Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

All things defense

ThomasRoane

4 minutes ago, ddub52 said:

I guess Lebron James is selfish for getting covid too 

LOL. He's selfish for many other reasons, that not being one of them.

25 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Dang the hits keep coming. If Davis is out for this game our weakness on D gets even more glaring, wishing him good health and a speedy recovery.

If Collins can't go, they have major problems.

Edited by Tedskins 21
they not we, I am not on the team
  • Thumb up 2

Just now, Tedskins 21 said:

LOL. He's selfish for many other reasons, that not being one of them.

Idk man, depends on his actions and what he did to contract covid. If not getting vaxed is selfish, then not taking other preventive measures to minimize the risk of contraction/spread must be considered selfish too, right? 

• Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, Luca Brasi said:

Lebron didn’t get Covid. 

Last I read he had tested positive. I guess it must have been a false positive. Either way, breakthrough cases happen. I won’t be mad at players for choosing what they feel is best for themselves

• Like 2

It would be silly to cut Sweat for testing positive for COVID.  He'll have natural immunity now.  Less of a risk in the future.  I'd be willing to bet these athletes get monoclonal antibodies. I'm 59, stage four cancer survivor.  Went thru Stem Cell transplant in 2019.  Had both Pfizer shots in May of this year.  Got COVID anyways in September.  My oncologist got me a monoclonal antibody infusion and the next day I was working out again.  (Two hour workout)  So, I'm sure a 20 something professional athlete won't have any trouble coming back from COVID.  Most people who die from it either have a compromised immune system or were in bad health before they caught it.  I wouldn't move on from Sweat for that.  I wouldn't pay a lot of $ to keep him either if he doesn't prove that he can be a consistent disruptor.  But for catching a disease because he was unvaccinated?  Hell no I'm not cutting him for that.  

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 4

So serious question here... Now that he has caught covid will he get the vaccine? His statement previously seemed to indicate if he caught it he would get vaccinated.

If a player has covid they have natural immunity similar to what they would have after getting the vaccine. However as far as the league is concerned he still is not vaccinated and will be treated that way going forward. (I could be wrong just my interpretation.)

It would benefit him and the team to get the vaccine in that case.

20 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

So serious question here... Now that he has caught covid will he get the vaccine? His statement previously seemed to indicate if he caught it he would get vaccinated.

If a player has covid they have natural immunity similar to what they would have after getting the vaccine. However as far as the league is concerned he still is not vaccinated and will be treated that way going forward. (I could be wrong just my interpretation.)

I think he has since been educated that that is not how vaccination works.  I am assuming him coming back from it with no issues will empower his decision to not be vaccinated, but I could be wrong.  Getting vaccinated obviously makes his life much simpler moving forward.  All we can do is wait and see what happens.

• Thumb up 1

52 minutes ago, OMacAttack said:

Why? Natural immunity > the vaccine.  If I hadn't contracted COVID my oncologist would have recommended a booster later on.  Now?  He says I'm good to go.  Didn't even need a flu shot after the monoclonal infusion.  

People need to stop moving the goal post on this.  It's really silly.  

• Like 4

Cunningham was a good player. Not sure what happened in Houston this year. From what I read there were some disciplinary issues, but it could just be playing for that dog doo doo franchise brings out the worst in everyone. He'd definitely be an upgrade for us at LB.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Cunningham was a good player. Not sure what happened in Houston this year. From what I read there were some disciplinary issues, but it could just be playing for that dog doo doo franchise brings out the worst in everyone. He'd definitely be an upgrade for us at LB.

Hear its COVID related.  More than likely won't be in for him.

Not having Jamin on Sunday is really to be tough going up against that offense.  Holcomb was targeted almost all day by the Raiders.  Who knows how Dal@ss is going to exploit this LB corps without Davis.  Here's hoping JDR can scheme something up with Mayo and Hudson so they can be successful.

Edited by SAli457180
  • Thumb up 1

11 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

Not having Jamin on Sunday is really to be tough going up against that offense.  Holcomb was targeted almost all day by the Raiders.  Who knows how Dal@ss is going to exploit this LB corps without Davis.  Here's hoping JDR can scheme something up with Mayo and Hudson so they can be successful.

Hudson is out. Jamin isn't definitively out yet, but obviously a concussion doesn't look good.

Edited by Tedskins 21

It's not that I per se prefer zone over man coverage.  but again, it seems like whenever the defense has a bad game there are some crying for more man coverage.  To counter point that, great receivers and some great QBs love playing against man.  Man coverage isn't some blanket panacea.   One more example of that below

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's not that I per se prefer zone over man coverage.  but again, it seems like whenever the defense has a bad game there are some crying for more man coverage.  To counter point that, great receivers and some great QBs love playing against man.  Man coverage isn't some blanket panacea.   One more example of that below

Its situational. You never want to play one defense all game long or offenses adjust, and in today's NFL with the rule changes and the depth of talent at WR across the board playing man can get you in trouble. But against certain plays you're better running tight press man, like for example if you're blitzing, play tight press man and jam the receivers to buy your rushers that extra second to get to the QB.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Its situational. You never want to play one defense all game long or offenses adjust, and in today's NFL with the rule changes and the depth of talent at WR across the board playing man can get you in trouble. But against certain plays you're better running tight press man, like for example if you're blitzing, play tight press man and jam the receivers to buy your rushers that extra second to get to the QB.

I agree. 

Teams statistically speaking in today's NFL play more zone than man, I presume because of the proliferation of good receivers in the league and the push to stop big plays.  Seattle years back went to a heavy cover 3 scheme -- 3 deep, 4 underneath zone.   I haven't looked recently but i know for one season cover 3 was the most popular coverage in the league.  I've noticed in the NFL this season cover 2 -- Tampa 2 as well is big time in vogue especially against the top QBs.

I get for example the emphasis on William Jackson playing more man.   But its not like any corner plays exclusively man.  You got to be able to play both because as you said you don't want to play one defense the whole game.  I don't think a corner can be a lost puppy whenever you switch to zone.   And to Jackson's credit he's played better lately and some of that is playing better in zone. 

My point is i notice sometimes over the years when the defense struggles there is a cry for man coverage and a heavy blitz scheme.  My point is that isn't typically the easy panacea that some bill it to be.  If it were Jim Haslett would be in the Hall of Fame. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

20 hours ago, SAli457180 said:

Yes, the raiders mismatched renfrow against holcomb. I don’t see any ILBs shutting that down. And on the TD holcomb “gave up” he couldn’t have been in any better coverage.

I believe I read that Hudson is out.

1 minute ago, CTskin said:

Yes, the raiders mismatched renfrow against holcomb. I don’t see any ILBs shutting that down. And on the TD holcomb “gave up” he couldn’t have been in any better coverage.

I believe I read that Hudson is out.

Yeah, on that play Holcomb had him shut down and we couldn't get Carr down, so he moved out of the pocket and when Holcomb turned around to find Renfrow that's when the pass came. Not much you can do about that without a pass rush.

• Thanks 1