like focusing on technical minutiae for no reason, just to argue. The point is that without a QB we can’t compete with the better teams in a larger sample size. Not that we’ll never upset better teams here and there. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

SF barely made it into the playoffs themselves. Let’s not overrate them. I’ll give you LA though. You’d be surprised what a good QB can do for this team. With a good QB, we probably beat Philly both times and at least make the playoffs.

Ask Odell what a good QB can do. Baker was so bad he had people convinced he was washed. 

Edited by No Nonsense

4 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Totally in agreement that we need another receiving weapon. Quite a few options in free agency, even at TE which I would personally look to upgrade in terms of receiving capability. 

But my God, Trubisky/Mariota etc are going to be one hell of a letdown to me at this stage. I would rather go all in by moving up the draft aggressively for our QB #1 on the board.

Although these things all need to dovetail as well be very unappealing in free agency with no decent QB on the roster. We would more than likely have to do an early trade up in the draft.

We are a team owned by Dan. Expect to be disappointed in everything we do from the name unveiling, to what we do at qb, etc..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

No hand measurement for Pickett.

If assuming he elected not to have his hand measured, then that to me is just telegraphing the fact that he has small hands. It is what it is, show what you can do on the field with an NFL size ball and not draw further attention to it. Seems like a bad decision to me if he elected not to have a hand measurement taken.

3 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I’d certainly take Mariota or Trubisky over Jimmy G too.

I’m probably felling more negative about the outlook at time progresses. We really are backed into a corner. Aside from some out of nowhere move that we don’t foresee, this is a difficult situation for Ron to put right.

You have to get a bridge qb because Heini is a bridge to nowhere. You also draft a qb with #11 or trade back up to get a lower first round pick and get a qb.

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  that was part of Garafolo's point for why Wilson should consider coming here, the roster here is decent.  We beat Cincy in Burrow's rookie year and the turning point was when Burrow got hurt. 

Cincy was 2-14 just 2 years ago.  They got a decent roster but nothing special.  Good WRs but they also break supposedly the cardnal sin as for developing a roster which is having a meh O line.  Heck the Giants whole mantra from Schoen and company now is hey of course we weren't good because we didn't have a good O line.  Cincys defense is decent but nothing crazy. 

Forgot which reporter said it but I heard more than one say insiders don't think much of Zac Taylor as a coach.  Cincy if I recall spends less on scouting than any other team.  The owner is considered super cheap.  Some would say a poorly run organization.

Yet they draft Burrow and everyhing changes.  Standig IMO said it well on his podcast today, to paraphrase him, it was no secret that Qbs win but the environment on that today has much more of an emphasis than its been in the past.  He talked about that in the context of whether McDaniels dumps Carr like he did years back to Cutler.

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/former-nfl-executive-zac-taylor-not-qualified-to-be-head-coach-of-the-bengals

Former NFL Executive: Zac Taylor 'Not Qualified to be Head Coach' of the Bengals

The 38-year-old has posted a 6-25-1 record in two seasons.

https://stripehype.com/2021/10/16/zac-taylor-torn-to-shreds-pff/

Zac Taylor gets torn to shreds in latest writeup from PFF

Screen Shot 2022-01-31 at 10.41.08 AM.png

Zac was going into the season on the hot seat. What a way to get off it.

1 hour ago, NeverSurrender said:

Ironic your name is never surrender 

• Like 1