Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington at The Third Forgotten NY Football Team

TK

27 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

He literally set a prototypical basketball pick, full standstill, in the middle of the field with his hands down below his belt. Nothing you do in football lol. That’s a rub route, it still gets called sometimes but you have to keep running your route and be more subtle as you redirect the guy trailing McLaurin. He for real set a basketball pick instead lol that’s gonna get called all the time 

I know exactly what he did but the point I am trying to make is that in a game that is starting to turn into a blow out do you really have to make that call? Fans want to see a decent game. Nothing is worse than a game where there are penalties called on every play that calls back a good gain.

8 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Then he should consider a career change. the defensive game plan was a failure and 3rd downs have been a failure all year.

Reminds me of what was said on the pregame show, I think FOX, Rex Ryan was asked by the other guy something like "Hey Ron Rivera, he runs the same 4 or 5 man front rush just like your Dad did with those Bears teams Rivera played on"

Ryans reply was that the Redskins play the basic version, nothing close to as sophisticated as what Buddy Ryan ran with the Bears. He said that the Bills were going to feast on this defense.

• Sad 2

Just now, SkinsFTW said:

Reminds me of what was said on the pregame show, I think FOX, Rex Ryan was asked by the other guy something like "Hey Ron Rivera, he runs the same 4 or 5 man front rush just like your Dad did with those Bears teams Rivera played on"

Ryans reply was that the Redskins play the basic version, nothing close to as sophisticated as what Buddy Ryan ran with the Bears. He said that the Bills were going to feast on this defense.

Our players are too dumb to run anything complicated 

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Three weeks in a row our interior rush is getting home or close but we get nickled and dimed an QBs hit a ton of quick passes. Make it stop. That is how we get beat. Make them beat us deep and start hitting the QB. It's every week. It was last year. 

I think we need to roll the dice bring the heat and play tight man. Its a death sentence to rush 4 and be in zone game in and game out.

If I had a dollar for every time i heard someone say we have to sustain a drive on offense to let our defense rest... here is a little secret. We are gassing our own D with an un-aggressive approach on D as teams just drive up and down the field all day on us.  Even though I contend these guys dont need rest.

The kicker on an aggressive D - if we get burned on a big play our D remains fresh to live another day if fatigue determines wins and losses.  Dont attack aggressively all day but at least show it and back off... have we even made a QB have to call out a blitz pickup once this year? We know we havent made them audible since they know the D they will face. The Team D from 1975.

I could copy paste this post pretty much after every loss from all but the Haslet years.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

I think we need to roll the dice bring the heat and play tight man. Its a death sentence to rush 4 and be in zone game in and game out.

If I had a dollar for every time i heard someone say we have sustain a drive on offense to let our defense rest... here is a little secret. We are gassing our own D with an un-aggressive approach on D as teams just drive up and down the field all day on us.  Even though I contend these guys dont need rest.

The kicker on an aggressive D - if we get burned on a big play our D remains fresh to live another day.  Dont attack aggressively all day but at least show it and back off... have we even made a QB have to call out a blitz pickup once this year? We know we havent made them audible since they know the D they will face. The Team D from 1975.

I could copy paste this post pretty much after every loss from all but the Haslet years.

Hasletts D could occasionally bring pressure and force takeaways. And with much less investment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

If I had a dollar for every time i heard someone say we have sustain a drive on offense to let our defense rest... here is a little secret. We are gassing our own D with an un-aggressive approach on D as teams just drive up and down the field all day on us.  Even though I contend these guys dont need rest.

The kicker on an aggressive D - if we get burned on a big play our D remains fresh to live another day.  Dont attack aggressively all day but at least show it and back off... have we even made a QB have to call out a blitz pickup once this year? We know we havent made them audible since they know the D they will face.

Allen is great against the blitz. That's when his numbers really rise. Our DTs were getting a ton of pressure, but the underneath stuff was there all day. Id have kept the rush the same, given up the deep ball on a day with crazy wind and had the DBs in the mix short.

7 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Buddys defense was innovative for about 5 years and only worked in Philly because they we talent packed.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

We play so much zone its hard to pinpoint whos at fault a lotta the time.

Truth is they all suck

It's not hard to see if a WR can seperate against a corner but yeah when a corner lets a WR seemingly go free and there is no safety playing behind him ala what happened on that Slayton play that's a different story. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

47 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t know what else he could say, though. If he does have a problem with it, I DON’T want him telling us.  I want him putting his boot up Jack’s ass in private.  

I think a “we evaluate everything every week, and that includes playcalling and anything the coaches are doing, especially after a game like this. We all need to look at ourselves and see what’s going on” type statement would be more inspiring than what he said. 

1 hour ago, dyst said:

They won’t get back on track unless we play awful teams/QBs like we did last year.

Yeah. I know. They're all trash and can only dominate CFL-level teams until they start beating good teams and then they will and everyone here will be all like "I love those guys" and "never doubted" and "we're so lucky to have them" wash, rinse, repeat blah blah blah. 

2 minutes ago, zskins said:

The BUCS are getting owned right now by Stafford and company. Anyone can have a bad game. Any given Sunday. 

Let's see if this **** wakes up Ron and Del Rio and the turd making D.

I mean, the Bucs and Brady have the benefit of the doubt (as in, “one loss, i doubt they’re a bad team”) whereas us, we don’t, because losing is all we do. So people watch us lose and they’re like “oh, ok. Expected that” 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

The BUCS are getting owned right now by Stafford and company. Anyone can have a bad game. Any given Sunday. 

Let's see if this **** wakes up Ron and Del Rio and the turd making D.

The difference is the Bucs just won a Super Bowl and is 2-0 and are considered one of the best teams in the NFL. We don’t have just one bad week. Bad weeks are the norm for the WFT. 

• Thanks 1

I know its not cool to think about next week.  And heck I vented as much as anyone during the game thread so I don't blame anyone for their angst.  But once the game started getting out of hand i was rooting for a rout.  My take is this:  the fatman is more likely to change their diet after a heart attack.

Seems like most blame this on Del Rio.  For me i blame this in part on the arrogance of the players.  They were full of themselves all training camp -- with them talking up about being the best defensive, will set records on and on.  I think they got big headed.  And I was dissappointed how dismissive they were of thier poor performance against the Giants.  You'd think we won the SB the way some of them acted after the Giants game.

Look maybe they truly stink.  Maybe it is all on Del Rio.  I don't know.  But I do agree with Rivera's statement below which is how do they respond next week?  We've gotten whipped in every coaching regime, the Monday Night massacre under Shanny, The Pats destroyed us during the Gibbs 2 regime, the Saints game during Gruden's era, etc.  Lets see what happens next?

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, the Bucs and Brady have the benefit of the doubt (as in, “one loss, i doubt they’re a bad team”) whereas us, we don’t, because losing is all we do. So people watch us lose and they’re like “oh, ok. Expected that” 

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

The difference is the Bucs just won a Super Bowl and is 2-0 and are considered one of the best teams in the NFL. We don’t have just one bad week. Bad weeks are the norm for the WFT. 

I get that. What I am saying hopefully the **** show we had hopefully wakes up the coaches and the players. Good teams have bad days too. We just need to do better than what has happened so far. 

7 minutes ago, El Mexican said:

This supposedly stout D just gave up almost 500 yards to the Bills.

Something's not right. I sense it's a vax-related issue.

What could that issue be though? Defense not playing hard enough as a way of saying “**** you” to rivera for his comments back in late July/early August? 

14 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Hasletts D could occasionally bring pressure and force takeaways. And with much less investment.

I think Greg Blache D was better. He didn't give a **** about getting picks and said so as well. He was more interested in shutting down the opposing offenses instead. 

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Watching this Rams Bucs game it's obvious why Stafford went there and why Rodgers won't come here.

Yeah I wanted Stafford bad.  Uber talented.  It saddens me to read that story from Mike Silver about how the WFT thought they'd land Stafford but were thwarted.

The problem IMO with this team being a destination spot:

A.  Been a loser forever.

B.  Dan is the worst owner in the NFL

C. Worst stadium

D.  Worst facilities

E. Known to be cheap compared to other organizations in terms of player frills

F.  All the baggage of being classless

In short, this might be the worst destination spot in the NFL. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumb up 2