Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: 2021 SUPERBOWL - RAMS VS. BENGALS!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah for real. You have to factor in risk/reward as well. Even if you convert, you're still at your own 25 yard line. And if you don't, you're guaranteed giving up points. Its just bad value.

Yes. I suppose I'm grateful that the announcers didn't bring up "analytics" because there was nothing analytical about that decision.  

• Like 1

Just now, Renegade7 said:

I'm jus now seeing score of the Rams 49ers game, how the hell did LA choke that away? Ouch.

Rams went full spread before half time on 3rd and foot got sacked which then led to a FG to make it 17-3 which swung all the momentum as 9ers score back to back TDs.  LA got the lead back (Interception in the endzone leading to a TD) but 9ers tied it back up (Karma as Jimmy got whacked in the head on the interception in the endzone.) then won with FG and interception in OT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, abdcskins said:

Staley has been pretty stubborn this year going for it on fourth down. There was a game a few weeks ago where he went for it like 5 times and left tons of points off the board. He seems like the type of person who refuses to ever compromise. Bad coach.

That game was against a KC team that came in red hot, so I think he deserves some slack on that one for thinking they weren't going to beat Mahomes with FGs. As it turned out, they probably would have, but I give him the benefit of the doubt that he had decided to go for broke in that situation. They made a couple of those 4th downs, btw. 

Bisaccia was seriously considering throwing the challenge flag.

Reluctantly he decides not to.

But he does decide to take a timeout.

So why didn't he just challenge it ?

Either way you use and get a timeout as a worst case scenario, but if you challenge it, at least there's a chance for the TD

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Bisaccia was seriously considering throwing the challenge flag.

Reluctantly he decides not to.

But he does decide to take a timeout.

So why didn't he just challenge it ?

Either way you use and get a timeout as a worst case scenario, but if you challenge it, at least there's a chance for the TD

The only down side is you lose a challenge. But in the last minute of the 3rd quarter, the odds that you're going to need to use two challenges before the 2 minute warning are really slim. 

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The only down side is you lose a challenge. But in the last minute of the 3rd quarter, the odds that you're going to need to use two challenges before the 2 minute warning are really slim. 

Right. I had that in mind. But with the game in its current scenario, it was probably unlikely they would need 2 more challenges

33 minutes ago, BleedBNG said:

Yeah, I'm just surprised we beat them

I'm not. We were a lot healthier that game, than we were during our losing streak to end the season.

Against the Raiders, we had Logan Thomas, who had a score that game (the difference in the game, too). On defense we had William Jackson that game, and perhaps others.

When the 2021 team was relatively healthy, we were a force to be reckoned with. That was evident during our healthy 4-0 streak, too. 

• Like 1