Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2021 Free Agency Thread / Tracker Fitzpatrick, Curtis Samuel, William Jackson, LB Mayo, C Larsen WR Humphries, CB D. Roberts, KR D. Carter , LT Charles Leno, S Bobby McCain signed

Riggo-toni

16 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

I heard the same thing on the Kevin Sheehan pod from Monday that the organization really love Scherff and they do not care about paying the 18 mil if they can't work out a LTD this year. 

Well that’s pretty ****ing stupid if true, considering the wide range of options to replace him that were available, if they think a LTD is unlikely—and at a lower cap number, too.

• Like 1

Just now, ConnSKINS26 said:

Well that’s pretty ****ing stupid if true, considering the wide range of options to replace him that were available, if they think a LTD is unlikely—and at a lower cap number, too.

If you go back and listen to Monday's pod in the first 5 min Kevin breaks its down. He didn't say a LTD isn't possible but said that they think he's elite and that they are going to try to workout a LTD but that they are happy to pay the 18 mil for one year is what Kevin essential said on his POD. 

2 minutes ago, Gibbsisgod2006 said:

If you go back and listen to Monday's pod in the first 5 min Kevin breaks its down. He didn't say a LTD isn't possible but said that they think he's elite and that they are going to try to workout a LTD but that they are happy to pay the 18 mil for one year is what Kevin essential said on his POD. 

Yeah I understand, the part that I bolded  is the extremely stupid part if they really think that way. I understand they really want to get a deal done, but if it’s true that they are also just totally happy to blow 18M on him either way if they can’t get it done, that’s not good process at all. That’s all I was saying. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Yeah I understand, the part that I bolded  is the extremely stupid part if they really think that way. I understand they really want to get a deal done, but if it’s true that they are also just totally happy to blow 18M on him either way if they can’t get it done, that’s not good process at all. That’s all I was saying. 

Gotcha and I agree its way to much to pay a guard that amount of money for one year. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

yep you would think so.

I get it, but was he making that much more than an UDFA? When it comes to a class act, reliable guy who is a big part of the punt/kicking game, not to mention message sent in reference to loyalty to a vet, is it the wise move? Not like they could be saving that much $. I dont know, just thinking out loud.

Edited by Chris 44
sp

8 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Chiefs signed Thuney for 80m with guaranteed 48m over the life of the contract, no reason why we can't offer Sherff 82m over 4 years as well, guarantee him 50m, just get the deal done Rivera and Co Now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You can get more than that by how you stagger the contacts.  But I'd guess the last big money move is for WR.  And it sounds like the money might not end up crazy.  

I wonder what Anthony Harris, Jayon Brown, KJ Wright are asking for?  Those would be my favorite non WR possibilities. 

If we get Anthony Harris this defense is going to be insane, he's a big upgrade over Reaves. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Russini on 106.7

one of the top receivers only wants a 1 year deal.  She didn't say whom.

some of them are asking for double digits 10 million plus but teams aren't budging so you got a standoff

Golladay's interest is bouncing around, 2 teams were hot for him initially but now its different teams who are hot in pursuit.  One team in particular in hot pursuit today.  She didn't say what team.  She thinks he gets the most money among the receivers but probably not the figure that they want

She knows WFT are in the mix for receivers but didn't say whom.

Seems to expect some action in general today at WR

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

I get it, but was he making that much more than an UDFA? When it comes to a class act, reliable guy who is a big part of the punt/kicking game, not to mention message sent in reference to loyalty to a vet, is it the wise move? Not like they could be saving that much $. I dont know, just thinking out loud.

He was on the Keim pod a few weeks back. He is recovering from surgery, so maybe that's part of it.

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russini on 106.7

one of the top receivers only wants a 1 year deal.  She didn't say whom.

some of them are asking for double digits 10 million plus but teams aren't budging so you got a standoff

Golladay's interest is bouncing around, 2 teams were hot for him initially but now its different teams who are hot in pursuit.  One team in particular in hot pursuit today.  She didn't say what team.  She thinks he gets the most money among the receivers but probably not the figure that they want

She knows WFT are in the mix for receivers but didn't say whom.

Seems to expect some action in general today at WR

I read that Samuels is the WR that wants a one year deal. 

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Saw some mention the same for Juju.  I guess we will find out soon.  Probably multiple guys on 1 year deals. 

I wouldn't be surprised with the current cap situation that many of the Wr's with the current market situation doesn't push for a one year prove it deal in order to look for a bigger deal the following year based on the cap going up because of the new TV deals set to take place.