Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2022 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander
Message added by TK,

6 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

If the first 15 are heavy in LB, S, RB and QB would any of you guys double dip if Christian Watson was at 47?

With Dotson being more inside, it's something I think I would consider. 

Yes. I would consider it. I think we're kind of at a BPA situation for sure now.

There's guys currently available that I'd take over Watson.

Breece Hall

Kenny Walker

Nakobe Dean

Brandon Smith

Kyler Gordon

Travis Jones

Christian Harris 

Roger McCreary

Andrew Booth, Jr. 

Perrion Winfrey

Kenyon Green

You could sell me on Howell just because he's my top QB and I've been pounding the table for him... but I think I'd real pound the table if Howell is there in the third. Not sure what world that happens in. 

Most tempting for me right now are Booth, McCreary, Gordon, Harris, Hall... Not in any order. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, KDawg said:

You could sell me on Howell just because he's my top QB and I've been pounding the table for him... but I think I'd real pound the table if Howell is there in the third. Not sure what world that happens in. 

I would not take a QB off the table, especially if Ridder or possibly Howell are there...they have the arm they want and looked at them. I still think they wait and grab Strong with one of the picks they acquired yesterday 

I'd rather have Pitre than Brisker, especially for big nickel.  That is the dude's college position and he was a star there.  He's the only other guy than Hamilton where you really feel his presence and impact on a game from the safety position.  Big time playmaker that is very reminiscent of honey badger.

I want Dean the most though.  IMO he is London Fletcher level of instinctive and those guys translate to the NFL.

I'd be very happy with Kenny Walker though, and I like Greece Hall too.  No complaints from me if we get either.  Walker would be a huge value choice for me: +27, reminiscent of the Cosmi pick.

After Tyler Smith went, the only other highly regarded OT I've got left on my board is Raimann.  Petite-Frere is good, but not better value than RB, S, or LB.  Feels like there is going to be a pretty big gulf in OL value until the third, when it really starts picking up again.

People don't want to hear this, but there is a decent chance that QB is the overwhelming BPA today.  Four first round or fringe first round caliber guys still left, and not many teams that still need to fill the job.  If Ridder or Corral are still sitting there, it's super tempting to pick them.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Going Commando said:

I'd rather have Pitre than Brisker, especially for big nickel.  That is the dude's college position and he was a star there.  He's the only other guy than Hamilton where you really feel his presence and impact on a game from the safety position.  Big time playmaker that is very reminiscent of honey badger.

I want Dean the most though.  IMO he is London Fletcher level of instinctive and those guys translate to the NFL.

I'd be very happy with Kenny Walker though, and I like Greece Hall too.  No complaints from me if we get either.  Walker would be a huge value choice for me: +27, reminiscent of the Cosmi pick.

After Tyler Smith went, the only other highly regarded OT I've got left on my board is Raimann.  Petite-Frere is good, but not better value than RB, S, or LB.  Feels like there is going to be a pretty big gulf in OL value until the third, when it really starts picking up again.

People don't want to hear this, but there is a decent chance that QB is the overwhelming BPA today.  Four first round or fringe first round caliber guys still left, and not many teams that still need to fill the job.  If Ridder or Corral are still sitting there, it's super tempting to pick them.

We're overall on the exact same page.

This scares me.

Not because I don't think you're a good evaluator, but it's rare we are on almost the exact same wavelength.

Thank God I disagree with the idea of drafting Corral. I think I disagree with Ridder, too, but again, it's moreso because I am sold on Howell more than many.

But this disagreement keeps the universe balanced. 

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Yes. I would consider it. I think we're kind of at a BPA situation for sure now.

Breece Hall

Kenny Walker

Nakobe Dean

Brandon Smith

Kyler Gordon

Travis Jones

Christian Harris 

Roger McCreary

Andrew Booth, Jr. 

Perrion Winfrey

Kenyon Green

Most tempting for me right now are Booth, McCreary, Gordon, Harris, Hall... Not in any order. 

Kenyon Green is gone.    For me ditto on Hall and Walker, I'd like Walker a little more.  I like McCreary a lot.  Booth too but supposedly has not the best medical.  Dean big time would be my guy at 47 if he's there but not sure about his medical either.

I wouldn't like Harris or Brandon Smith.  Winfrey-Travis Jones yes -- I bet Jones goes early.

I like Pitre.  I like the energy he plays with.   Drake Jackson.  I actually would consider Tre McBride too -- he is probably one of my top 5 growers over the draft process.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Breece Hall

Kenny Walker

Nakobe Dean

Brandon Smith

Kyler Gordon

Travis Jones

Christian Harris 

Roger McCreary

Andrew Booth, Jr. 

Perrion Winfrey

Kenyon Green

If we took Kenyon Green in the second, that would be such a wasted pick…particularly because Houston already picked him.  

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Kenyon Green is gone.    For me ditto on Hall and Walker.  I like McCreary a lot.  Booth too but supposedly has not the best medical.  Dean big time would be my guy at 47 if he's there but not sure about his medical either.

I wouldn't like Harris or Brandon Smith.  Winfrey-Travis Jones yes -- I bet Jones goes early.

I like Pitre.  I like the energy he plays with.   Drake Jackson.  I actually would consider Tre McBride too -- he is probably one of my top 5 growers over the draft process.  

You're gone.

Disagree on Pitre there, but he's better than Brisker. 

I don't slot Drake Jackson in this range personally. McBride, eh. I kinda like him but I'm not sure on how he stacks up compared to the rest of the names.

I think Harris and Smith are alot better than you do. 

1 minute ago, Ball Security said:

If we took Kenyon Green in the second, that would be such a wasted pick…particularly because Houston already picked him.  

Yeah? You smell funny. 

@KDawg Indeed I may be WAY off on Dyami but it's my gut as he just didn't see enough to pencil him in as a top 4 lock esp if he's not on teams. It's a young group and foresee  Adam Humphries 2.0 (wish we kept him - he was clutch) eventually in the mix. Happy to be wrong but now see Brown as a Virgil Seay. The bust rate on WRs without 20 catches in their first year is very high (or whatever that very telling stat is).

14 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

I like Corral as a player as I've talked about to death, don't love him but like him.   With all the work I put into him i didn't even mention him as one of my guys, because of the 15 wonderlic score, combined with some have questions about his personality.

I love Ridder's personality and intangibles and athleticism but his scattershot accuracy bothers me some.

As for Howell, he throws some of the most wicked deep outs and go routes and corner routes.  But don't love his pocket presence.  His personality strikes me a little weird albeit nice guy

I could probably be talked into anyone of the three.  I did hate the idea of taking a QB with the previous number of picks but with the current run of picks...I am sort of neutral on it.  It wouldn't be my perferred route but it doesn't seem crazy.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

For the RB folks…you have Gibson and McKissic already.  Why not go after a guy like Melvin Gordon instead of spending a 2nd or 3rd round pick?  I know it’s a stopgap but there are always stopgaps each year.  You have a younger explosive guy, have a pass catcher, just need a grinder.  I know Gordon is gone but Lindsay, Booker, Murray, Darrell Williams…all still available.  All would be fine.

Im not diminishing the importance of the role, but why you gotta spend a 2 or 3 to fill it?  Especially when you already spent a 3 on Gibson?  Boggles my mind.

That was a good idea. He resigned with Denver 1 year 5 million. I would have rather they signed Gordon instead of drafting a running back.

By my count 18 of 32 1st rounders were traded by the original owners (and some of those more than once).  This includes all trades, not just draft day.   I wonder if they level of movement continues. 

The FO talked about getting more capital,  makes me wonder if their done.   I could see another 5-8 spot drop if they could add 4/5 to match the saints trade (with everything shifted a round down).  

1 minute ago, RandyHolt said:

@KDawg Indeed I may be WAY off on Dyami but it's my gut as he just didn't see enough to pencil him in as a top 4 lock esp if he's not on teams. It's a young group and foresee  Adam Humphries 2.0 (wish we kept him - he was clutch) eventually in the mix. Happy to be wrong but now see Brown as a Virgil Seay. The bust rate on WRs without 20 catches in their first year is very high (or whatever that very telling stat is).

Brown could still bust. No doubt.

But he has the talent to be viewed as a top 4 receiver on the roster as of this moment. He needs to improve this year with Wentz. No excuses at this point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

It seems what dyami was best at, his QB couldn't take advantage of.   

Maybe he busts, but maybe he was held off the field because he wasn't the best option with what they needed.   Idk at this point, but that's my hope. 

• Like 2

He's not my top want (but he's in the mix for me) at 47 but IMO McBride is the clear top TE in this draft.  

How many offenses in college run it through the TE?  1125 yards with a 3% drop rate, runs 4.56.  And the dude can block.

He comes off high character too, he's a great interview IMO. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Thank God I disagree with the idea of drafting Corral. I think I disagree with Ridder, too, but again, it's moreso because I am sold on Howell more than many.

Feels like everyone turned on Corral at some point before the draft.  I thought this board had him as our consensus QB1 when I polled the thread.  It was either him or Willis by like a single vote.  Then all of a sudden everyone dropped him and now I'm one of the only ones left who still had him highly ranked.  Just me and @Skinsinparadise it feels like.  I didn't revisit my QB takes after we traded for Wentz.  What happened?  To my eye he's the best RPO operator of the class and that fits well into the kind of run game we want.  Arm is pretty dynamic.  

I've got Howell 39 on my board, I would consider him a fairly significant value pick of +8.  The rules of BPA are different for QBs, but not entirely so.  I prefer Willis, Corral, and Ridder, but if Howell was the pick, that would be pretty exciting.  It's the kind of pick that seems wasteful right now when we're all picturing ideal outcomes with Wentz, that comes back and saves everyone's job when Wentz crashes and burns.

I also think this was a bizarre, quirky off-season for QB movement and drafting where the caliber of QB prospects available in the second round is probably not going to be this good again for a long time.  I liked Davis Mills and Kyle Trask more than most last year, but they were not as good of prospects as any of the four QBs still on the board right now.  Mills had the potential to be a high level prospect, but coming into last year's draft his resume really sucked.  A guy like Howell who has so many high level seasons of starting experience and had a first round type pedigree doesn't usually drop to 47 most years.

I think we can get a first round talent with a second round pick in a unique and fleeting window.   But I also get the point that we need to give Wentz a serious shot.  I am so tired of QB controversies anyway.  Ron and company need to get married to a QB and picking such a high upside back up to breathe down Carson's neck feels exactly like what facilitated his failure in Philly and led to their coaches getting fired.

Then again Wentz does get hurt...  His style of play is so rugged that he will always have the specter of injury hanging over him.

Tough call and I'm glad I don't have to make it.  Kind of hope there is a QB run before our pick so we don't have to be haunted by passing over any of these guys at 47.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

It seems what dyami was best at, his QB couldn't take advantage of.   

Maybe he busts, but maybe he was held off the field because he wasn't the best option with what they needed.   Idk at this point, but that's my hope. 

I keep hearing that Carson prefers or needs tall WRs but what QB doesn't like big easy to see targets. I did see Dyami go deep a few times (I thought that was his thing) but he always seemed blanketed and am not sure how we can blame that on a noodle arm QB.  I think my stat holds true, no (or extremely few) WRs with less than 20 catches in their first year went on to a productive career. A young WR has it tough when vets are in the mix and think Humphries was that guy last year.

1 hour ago, method man said:

Hamilton’s fit is actually not quite as clean in a 3-4. Remember they just made Marcus Williams the highest paid S in the league and still have Chuck Clark. 

Agree, that was being discussed on the media coverage I was following earlier.

Starting to listen to Keim's latest pod.  He said they had Dotson ahead of Burks and didn't really like Burks.  Also, they were hoping Tyler Smith (Tackle Dallas took) would be available at 47.

They could use 47 to address buffalo nickel (mentions Brisker) or draft a LB instead (Anderson is mentioned repeatedly).

Also, Mayhew said they had 3 offers to trade back again, but they didn't want to risk losing Dotson.

Edited by mhd24