Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Yeah. I took Robinson at 71 in our ES draft for Chicago. I am curious to see how long he lasts for sure. 

I don't have the opportunity to pick in the top half much in the rounds so am not getting many of my guys in the ES draft but I did get Calvin Austin at least. :ols:

As for Wan'dale.  I am not sure of the fit here because he's so much like Curtis Samuel.  Hybrid player.  Explosive.  I've been on him for months. 

'

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

This is coming from the dude who wanted to break my TV when they passed over Derwin James to take Daron Payne, while I am ok with taking Hamilton at 11 to me its not a no brainer IMO versus trading down, taking Lloyd, taking London or Wilson.  For me, I'd wrestle over the decision but I certainly wouldn't hate taking Hamilton at 11, I'd like it.

I am not a Hamilton hater. He reminds me of a bigger version of Moherig who I really dug last draft and Moherig had a good rookie year.  My issue with Hamilton is I don't see him as this transcedent safety that some mock drafters do, or see him as the best player in this draft -- to me that's hyperbole.  I think him falling to our pick makes more sense to me than him going #2 or #3 which I've seen in some mocks.  10-14 range IMO feels right for him.  1-5 to me is too early.  As for him going: 6-10, maybe.  

Yeah I'm in the same boat. If we're at 11 and it's between London, Wilson and Hamilton, that's going to be a difficult choice for me. There's no doubting that Hamilton is an excellent prospect but so are London and Wilson and I have a feeling a stud WR will have more impact for us than a S.

Between Hamilton and Lloyd is even tougher. Hamilton can probably do some of what Lloyd would bring when he's closer to the box, but Lloyd also has better size and can shed blockers. I'd probably go with Hamilton, but I do like Lloyd a lot.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Maybe in terms of being instinctive he reminds me of Moherig, but Moherig is much better in coverage. He’s kind of the back end version of Hamilton in that you can line him up all over and vary his coverage responsibilities, single high, drop down and cover the slot, 2 deep zone etc. Hamilton to me is almost the opposite of that. I think he may be the perfect buffalo nickel, but is that what I want at 11? 

The reason why I mention Moherig is IMO Hamilton's super power is being around the action, being around the ball.  I recall my overriding feeling watching Moehrig was he had really good instincts and knew where the play was headed -- I presumed because of film study.  It reminded me of why Belichick loved Ed Reed even though Reed was an opponent which was that Reed understood the chess game and would match wits with Brady.  Moherig gave me that kind of vibe as to his anticipation-recognition skills.  And IMO that's Hamilton's strength too.    In other ways they are really different.  But on that variable they remind me of each other except Moherig is a but faster and Hamilton is bigger with more length. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah I'm in the same boat. If we're at 11 and it's between London, Wilson and Hamilton, that's going to be a difficult choice for me. There's no doubting that Hamilton is an excellent prospect but so are London and Wilson and I have a feeling a stud WR will have more impact for us than a S.

Between Hamilton and Lloyd is even tougher. Hamilton can probably do some of what Lloyd would bring when he's closer to the box, but Lloyd also has better size and can shed blockers. I'd probably go with Hamilton, but I do like Lloyd a lot.

As to the local media stand point and some mock draft types we likely get panned for taking Lloyd (especially if we passed on Hamilton to do it) and conversely get liozined as geniuses for taking Hamilton.   So I think the PR boost from taking Hamilton would be a 10 out of 10 and for Lloyd it likely would be mixed at best.

But getting past that, Lloyd I think does more for this defense.  I think the domino effect of Lloyd will be greater than Hamilton -- he'd bring the best out of the other LBs, be the Alpha leader that this defense arguably lacks, adds to the pass rush, makes plays in the backfield, etc.  I think the variable that gets a bit underplayed about Lloyd is that he's a weapon and play maker against the passing game.   Lloyd had more picks last year than Hamilton did.  Some talk about Hamilton being a swiss army knife -- well so is Lloyd.  Lloyd was a safety and a WR and it shows in his play.

As for receivers, I love London (waiting though on his 40) and Wilson in particular.  So I'd be happy with them too.

I'd consider Hamilton but IMO its far from a no brainer. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

The CBS mock I’ve just looked at had Wilson going 8, Hamilton 9, Sauce 10 and then Lloyd to us at 11. If we get a good run of OL and DL/Edge early then any one of those four above do nicely. 

My slight concern going LB is that I think we can get a good one day2. See Anderson above. Wilson is the only WR I want at #11.

I’d say the key at #11 is that the pick has to get us a player significantly better than one we could get at the same position by trading back. I want a stud at #11, not just a player marginally better than one likely to available at #25 for example due to depth in the draft.

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I can definitiely see Anderson as maybe the guy in the 2nd

Gotta believe that weapon for Carson is #11 or a trade down then pick the weapon for Carson (WR).  It's down to Muma and Andersen for me in the 2nd. Starting to like him more and more. :)  

Edited by RWJ

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Saints clearly looking for a QB.  Smart trade for  Philly.  You don’t want three first rounders in a year.  Better to spread it out.  

Steelers move next, possibly.  

1 minute ago, mhd24 said:

Saints clearly looking for a QB.  Smart trade for  Philly.  You don’t want three first rounders in a year.  Better to spread it out.  

If so that's a weird trade if you're looking for a QB. Usually you'd try to go much higher than that to get your guy as you have no clue which one will be there that far down in the draft. Maybe they're planning on seeing how the top 3 shake out and then try to move up into the top 5 for a QB on draft day?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Literally posted that earlier today. 

Got to think the Saints may trade up again. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

I also saw speculation the Saints wanted to jump the Chargers to get Tackle, and still have a pick for a WR,

Although a QB would make sense particularly since they don't have a 1st in 2023 now. Unless they have plans for Jameis beyond 2022, which is certainly possible given the contract they gave him.

1 minute ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont think its qb. Sounds like OT or DT? Watch for chargers to look to move picks. We will probably get a chance to get big draft capital or a game changer at 11. 

Looks like Davis from Georgia or one of OT.

I'd take #17 and a 3rd from LAC + maybe a future 3rd or 4th. I still think that's prime Olave territory. Worst case is you take Burks or London, or trade down further and target one of the falling WRs late 1st or in the 2nd.

• Like 1

Still feels like a really odd trade to me. Usually the trades that happen before the draft are the ones to move way up high for a QB ala us for RG3 or the Niners for Lance. Stuff in the teens is usually during the draft because it all depends on who falls. Curious what the strategy there is.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Redskins 2021 said:

I dont think its qb. Sounds like OT or DT? Watch for chargers to look to move picks. We will probably get a chance to get big draft capital or a game changer at 11. 

Looks like Davis from Georgia or one of OT.

That seems like a complex trade a month out from the draft to jump LAC for a tackle. I think they are going top 5 for a QB and this was stage one. They got the jump by getting the extra first that Philly have been trying to defer out to 2023.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Still feels like a really odd trade to me. Usually the trades that happen before the draft are the ones to move way up high for a QB ala us for RG3 or the Niners for Lance. Stuff in the teens is usually during the draft because it all depends on who falls. Curious what the strategy there is.

Agree. 

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I assume the Eagles simply wanted to convert one of their 3 2022 1st round picks to a 2023 1st round pick. Smart move.

As for the Saints, I assume they want to either A) jump up for a QB, or the more likely second option, add two talented players this year to see how far they can go with Jameis. As others have speculated, an OT and WR.

We are in a beautiful position to trade down and get a bounty.  Olave on most draft boards is in the #17 - #22 range.  We've got options but the best of the WRs will be gone by #20, I'd think. Guessing here as GB will be in on a WR if they can.  

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Gotta believe that weapon for Carson is #11 or a trade down then pick the weapon for Carson (WR).  It's down to Muma and Andersen for me in the 2nd. Starting to like him more and more. :)  

Interestingly Rivera has given 2 similar interviews on this now, and OL has been his primary comment. I’d personally sign Daryl Williams in FA, but OL is clearly getting some thought.

1 minute ago, Est.1974 said:

Interestingly Rivera has given 2 similar interviews on this now, and OL has been his primary comment. I’d personally sign Daryl Williams in FA, but OL is clearly getting some thought.

I think he's thinking Williams too.  Just a matter of time before he or possibly Flowers resigns back with us.  Guessing again.  :)  1974, I really believe WR is the target and both Williams or Flowers wouldn't cost us compensatory pick(s) in 2023.  Just a thought.