Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

No because it’s not their job. There is a entirely federally funded position that is in charge of that. 

You could have figured that out yourself honestly. It’s a silly line of questions lol 

I think it's clear that no, he could not have figured that out himself.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @DCGoldPants said:

One poster is gone and another pops up right after that and you guys are sucked right back on. 

Anywho... 

friends-niel-patrick-harris.gif

You'd be surprised at how fast an hour on a stationary bike goes by while reading political threads when trolls show up here. 😆

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Epochalypse said:

To start they have testified at the 1/6 commission to convict those who participated in the violence or claim it never happened/was just a "dust-up"

This is NOT physical security.  These are words from a defensive coordinator in the National Football League who honestly should not even have opened his mouth about things that he does not fully understand.

I drive past the capital nearly every day, and my question remains, What, from a physical security standpoint, have they done since 1/6/21?  To me, this is what they should be focusing on (How to prevent is from happening again).  To be fair, I do not work for the capital, or the capital police, and do not know what they have in the works, but I can tell you that not much has changed on the physical security aspect.

6 minutes ago, Llevron said:

No because it’s not their job. There is a entirely federally funded position that is in charge of that. 

You could have figured that out yourself honestly. It’s a silly line of questions lol 

Doesn't congress oversee the Capitol Police Board?   And who's in charge of DC police?    Bowser?

Everyone knew trouble was coming.   They knew thousands of white supremacist MAGA lovers were coming to town.   They did nothin.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So IF the democrats are staging all of this to destroy the republican party
Fine by me.
IF this is all to prevent Donald Trump from running again.

Ok, good. Do it harder.

Because IF that is ALL this is, That's GOOD because the sniveling cowardly den of traitors that makes up today's GOP SHOULD be destroyed.

I'm tired of playing nice. If it's all a big fake to GET THEM... then FINE.

GET THEM.

But since it's not a big giant sham, and it's not just a huge show to discredit the most easily discredited person in modern American history, then I'll take the next best thing, which is watching supposedly adult people continue to contort themselves to present a reality that makes any of it seem to be anything other than what it is.

Which is an indictment of their entire cult of personality.

**** them. Let them cry and kick and scream til they ****ing suffocate.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

Just now, FLSkinz83 said:

Doesn't congress oversee the Capitol Police Board?   And who's in charge of DC police?    Bowser?

Everyone knew trouble was coming.   They knew thousands of white supremacist MAGA lovers were coming to town.   They did nothin.   

Read the link yo. Literally all the answers to your questions so far are in the link someone already provided you. They tell you the structure of the Capital police. 

Also the DC police do not have the resources to stop patrolling the city for a day. That’s asking too much. It’s almost like you would need the….National Guard or something. 

You clearly haven’t thought out your questions, though. Even a simple google search would give you the answers you are looking for. I’m starting to think this Pelosi/Bowser question is a real good litmus test for if people are even worth talking to. I’m not going to keep this back and forth up  if you won’t even read the links provided. There is no point. You can’t say we didn’t try and have a civil convo with you either and that was really my entire goal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

This is NOT physical security.  These are words from a defensive coordinator in the National Football League who honestly should not even have opened his mouth about things that he does not fully understand.

I drive past the capital nearly every day, and my question remains, What, from a physical security standpoint, have they done since 1/6/21?  To me, this is what they should be focusing on (How to prevent is from happening again).  To be fair, I do not work for the capital, or the capital police, and do not know what they have in the works, but I can tell you that not much has changed on the physical security aspect.

To your point, and as someone who works within the Pentagon, knowing a problem exists and securing approval and funding to make necessary changes are two different things.

When a large percentage of people believe nothing happened or are afraid that admitting it happened makes them look bad, it becomes even more difficult.

An important step in improving the security is to ensure that there are repercussions if it is attempted again and convicting those who contributed to it happening in the first place.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

One poster is gone and another pops up right after that and you guys are sucked right back on. 

Anywho... 

Ah, c'mon.  The residents of the Tailgate Echo Chamber love nothing more than an unsuspecting conservative to come waltzing in here.  They've been licking their chops for months, let them have their fun.

• Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

Read the link yo. Literally all the answers to your questions so far are in the link someone already provided you. They tell you the structure of the Capital police. 

Also the DC police do not have the resources to stop patrolling the city for a day. That’s asking too much. It’s almost like you would need the….National Guard or something. 

You clearly haven’t thought out your questions, though. Even a simple google search would give you the answers you are looking for. I’m starting to think this Pelosi/Bowser question is a real good litmus test for if people are even worth talking to. I’m not going to keep this back and forth up  if you won’t even read the links provided. There is no point. You can’t say we didn’t try and have a civil convo with you either and that was really my entire goal. 

To be fair we were making the assumption he knows how to read.

5 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

I used to go be near the Capitol until 2020, so I don’t see it day-to-day.  They did have fencing up for months.  I assume that’s gone now. (?). The insurrectionists knew the soft points to breach.  Perhaps there’s been reinforcements there. Fair question.

5 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

I'm not sure they've said other than stronger glass to replace windows that were not already reinforced after 9/11.

I think they're keeping most security improvements they've done as low key as possible atm.

• Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Hahaha.  That other guy must have really drove you crazy.    But no, I'm not a hardcore Trumper.   He's full of s--t.   But I loved the way he drove the left crazy.  And still is.

So you want the president to be a troll? How mature of you.

Nothing is going to prevent Trump from running again. I agree that these hearings are designed to hurt him politically. And while those Murdoch left-leaning publications like the NY Post and Wall Street Journal (ha!) editorial pages over the weekend acknowledged the political nature of the commissions, they made it quite clear that they would really prefer somebody else other than Trump be the nominee in 2024. Questions about security on 1/6 should be asked, but Trump owns that day. It is not a good look.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Ah, c'mon.  The residents of the Tailgate Echo Chamber love nothing more than an unsuspecting conservative to come waltzing in here.  They've been licking their chops for months, let them have their fun.

As an actual old-school conservative, is it absolutely galling that these clowns are able to be called such.
They believe in NO conservative principals, they barely know what any of them are.
Government overreach is fine by them as long as it punishes their political and/ or social enemies.

They have a social agenda, which in and of itself is SO anti-conservative it is crazy.
They do not believe in a well maintained military, and in fact several of their worst have attacked the military, and attempted to drive wedges inside it.
And the free market.. forget it. They abandoned that a long time ago. 

**** these clowns. They are not conservative. They are the Authoritarian party, the Do As We Say party.

~Bang

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 4

37 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Looks like reforms for training and staffing. As well as new n better equipment. 

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/01/04/capitol-security-reforms-jan-6-anniversary-526519

Wait these are large physical security improvements though. Does any one here do physical security? I don’t, but I do work closet enough with them that I am often involved with their yearly reviews and inspections. Policy and procedure is a huge huge part of it. Often times having a policy in place and it not being done is 100% the cause of a breakdown. 

I mean they gave every officer a company cell phone. I don’t have to tell you how much easier that makes communication in the event of something like 1/6 . That’s huge by itself. I can’t honestly believe they didn’t have that previously. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Thumb up 1

40 minutes ago, airborneskins said:

From the article that you linked, I find the following interesting

What have the Capital Police done from a physical security standpoint to stop this from happening again?  

there will be/was lessons learned. But don’t let it distract you from the real evil.

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

The other thing the MAGA morons don't understand or don't care to acknowledge is that the riot on January 6 was just a small piece of a sustained plan to overturn the results of a free and fair election.  The incessant, repeated lying to say it was stolen - outlined today in devastating fashion - laid the groundwork.  The hearings will show the rest.

- Trump trying to recruit to  the DOJ to say the election was stolen. (Trump to acting AG Jeff Rosen - "Just say the election was corrupt, and leave the rest to me and the R congressmen.")

-The multistate project led by John Eastman and Rudy Guiliani to submit to Congress and to the National Archives an "alternate"  - fake - slate of electors from 7 battleground states to counter the will of voters in those states. 

- The insistent pressure on VP Pence to reject the electors duly submitted, so that the counterfeit electors could be counted, throwing the election to Trump despite losing the electoral vote.

It was an audacious, treasonous plan, launched to assuage the ego of a likely insane and clearly sociopathic man who couldn't face the fact that he was rejected for reelection. 

Donald Trump, a month before the election, refusing to promise a peaceful transition of power. And instead stating that the problem is the ballots, and if you just get rid of the ballots then there won't be a transfer of power. 

Overturning the election wasn't some spontaneous event that a few people dressed up like Fred Flintstone's Grand Poobah hatched on the afternoon of the 6th. 

It was something that over 100 (probably over 1,000) long-standing Republican politicians spent months intentionally planning, and executing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1