Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Roster Thread or similar ;)

KDawg

3 minutes ago, Alcoholic Zebra said:

I don't believe so.  I think he got hurt pretty early in training camp.  Don't know the severity, but he's still on the sideline not doing much.

My guess is he gets IR'd, ending his season but stashing him for next year.

But to go on IR, a player has to make the 53-man roster first. So if they want to put him on IR for the year, they'd have to keep him on cutdown day, and after the smoke clears, put him on IR to clear a roster spot, and then sign someone else to fill that spot.

38 minutes ago, Franklin60 said:

But to go on IR, a player has to make the 53-man roster first. So if they want to put him on IR for the year, they'd have to keep him on cutdown day, and after the smoke clears, put him on IR to clear a roster spot, and then sign someone else to fill that spot.

I think that's how it used to work.  I don't think it works like that anymore.

The Jaguars just put their 1st round RB on IR, ending his season.  If that guy (or anyone else) were to come back from IR during the season, they have to be active on the roster at some point (so cutdown day).  But since he went on IR before cutdown day, he can't be brought back.

If anyone knows more (or better) chime in.

• Thumb up 1

If a player goes on IR before the 53 man cutdown, they are out for the year. Only way they play this season is if they cut an injury settlement and go sign with another team.

If a player makes the 53 then gets put on IR, thanks to covid rules they can be added back to the roster after a couple weeks. At least 3 I think.

I don't believe they can participate very much until you bring them off of IR, so at some point you gotta give em a roster spot or PS squad him.

If the Jags don't wait and IR Travis right now, he is not playing for the Jags this season. and of course, they would not give him an injury settlement and let him walk.

If they fit him onto the 53, they can then put him on IR and call him up later in the year when healed, which would make sense to do if this was like a 3 month injury timetable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Califan007 said:

The talk a few months ago about Fitzpatrick throwing high and that's why he likes tall receivers...is that turning out to be accurate?

It's a narrative started by Fitz himself.  He didn't say his throws sail but he talked about liking to throw to tall receivers.

Watching in training camp, yeah if Fitz's accuracy was off it was often high and indeed he liked to throw the ball up to tall dudes in particular Logan Thomas. 

14 hours ago, moondog said:

I wouldn’t overreact. We’ll keep who we need to keep. Sims is Beasley insurance, especially since he won’t get vaccinated and given how much Allen loves to go to his slot receiver. 

Not sure who is overreacting.  Definitely not me.  I was in the cut Steve Sims camp.   the point is if Sims is snapped up, decent chance so will Milne if we tried to sneak him on to the practice squad. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

I used to think the Browns or maybe the Bears were the most snakebitten organization at the QB spot but i am thinking we might have that honor now.  If there was a Espn 30 for 30 special on an organization failing at QB and doing so somewhat dramatically -- I think we'd have the honors.

If Mac works out, another lesson I think in everything being equal to pay attention to work ethic hype when prospects are described for better or worse.  Mac was the dude highlighted a lot on that front before the recent draft.  In contrary for example, a dude like Josh Rosen was questioned on that front -- and look at him now.   Terry exceeded expectations, he's another dude who was highllighted before the draft for work ethic.  On and on and on. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Sad 1

Just a question for those that think Milne will get picked up from our PS!!!  What has he done outside of practice that other teams that passed on him doing the draft would change their minds?  Has he flashed during any preseason game?  I haven't seen that!!!  Do the other teams have film of our practices where he is having a good camp?  Comparing him to Sims, who actually performed on Game days, to someone who nobody has any film on!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, dckey said:

Just a question for those that think Milne will get picked up from our PS!!!  What has he done outside of practice that other teams that passed on him doing the draft would change their minds?  Has he flashed during any preseason game?  I haven't seen that!!!  Do the other teams have film of our practices where he is having a good camp?  Comparing him to Sims, who actually performed on Game days, to someone who nobody has any film on!!!

Are you okay? That’s a lot of exclamation points.

NFL teams can read practice reports as well as we can, and we already told the entire NFL that we like Milne more than Steven Sims. So…

A player has to be waived to then sign onto the PS. That’s the process Milne has to “survive” to end up there. It’s not just a designation we place, and then we can pull him up onto the 53 if someone tries to steal him. We have to relinquish control over his fate first and then cross our fingers as he passes through waivers. So it just depends how comfortable we are with that. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
  • Haha 8

25 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Are you okay? That’s a lot of exclamation points.

NFL teams can read practice reports as well as we can, and we already told the entire NFL that we like Milne more than Steven Sims. So…

A player has to be waived to then sign onto the PS. That’s the process Milne has to “survive” to end up there. It’s not just a designation we place, and then we can pull him up onto the 53 if someone tries to steal him. We have to relinquish control over his fate first and then cross our fingers as he passes through waivers. So it just depends how comfortable we are with that. 

I'm great!!!! 🤣🤣🤣 I'm just not sold that Milne is so sought after by GMs because of tweets from beat writers and there is no actual game film that shows all of these great attributes outside of college which landed him in the 7th round.  Now I understand we will have to battle other teams to get him to the PS, but still many have stated that he would land on a teams 53 with based off of practice reports.  Just don't see it IMO!!!!!!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Had to add some extra exclamation points

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Peyton Barber is special…

I suspect the coaches like him because he's assignment correct and knows what to do when.  If it's well blocked and he can hit one of the gaps to the playside, he's fine.  If there's backfield penetration he lacks jump cuts or quick feet to evade and get back to the play.

He can't reverse and cut back across everything if the blocking isn't there.

Maybe they've got some internal stats showing ypc and success rate on run plays that are well blocked?  I imagine he looks ok there.  It's just the other stuff is usually a no-gainer.

2 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Wilson MIGHT end up being the best drafted QB in the 2021 class.

To me he's Heinicke on steroids.  He has even more elusiveness than Heinicke.   Heinicke though doesn't have a strong arm, Wilson has a rocket.

Part of me out of jealousy is rooting against him.    The Jets and the Bears are typically with us as for being in the QB wilderness.   WFT might be the one team left in that small club that can't ever seem to find a young franchise QB. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Think Hemmingway and Seals are gone and Wilson stays.  Reyes gets stashed on the PUP list (slick way of retaining him as he learns).

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To me he's Heinicke on steroids.  He has even more elusiveness than Heinicke.   Heinicke though doesn't have a strong arm, Wilson has a rocket.

Part of me out of jealousy is rooting against him.    The Jets and the Bears are typically with us as for being in the QB wilderness.   WFT might be the one team left in that small club that can't ever seem to find a young franchise QB. 

Could be SIP but think TH has just enough, just enough arm to get the job done however a franchise QB is needed.  Who is available in the draft and how much we're willing to give up and where we draft all play factors as you know and there's also the "could be dreaded route" of trading for a vet.  Yikes.  LOL.  :)  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Think Hemmingway and Seals are gone and Wilson stays.  Reyes gets stashed on the PUP list (slick way of retaining him as he learns).

Hemingway is gone.  As for Seals, don't know.  Watching him closely in the last game, don't love him, don't hate him -- he looks to me better than our backup TEs last year like Sprinkle but granted that's a low bar.  As for Wilson, I'd presume he has to show something on Saturday but don't know.

In a recent Keim podcast, he seemed to imply if I understood him that its possible that they just go with 3 TEs.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Hemingway is gone.  As for Seals, don't know.  Watching him closely in the last game, don't love him, don't hate him -- he looks to me better than our backup TEs last year like Sprinkle but granted that's a low bar.  As for Wilson, I'd presume he has to show something on Saturday but don't know.

In a recent Keim podcast, he seemed to imply if I understood him that its possible that they just go with 3 TEs.

Think Wilson shines if he gets the opportunity to play the last game in meaningful minutes.  Again, Reyes to PUP.  Thoughts?  :)