Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Daniels is closer to Mccarthy than he is to Williams/Maye. 

I agree, Caleb is the clear #1, and then McCarthy and Daniels are really close, like a 2a, 2b situation. Then Maye is last by quite a bit.

• Haha 8
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yep in total agreement here. I can live with Maye/Daniels/Williams being a bust. But if we pass on any and they end up being a stud, that’s immediatele cause for termination.

Its because I have to acknowledge the possibility, and that it may be exasperbated by our perceived need, is why I don't want to waste capital and trade up. The 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rd could make our franchise for the next 4 years.

4 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

I agree, Caleb is the clear #1, and then McCarthy and Daniels are really close, like a 2a, 2b situation. Then Maye is last by quite a bit.

Sounds like you are quite the outlier compared to NFL scouts.

If the PFF guys are right, if you want McCarthy you got to hope they love him so much that they take him at #2

Just a reminder, PFF guys were telling everyone after the combine in 2023 they heard the Malik Willis would go top 10 in the first round and the Steelers might make a "Mahomes-like" trade for him. 😂 They started mocking him in the top 5 in every mock draft

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

Just a reminder, PFF was telling everyone after the combine in 2023 they heard the Malik Willis would go top 10 in the first round and the Steelers might make a "Mahomes-like" trade for him. 😂 They started mocking him in the top 5 in every mock draft

I remember him being mocked as high as 2 to Detroit. 2!! What a mad time that was. The media really fell in love with him after he fed a homeless guy but the guy cannot play QB at even the most rudimentary level.

• Like 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I remember him being mocked as high as 2 to Detroit. 2!! What a mad time that was. The media really fell in love with him after he fed a homeless guy but the guy cannot play QB at even the most rudimentary level.

They did! I was just looking back! When people outside of guys we know actually get information (Schefter, Rappaport, Pelissero, Allbright, Schultz) start saying they're "hearing" things, i always look back at the validity of things they've heard in the past at the combine. 

I mean 😂😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Just a reminder, PFF guys were telling everyone after the combine in 2023 they heard the Malik Willis would go top 10 in the first round and the Steelers might make a "Mahomes-like" trade for him. 😂 They started mocking him in the top 5 in every mock draft

Maybe people are BSing them, Howe and the Commanders reporters at the combine.  No way to know.

No doubt this week Daniels made grounds with the draft media.  No doubt that Maye has some buzz with some people in the combine.

It is what it is.  It doesn't matter.  It's just pass the time entertainment, that's all.  All of these people can be ridiculed based on the past.  The draft is unpredictable.

I'd guess zero chance that this team knows what they want to do in THIS moment in time.

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

They did! I was just looking back! When people outside of guys we know actually get information (Schefter, Rappaport, Pelissero, Allbright, Schultz) start saying they're "hearing" things, i always look back at the validity of things they've heard in the past at the combine. 

I mean 😂😂

When Albright said about a month ago he was thinking Maye and I posted it.  I recall you posting back to that post, some tweet he got royally wrong about a past draft.

Now he has Daniels at #2, seems like his credibility is improved again as to the draft?  

Don't get me wrong I like Albright but these guys aren't really going to come close to nailing it until closer to the draft

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Honestly I would feel safer having Wilson and drafting Marv Jr over Maye or Daniels... it's probably my paranoia knowing that we haven't drafted a winning QB in the first round since 1937.  I can't shake the feeling that we are drafting the next Daniel Jones or Trey Lance rather than Justin Herbert.

Step back from the ledge, we have a real front office structure now. That said flip a coin heads or bust - nothing to fret over.

Me I can't shake the notion Maye's status is higher than it would be otherwise had he not been wearing a powder blue #10 and being the same height as Justin Herbert. The mind works in powerful ways and anyone that compares him to Herbert may be showing signs of being unknowingly influenced by his uniform. 

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Maybe people are BSing them, Howe and the Commanders reporters at the combine.  No way to know.

No doubt this week Daniels made grounds with the draft media.  No doubt that Maye has some buzz with some people in the combine.

It is what it is.  It doesn't matter.  It's just pass the time entertainment, that's all.  All of these people can be ridiculed based on the past.

I'd guess zero chance that this team knows what they want to do in THIS moment in time.

Oh I don't mind it being posted, its just funny looking back. I find combine time is usually the time when people who never get or spill legit insider info always get "insider info" and it more often than not turns out to be wrong. Its not just the PFF guys, every year its the same thing

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Haha 1

I'm curious to see what Fields return is to the Bears when they trade him. After 2 years in the league I think we can safely argue that Sam Howell is at least equal to but likely ahead of where Fields was after 2 seasons. I know Fields was a 1st round pick but I don't think that'll matter much. If teams want Howell I'd say they have to at least match what the Bears get for Justin Fields, in other words, I hope we value Sam as much as the Bears get for Fields. And I'm in no hurry to trade Slingin Sam.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Oh I don't mind it being posted, its just funny looking back. I find combine time is usually the time when people who never get or spill legit insider info always get insider info and it more often than not turns out to be wrong. Its not just the PFF guys, every year its the same thing

Willis was big with the draft media period.  I'll give Simins had had him in the first but he didn't think he was a top half first rounder like he felt about Corral.  

They clearly got it wrong with Willis.  but in their defense I get it.  You are betting on traits.  He had a big arm and can run like the wind.

Daniels is talking at the combine now. Other top 2 QBs to follow soon after.

3 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Simms always going out on a limb...he might have Bo Nix at 3?

Couldn’t agree more. My guy Nix :ols:

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Willis was big with the draft media period.  I'll give Simins had had him in the first but he didn't think he was a top half first rounder like he felt about Corral.  

They clearly got it wrong with Willis.  but in their defense I get it.  You are betting on traits.  He had a big arm and can run like the wind.

I am moreso referring to people who claimed they heard teams were big on him at the combine and there was no way he wasn't going round 1 lol. 

7 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

Simms always going out on a limb...he might have Bo Nix at 3?

yeah I was expecting Nix or Rattler or something like that from Simms, he likes to go funky like he did with Mond years back.

I don't always agree wiith him.  He gets some right some wrong.  He like anyone could be praised or roasted depending on the draft.

But he's entertaining.  And I'll give him he's funky on every position.  I recall being a bit hyped because of how hyped he was on Percy Butler.  I watched his takes after we took him and thought we got a stud.  Butler hasn't been a stud clearly but he's not a bust either.

He was also one of the rare upbeat guys about this roster over the years when he did radio segments with the local media so I like listening to him. 

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/chris-simms-vikings-kellen-mond-release-roasted/ufrlhvwhrg3iy3hjelewtdcn

Tough day for Chris Simms, who had Kellen Mond ranked above Justin Fields & Trey Lance in the pre-draft process and over Jalen Hurts on his active QB rankings. 🙃

— volt (@Go_On_Volt) August 30, 2022

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Going to be very interesting to see how Caleb’s stint at the podium goes.

I mean the podium stuff is just players being asked basic questions

"How did your interview with team x go" "Great"

"What QBs do you model your game after"

"Why did you start playing football"

Boring stuff that teams do not care about. Its mainly just for the media. 

Edited by ThatNFLChick
  • Like 1

Just now, ThatNFLChick said:

I mean the podium stuff is just players being asked basic questions

"How did your inteeview with team x go" "Great"

"What QBs do you model your game after"

"Why did you start playing football"

Boring stuff that teams do not care about. Its mainly just for the media. 

Agree.  You can see their personality though some.   And some aspects of their personality gets leaked over time as to the cmbine granted most of that is about team interviews.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I'm curious to see what Fields return is to the Bears when they trade him. After 2 years in the league I think we can safely argue that Sam Howell is at least equal to but likely ahead of where Fields was after 2 seasons. I know Fields was a 1st round pick but I don't think that'll matter much. If teams want Howell I'd say they have to at least match what the Bears get for Justin Fields, in other words, I hope we value Sam as much as the Bears get for Fields. And I'm in no hurry to trade Slingin Sam.

Have you seen Field's stats? He may or may not turn it around but there are flashes of being a great QB. It's a risk but he has a much higher ceiling than Howell currently.  

Edit: I had to look at last year for clarity instead of the career:

last year:

Howell TD/INT 21/21 YDS 3946  253  5 TDs =26 QBR 42.4

Fields:      16/9  YDS passing 2562 YDS rushing  657  4 TDs =20  46.1

Fields has played more games (40 vs 18) and has better aggregate stats but I see the argument for Howell. 

Edited by NOLA2DC
  • Thumb up 1

9 minutes ago, ThatNFLChick said:

I am moreso referring to people who claimed they heard teams were big on him at the combine and there was no way he wasn't going round 1 lol. 

I hear you.  I haven't listened to the segment you posted.  If they said this is what most are saying, that's an interesting contrast.

I don't generally believe though that these guys just make things up.  So clearly they've heard what they heard.  But things change.   Keim likes to say that all the time.  What's right this week might not be right next week -- doesn't mean it was wrong at the time.

When you got a NE Athletic reporter and 3 people who cover Washington say the same thing that these guys did, I gather there is smoke to the fire.

But does it mean anything?  Nope.  Just like whatever talking head says they prefer this guy over that guy.  It's pure entertainment.