Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 ES GM's Mock Draft....

COWBOY-KILLA-

10 minutes ago, Going Commando said:

He had his chance, and he took Will Mallory instead.  I was actually thinking about trying to trade up in front of him at that pick to get Willis, so I was glad when he passed on him.

That's right! I forgot about Mallory. Nice pick though GC.

Edited by Chump Bailey

1 hour ago, Going Commando said:

He had his chance, and he took Will Mallory instead.  I was actually thinking about trying to trade up in front of him at that pick to get Willis, so I was glad when he passed on him.

I thought about Willis. Actually Morris, too.

But I am drafting for the Dolphins not the Commanders.

For the  Dolphins I want to load up on even more speed. The Bills seem to struggle with that defensively so I wanted to add to it. So for example I took Achane  over Charbonnett. But Charbonnet is more of one of my guys as to favorite players. 

Willis would be one of my guys for the Commanders. Also to be honest I thought he could fall some more. Willis doesn’t have much hype and his “meh” combine seems to have dropped him to the 7th in some mocks I’ve seen.

But I got no regrets about Mallory. As usual I spent more time watching TEs than any other spot and for whatever reason Willis is projected more as an H back/FB in the pros.  But love the character-intangibles -- I posted a ton about it on the draft thread, and he's my favorite 2nd level blocker in the TE group after Darnell.  

As for pure multifaceted TEs my favorites in that third tier 

1. Strange 

2. Schoonmaker 

3. Whylie 

4. Kuntz

5. Mallory 

6. Allen 

For different reasons I’d throw the dice on any of them. Mallory was the last one left that I like among that group and he happens to be the fastest which fits what I want to do for the Dolphins. I think Mallory has a shot

Willis going didn’t give me any pain as much as I like him but Strange going one pick before hurt 😢 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

@mcterry and the Bills on the clock

@WelshSkinsFan and the Bengals on deck

@Skinsinparadise and the Jets soon

@Going Commando and the Jags soon

@Chump Bailey and the giants soon

@clskinsfan and the Pats soon

@KillBill26 and the Bucs soon

@NYSkins21 and the cowboys soon

@goskins10 and the cards soon

@ComManDersFan57 and ther raiders soon

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Washington Commanders soon

1 hour ago, Chump Bailey said:

SIP's probably going to be pissed :)

i had 6 TEs give or take on my radar late in the draft for the Dolphins.  Willis wasn't one of them.  But if its for certain teams including ours, I'd be all over him.  Teams that want to pound the rock.

If I had to think of players that weren't that hyped at all when I watched them, much earlier in the process, but after looking at them I couldn't understand why they got so little love:  Ivan Pace, Ricky Stromberg, Brayden Willis. Brenton Strange, DJ Turner, Riley Moss.  So I ended up with 2 of them in this draft, not bad statistically. 

In that group, I'd say the only ones left that still get almost no hype would be Willis and Riley.  It's starting to build for Strange.

I liked Wright and Laporta before it became cool but I wouldn't say even back at the jump they got almost no love, they did have some in their corner but nothing that intense.  Now its too cool for me, its over the top by the draft media IMO on both of those players.  I still like them but i think some draftniks are a bit too over the top about both.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

I believe in the past we suspended the time restrictions on Easter, because of folks spending time with family.

We have. I have PMed @mcterry It's thier last pick. They may not even realize they have it. Last pick was #137. On the other hand Mcterry is typically pretty good about stayting on top of it. May be a family thing. 

We are doing great in terms of pace. Wouldn't hurt to suspend the clock. If all agree, including the commish, we can give them until tmorrow morning - say 9:00AM. That would be in line with previous years.

Anyone else have thoughts? 

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

I believe in the past we suspended the time restrictions on Easter, because of folks spending time with family.

That feels like a difficult one to govern IMO. Yesterday for example I rushed my picks out of the way due to a family commitment, daughters 17th birthday, and I didn’t want to hold things up along the way. Especially due to time difference over here.

But I don’t have a defining view either way. Probably set the rules up top and then apply them IMO.

2 hours ago, goskins10 said:

We have. I have PMed @mcterry It's thier last pick. They may not even realize they have it. Last pick was #137. On the other hand Mcterry is typically pretty good about stayting on top of it. May be a family thing. 

We are doing great in terms of pace. Wouldn't hurt to suspend the clock. If all agree, including the commish, we can give them until tmorrow morning - say 9:00AM. That would be in line with previous years.

Anyone else have thoughts? 

I’m fine with that no worries, we got some time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

I’m fine with that no worries, we got some time.

I agree. I think suspending the clock  until tomorrow morning at 9am is fair and probably the right thing to do. Especially considering that it is Easter and we are doing great on time.

I say give him some time to “resurrect” till tomorrow morning😬? Just my 2 cents.

Edited by NYSkins21
  • Like 2

@WelshSkinsFan and the Bengals are on the clock!

@Skinsinparadise and the Jets on deck!

@Going Commando and the Jags soon!

@Chump Bailey and the giants soon!

@clskinsfan and the Pats soon!

@KillBill26 and the Bucs soon!

@NYSkins21 and the cowboys soon!

@goskins10 and the cards soon!

@ComManDersFan57 and ther raiders soon!

@COWBOY-KILLA- and the Washington Commanders soon!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WelshSkinsFan said:

Going a little more left field here so @Skinsinparadise should be ok.

With the 206th pick of the ES draft the Cincinnati Bengals select;

Hunter Luepke, FB, North Dakota State

7CED3C52-4665-4F2A-8E13-E9B40DFC8F10.jpeg

He wasn't who I was thinking of, but he's a player i like and highlighted on the draft thread.  With this team's need for a FB, he's argubaly the top one, so he might be on this team's radar, too.  Will see.