Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Just now, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I wasn’t being literal, just saying that I don’t see Ron scapegoating team captains for a decision he made with their input.

Yeah it wasn't you, a couple people did infer that about Terry but I'm now realizing it was just a grapevine thing.

1 minute ago, redskinss said:

I heard that part but it's quite a leap to assume terry wanted wentz from that.

You think it's a leap to assume the HC saying he listened to his Captain, whos a WR about the QB position and ignored him? 

It might be an assumption, but it's certainly not a leap.

13 minutes ago, Captain James said:

Ah the Titanic...It was an old old wooden ship, used during the civil war era.

Yeah!! what's so great about the Titantic?...it fuggin sunk!!...I can build a ship right now that can sink!!...and the closest I've ever been to a shipyard is Captain D's...

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Ok, so...why would I thank you for pointing out something I already said? lol...

No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

I am confused now. When you said in the last 4 weeks. What weeks were you saying? Wouldn't it been better to just say hasn't won the last 3 games?

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

The thing that gets missed about the "arm strength" talk, is it's not just about stretching the field. It's the power on outs, the quicker the ball gets to a small hole.

It's a pass being in the air for a half second less, with less arch on it. It shrinks the field at all distances. This is missed by a lot of the Heini/Minshew guys. 

It's not that they can't throw a 20 yard out, they just make the ball more catchable for everyone involved. We're lucky to have TMac and Dotson who excel at winning those balls.

It’s also about play calling in the red zone. You have more options with a guy who can zip it.

2 minutes ago, dckey said:

Bad JuJu, but have we won a game since Wentz was activated from IR????

When did he get activated from IR? (By that, I’m not asking in a surprised way, I mean what was the date he got activated?)

yes I can probably find out myself……but still :) 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

The irony is if Wentz does help win the next two games, the next match up would be the playoffs versus Kirk.  This thread would meltdown leading to that game.  

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

It’s also about play calling in the red zone. You have more options with a guy who can zip it.

Yep tight window throws is a much bigger deal in the red zone.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I think Howell would benefit sitting the rest of this season and focusing on improving as an NFL quarterback.  I am not sure if Wentz can fix his accuracy issues but maybe he can ball out these last two weeks to find a possible trade partner this off-season…I doubt this happens though.  

Next pre-season should be interesting at the QB position.

17 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

You think it's a leap to assume the HC saying he listened to his Captain, whos a WR about the QB position and ignored him? 

It might be an assumption, but it's certainly not a leap.

I thought he said captains and I didn't recall anything mentioned about what position they played, but then again I didn't see the press conference I'm going strictly off what I've read here.

I honestly don't know what got said and was curious. 

53 minutes ago, KDawg said:

The fact people think Heinicke is a better QB than Wentz is wild. More feisty? Yes. Ice cold in clutch situations. Usually. Slippery? Yes. Heinicke has all of that over Wentz. But that’s not how you win in the playoffs. You have to have the ability to be quick strike at any moment. Not once a game. But literally at any time. That’s where Wentz, his experience and his arm is superior.

Wentz may take more sacks. That’s the trade off for the quick strike ability. 

The question with Wentz is: can he quick strike enough to win.

Were going to find out the answer soon.

Wentz looked great in the limited time against the 49ers. Maybe his time on the bench was the kick in the butt he needed plus he hasn’t been in this type of offense before so the extra time couldn’t have hurt. I love Heinicke but he should have been benched after the Giants tie during the bye. Wentz looked like a legit NFL qb. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, zCommander said:

I am confused now. When you said in the last 4 weeks. What weeks were you saying? Wouldn't it been better to just say hasn't won the last 3 games?

I'm saying the last time the team won with Heinicke behind center was 4 weeks ago. It would be no different than saying the last time we saw the offense look potent with Wentz was 14 weeks ago. It indicates how much time has passed since we've witnessed something.

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

I thought he said captains and I didn't recall anything mentioned about what position they played, but then again I didn't see the press conference I'm going strictly off what I've read here.

I honestly don't know what got said and was curious. 

Terry isn't a captain? My bad if not. 

19 minutes ago, zCommander said:

3 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

I'm saying the last time the team won with Heinicke behind center was 4 weeks ago. It would be no different than saying the last time we saw the offense look potent with Wentz was 14 weeks ago. It indicates how much time has passed since we've witnessed something.

WTF is wrong with you two? 

• Thumb up 1