Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official QB Thread- JD5 taken #2. Randall 2.0 or Bayou Bob? Mariotta and Hartman forever. Fromm cut

Koolblue13

Most recent J.T. O'Sullivan video on Pickett from today. Main takeaways:

- Great footwork, fundamentals

- Really good outside of the pocket when plays break down

- Very accurate, especially when driving the ball on timing routes outside the numbers

- Seems to get confused too easily by disguised coverages

- Multiple times he completely misses safeties

- Misses hot reads/open guys too often when defense brings heat

Arm talent is a wash. Certainly not elite but not bad, and his good technique/base helps him there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, method man said:

If they strike out on Watson and Carr and it looks like they'd have to give up a boatload to move up to grab Willis, a smart play may be to flip the 2nd round pick for Love & trade this year's first for a 2nd and a future first and another Day 2 or Day 3 pick.

You then get to see if Love can be the guy. If not, you'll have 2 1sts to move up to grab Stroud or Bryce Young in 2023 or you have the assets to trade for Carr if he hits the market then

We definitely need to be calling GB about Love.  There is no need for them to have a 1st round qb that won't see a second contract with them rotting on their bench.  Give them a 2nd so they can draft a wr, they won't have cap space to get anything significant in free agency.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Most recent J.T. O'Sullivan video on Pickett from today. Main takeaways:

- Great footwork, fundamentals

- Really good outside of the pocket when plays break down

- Very accurate, especially when driving the ball on timing routes outside the numbers

- Seems to get confused too easily by disguised coverages

- Multiple times he completely misses safeties

- Misses hot reads/open guys too often when defense brings heat

Arm talent is a wash. Certainly not elite but not bad, and his good technique/base helps him there.

I think if Pickett there at 11 take him and go with him load up the rest of team ay other spots. If we can't get Watson or Carr.

3 hours ago, zCommander said:

Grant on the radio just now: They way things are looking right now it will be Heinicke leading the boys out of the tunnel on day 1. 

This is why I can't stand Paulsen. Free Agency hasn't started and he's spouting this crap. What an asshole.

4 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Pickett is....fine. He'll never be an elite franchise elevating superstar but I could see him having a solid ~10 year career similar to a Joe Flacco type. And Flacco did win a ring.

This sounds like you're settling.   Don't ever settle if you want the best in life.   This is why we are in QB purgatory for so long,  we keep doing this!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Can we please stop with this "nobody wants to come to Washington" nonsense?    If Seattle was in the AFC, Wilson would be a Skin.

That’s wishful thinking. Why would a qb want to play for a defensive head coach and all the negative press? 

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Can we please stop with this "nobody wants to come to Washington" nonsense?    If Seattle was in the AFC, Wilson would be a Skin.

It really isn't nonsense though. We have the worst owner in the NFL, the stench of ongoing investigations into a cancerous culture of sexual harassment, and probably the worst facilities in the entire NFL as well.

Rivera coming here has helped rebuild our reputation a bit, but there are only so many cans of polish you can use up on a turd.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

2 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Wilson also preferred Denver. Like Stafford preferred LA last year.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I'm feeling some sour grapes, so let's put things in perspective: Russell Wilson has as many Super Bowl wins as Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco. The last time Russell Wilson won a Super Bowl, The Forehead was still in his prime.

Russell Wilson is washed up my dudes. B)

• Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

We definitely need to be calling GB about Love.  There is no need for them to have a 1st round qb that won't see a second contract with them rotting on their bench.  Give them a 2nd so they can draft a wr, they won't have cap space to get anything significant in free agency.

Why in the world would do that trade?He wouldn’t beat anyone on our roster right now.Wouldn’t waste a 2nd rd pick for him.Hard pass on Love.

2 hours ago, Franklin60 said:

That was an insane package the Broncos gave up. Y'all should be happy your team didn't give up a comparably insane amount. I would have loved for the Eagles to get Wilson, but I would never have come close to making that deal.

When we look back on it, it will be worth it for the broncos.   They went from a below average team to a legit SB contender with this one move.   #9 overall will be a quality player, but next year's first will be a late pick.   Harris is older, fant will be replaced by Albert o, and the rest of the picks could easily be JAGS.  We should know better than anyone that if you have an opportunity to get an elite QB, you pounce, and the broncos will reap the benefits just like the rams just did.  Does anyone think the rams are losing any sleep over not having the 32nd pick this year?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep.  So we might be contending with rumored Lions, Panthers, Broncos before we pick and another team like the Falcons, Steelers could move up ahead of us.  We might have to move up to get the guy we want.  I think RR and Co. needs to make an offer for Carr and get him.  He shouldn't cost as much as Wilson.  Get er' done, RR.  Make Carr.  Commander Carr! :)  

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Worst stadium? Yes. Worst field? I don't think so. This past offseason, didn't the team completely rip out the field down to the studs and replace everything (drainage, irrigation, turf, etc)? I thought the field held up pretty well this season; certainly better than in years past.