Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Oh, you were serious? :ols:

If by "whack it" (brilliant analysis by the way) you mean think he'd be a good get in the third, then yes. And, if by whack it, you mean I have him 32 overall as the highest rated QB on the board, then yes.

I legit thought you were joking, though. Never thought I'd see someone pimping Pickett as a franchise savior. 

Also: His name is Ken Howell, right @Skinsinparadise? Heck of an infielder. 

Well he was the only qb taken in the 1st rd and your boy probably won’t be taken till the 3rd. Evidently the Steelers see some franchise qb in him, even though they had your other boy Mitch on the roster. 

I'm a BPA guy at heart so of course I'm going to ask a needs question.

We got a wide receiver. What other positions do you hope we hit in the draft and in what order of importance?

For me:

linebacker

guard

safety

running back

corner

3rd string QB w/potential

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

1974, I've had so many different players in my wishlist but I do like Beavers late if they go LB late.  I really like Andersen as a Swiss army knife as many have seen me post and you too more than likely.  I would love a trade down from #47 to #59, #92 (3rd) and #140 (4th) with GB.  That would be 59, 92, 98, 113, 120, 140 and that's just 2nd round through 4th. :)  

Never too late for a nice beaver!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Dont be surprised if we move up for one

Nope. Not going to happen. They are not going to move up for a QB. You don't spend all that on Wentz only to move up to get a QB. Then should have never gotten Wentz to begin with and save all that money and draft capital. 

There is no way Ron is going to cause unnecessary tension for Wentz like Philly did when they got Hurts. Ron has to be pretty stupid if he did that. 

Edited by zCommander
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I wouldn't even be opposed to taking another WR. Just stack the crap out of the position. Run lots of 4 and 5 wides.

Could take the best TE, a top 5 rated RB then add a receiver with plenty of upside day 3.

Not sure I want a receiver day 2. Calvin Austin is a fairly explosive talent though....

Just now, Jds0912 said:

Well he was the only qb taken in the 1st rd and your boy probably won’t be taken till the 3rd. Evidently the Steelers see some franchise qb in him, even though they had your other boy Mitch on the roster. 

Since when has Mitch been my boy?

He was a guy I wanted to be a bridge QB here. IE: A guy who I thought could fill the gap that was better than Heinicke.

Also, Pickett makes sense for Pittsburgh. Probably the absolute best spot he could have gone. They practice next to each other. Pittsburgh is also probably pretty damn good this year and it has a strong run game to take some pressure off of Pickett. Bull**** with you aside, I'm not the biggest Pickett fan. But, I think he is calm and composed and has a good head on his shoulders which goes along way. With Najee Harris and a run game he has less pressure to carry the offense and can focus on learning the pro game. He has a good receiving corp. as well. In wet, rainy games, where Pickett struggles, Pittsburgh can hand the ball off to Najee Harris and pick and choose their spots with Pickett. It's actually a really good fit.

Pickett made zero sense for us. Running game isn't all that strong, we aren't built to be a ball control offense at the moment. Unfamiliar with the staff. Different market and area. We just traded assets for Wentz.

If Pickett was on the board in the second/third I'd say we should consider him. Passing on him in the first was a no brainer for the Washington Commanders, though. 

7 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Could take the best TE, a top 5 rated RB then add a receiver with plenty of upside day 3.

Not sure I want a receiver day 2. Calvin Austin is a fairly explosive talent though....

Is there even a TE worth taking? I've seen McBride but I don't know much about him. Appears to be a weak class. But if there's some super athletic dude that drops I'd consider it.

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

Rivera is committed to Wentz. The only QB we might take is Strong in the 4th because he's basically gonna have to take a redshirt year anyway and it wouldn't threaten Wentz at all and even then I'm not sure.

We need an established #2 for next season. Maybe even this season if they beat TH in a back up competition. 

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Where were we getting the second from, though?

What I’m saying is that we probably could have traded down farther if we weren’t set on Dotson and gotten more in return and still gotten Watson. 

Or have accepted one of the offers to trade down again and consolidated picks. which is all presumptive. 

KDAWG, would you want Trey McBride or Kenneth Walker at 47?

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Is there even a TE worth taking? I've seen McBride but I don't know much about him. Appears to be a weak class. But if there's some super athletic dude that drops I'd consider it.

I’d preferably go late day 3 but all options are on the table I’d say. We really could go in any direction IMO.

1 minute ago, Anselmheifer said:

What I’m saying is that we probably could have traded down farther if we weren’t set on Dotson and gotten more in return and still gotten Watson. 

Or have accepted one of the offers to trade down again and consolidated picks. which is all presumptive. 

KDAWG, would you want Trey McBride or Kenneth Walker at 47?

Kinda meh on McBride at 47 given our roster construction and how high I am on John Bates.

If it's just those two left on the board?

Walker.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Kinda meh on McBride at 47 given our roster construction and how high I am on John Bates.

If it's just those two left on the board?

Walker.

Well you gotta factor in Logan Thomas is over 30 and coming off an ACL. He's also a FA in 2023. He's not really a long term option.

I like Bates but I don't think he's a 1A TE. He's more of a complimentary piece.

• Like 1