Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Trump Riot Aftermath (Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes found guilty of seditious conspiracy. Proud Boys join the club)

Cooked Crack

At some point when do GOP 2024 candidates start to attack Trump over this? 

Desantis:  "Our President was willing to have the Vice President lynched in order to maintain power... the man standing right across from me.  How do you explain John Eastman, did you pay him?  I bet you paid him money for his treasonous legal advice."

"Shuttup Dumb Desantis... do you know why I call him Dumb Desantis?  Because he listens to Nancy Pelosi's liiies... and people who listen to Nancy Pelosi's liiiies... I am going to say it slowly so Dumb Desantis understands... people who listen to Nancy Pelosi's liiies are Dumb, just like Desantis... and also that's what his mother named him... dumb.. and that's why I call him Dumb Desantis!"  

GOP crowd goes wild and into a "4 more years chant".  

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 hours ago, Fergasun said:

At some point when do GOP 2024 candidates start to attack Trump over this? 

It'll be interesting to see how it happens and when it starts. Christie is really only the potential hopeful who has called Trump out so far. But I think DeSantis is the only one who has a shot of beating Trump, and right now, given the mindset of the GOP voting base, I'm still very skeptical of that.

A lot of GOPers are more bark then bite when it comes to actually getting rid of our democracy, I'm convinced of that now.

Rhetoric, the little things that add up, its jus not the same as ending it, and we see that with Pence coming all the way up the finish line, helping Trump all along the way for four years, and backing off at the last minute.

DeSantis isn't one of them, he's not "along for the ride", what he's doing in Florida is a clear indication of that.

• Like 1

This idea pence only did this at the last minute doesn’t seem consistent with any of the testimony we saw yesterday. 

in fact, according to all those people, they were against this from the start and never wavered. 

at best they humored the idea by looking into the legality of it. 

And came back with “nope, no where close to legal/constitutional”

• Like 1

7 hours ago, visionary said:

I swear, I dont understand this man.  For a brief moment, he managed to muster up enough intestinal fortitude and clarity to do the right thing, but everything after that, highly dubious.

If my boss supports a mob trying to kidnap and murder me, and calls me while this is going on to berate ME, I'd have a lot more to say about it and it would be NSFW. And said boss would have to face me. Pence is basically like "eh, well, whaddya gonna do".

I mean, this mofo Trump has HIS people outside my door trying to kill me. I would pay any amount of money to hear what Pence said to Trump in real time. Probably "yes sir, no sir" and a bunch of silence, when it shoulda been a string a "F' yous" and words to the effect of "if I get outta this alive, you're gonna get these hands".  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

One of penses lawyers said to eastman

”you’ve lost your ****ing mind”

they were so adamant, Eastman eventually caved and agreed. 

and admittedly only continued pursuing it because he though politically they could get away with kicking it back to the states, and scotus wouldn’t intervene

A plan which pence and his team also were adamantly against. 

6 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I swear, I dont understand this man.  For a brief moment, he managed to muster up enough intestinal fortitude and clarity to do the right thing, but everything after that, highly dubious.

If my boss supports a mob trying to kidnap and murder me, and calls me while this is going on to berate ME, I'd have a lot more to say about it and it would be NSFW. And said boss would have to face me. Pence is basically like "eh, well, whaddya gonna do".

I mean, this mofo Trump has HIS people outside my door trying to kill me. I would pay any amount of money to hear what Pence said to Trump in real time. Probably "yes sir, no sir" and a bunch of silence, when it shoulda been a string a "F' yous" and words to the effect of "if I get outta this alive, you're gonna get these hands".  

Pence is more politically savvy then that.  He knows he can't win nomination for president without Trumps base same as every Republican that wants to be President right now. 

But he's showing he has only enough spine not to end American democracy himself otherwise we wouldn't be guessing what he told Trump when they first meet up after Jan 6.

Pence was along for the whole ride, but in the end he did the right thing.
and that is all the credit I can give him. He did his job in the end.
The hearings have been QUITE compelling. I joke about Judge Luutiq's cadence, but he man was dead on with everything he said. I agree with him, and have said so here myself that this mob is a clear and present danger to the security of the United States. It's been very frustrating to me to watch them get away with as much as they have. I know it is said justice moves slowly, but there is a clock ticking on this, and the ramifications of allowing it to run out can spell the end of this country.

Even as we go through this process now, I am convinced violence is in our future, and especially when Trump is arrested for the crimes for which we are seeing the evidence now, and the multitude of other crimes he committed in office that we KNOW he did. Crimes that range from Emoluments violations to stealing classified documents to attempting o flush them down the toilet, to the grifting, all of it.
It must happen, it should happen, and when it does happen.. that will be a very touchy time. I'd expect not only from the MAGA, but from foreign agitators as well who will do their best to push us over the edge. 
The wind is picking up.

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, tshile said:

This idea pence only did this at the last minute doesn’t seem consistent with any of the testimony we saw yesterday. 

in fact, according to all those people, they were against this from the start and never wavered. 

at best they humored the idea by looking into the legality of it. 

And came back with “nope, no where close to legal/constitutional”

I'm sorry, but he's been enabling Trump with implementing fascism and authoritarianism from the start.  Just because he didn't agree with THAT plan to finish the job means nothing to me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

1 minute ago, Renegade7 said:

I'm sorry, but he's been enabling Trump with implementing fascism and authoritarianism from the start.  Just because he didn't agree with THAT plan to finish the job means nothing to me.

whoever trumps vp was going to be, was going to be an enabler. 

You all are being grossly naive about what was going on at that moment. 

Oh well, pence is a hard core conservative and has spent his whole life dedicated to the causes of hard core conservativism, so the lack of ability to be objective about him in this context is expected. 

You all want it every which way. You wanted a vp that would have stopped trump from doing everything. Completely unrealistic expectation. It detached from reality. 

And in the biggest attack on our democracy in our country’s history, you’re shrugging it off like another day at the office. 

unreal. 

18 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Pence is more politically savvy then that.  He knows he can't win nomination for president without Trumps base same as every Republican that wants to be President right now. 

But he's showing he has only enough spine not to end American democracy himself otherwise we wouldn't be guessing what he told Trump when they first meet up after Jan 6.

He can't win anyway. Trump's base was outside trying to kill him.  He can't undo certifying the election.  He's not getting off the hook for that.

13 minutes ago, tshile said:

whoever trumps vp was going to be, was going to be an enabler. 

You all are being grossly naive about what was going on at that moment. 

Oh well, pence is a hard core conservative and has spent his whole life dedicated to the causes of hard core conservativism, so the lack of ability to be objective about him in this context is expected. 

You all want it every which way. You wanted a vp that would have stopped trump from doing everything. Completely unrealistic expectation. It detached from reality. 

And in the biggest attack on our democracy in our country’s history, you’re shrugging it off like another day at the office. 

unreal. 

Naive?  Not at all. 

And he didn't have to take that job as VP, so yes, he gets to be blasted for being an enabler up until the last minute.

Why?  Because if Trump wins the election, do you think Pence co-operates with any investigation into what would've been I guess in that case a backup plan?  Bruh, he isn't cooperating now.

We got this far because of how many people like Barr "thought this was a bad idea", yet we're walking side by side with Trump while he was tear gassing protesters in his way for a photo op with Bible upside down.

I said this before and I'll say this again, Trump would not of gotten as close as he did if he didn't have help along the way, people don't end democracies by themselves.   

Trump wins the election and folks like Pence, Barr, and Ivanka are still in the white house drinking Trumps piss bowl telling everyone it tastes like skittles.

I'm not in the mood for sugar coating everything else he did like some want to do Bush because he's painting and giving Michelle chocolates.  Anymore then I want to hear about how good it was for Cheney to show his support for his daughter Liz when he showed up at the capitol not to long ago.

Good for him for not supporting something illegal, when other authoritarian countries make it legal.

4 minutes ago, justice98 said:

He can't win anyway. Trump's base was outside trying to kill him.  He can't undo certifying the election.  He's not getting off the hook for that.

I agree, but he doesn't seem to believe that for some reason (like to hear the truth on that one)

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, Bang said:

Pence was along for the whole ride, but in the end he did the right thing.
and that is all the credit I can give him. He did his job in the end.
The hearings have been QUITE compelling. I joke about Judge Luutiq's cadence, but he man was dead on with everything he said. I agree with him, and have said so here myself that this mob is a clear and present danger to the security of the United States. It's been very frustrating to me to watch them get away with as much as they have. I know it is said justice moves slowly, but there is a clock ticking on this, and the ramifications of allowing it to run out can spell the end of this country.

Even as we go through this process now, I am convinced violence is in our future, and especially when Trump is arrested for the crimes for which we are seeing the evidence now, and the multitude of other crimes he committed in office that we KNOW he did. Crimes that range from Emoluments violations to stealing classified documents to attempting o flush them down the toilet, to the grifting, all of it.
It must happen, it should happen, and when it does happen.. that will be a very touchy time. I'd expect not only from the MAGA, but from foreign agitators as well who will do their best to push us over the edge. 
The wind is picking up.

~Bang

Well you know I agree with this assessment but ultimately I remain hopeful, and for a pretty basic reason. For all their threatening blather and LARPer proto-violence, they have no winning move! There is no combination of circumstances or outcomes that would let them achieve their goals. They would need to eliminate roughly 80% of the population of the planet while inflicting no damage on infrastructure or incurring any losses, and even then they'd die miserably because they wouldn't be able to fend for themselves. It's beyond delusional, their bizarre masturbatory fantasies are simply impossible.

Now they can and will inflict a lot of damage and destruction on humanity because that this essentially the only skillset they possess. Innocents will die, cities will burn, but in the end the only thing they will accomplish is waking the sleeping giant of outraged normals stirred to action and driven to exterminate them.

Here's hoping we finish the job this time.

• Like 1

I get what @tshileis saying, Pence couldn't do much during the term. He's the VP, not much else. Breaking senate ties would b his biggest contributions, most likely.
But he damn sure could have been able to know who Trump was before accepting the invitation to be his running mate.
At best he is grossly naïve, at worst he agreed with all of it, except the kingmaking part.

Maybe Pence figured Trump was bound to be thrown out, and he could become president?

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 1

I think you can acknowledge that Pence did the right thing on 1/6 while also be very cynical and depressed that it doesn't matter for the future of the guy who wouldn't concede. I still believe that the GOP nomination is Trumps if he wants it and right now that more than likely leads to him being reelected in 2024.

Talk about lack of accountability. It's appalling.

• Like 1

Just now, Bang said:

But he damn sure could have been able to know who Trump was before accepting the invitation to be his running mate.

The idea that it would have been better for pence, the guy we knew made the right decision when it mattered most, shouldn’t have been there - implying that god knows who should have been there instead - is so incredibly dangerous to me. 

Pence did the right thing. He was there. 

you want to roll the dice that Marco Rubio does the right thing instead?

What about Chris christy?

mitt Romney?

what if, because pence thinks trump is bad and doesn’t want to be his running mate, we wind up with Ted Cruz as VP. You going to sit here right now and say you’ll roll the dice Ted Cruz makes the right decision?

you’re trading a known correct outcome for who the **** knows what. 

and it’s because ultimately you just don’t like all the other things pence did. 

you’re overlooking what appears to be a top 5 most important moment of all time in our history - because you really don’t like all those other things he did. 

I don’t think I can really add more to it. And I respect everyone here’s opinions. I just think you’re focusing on the wrong thing here. And way selling short what that moment was. 

and a lot of people are selling short the decision not to leave. 

everyone loves to pretend they’d be the hero if only they were in that spot. But I know better. Most people are full of **** and cowards. It’s on display regularly. 

• Like 3

Maybe it's just naive hope on my part, but I do think that others would've done the right thing if they were in Pences shoes that day. 

The ignoramus Del Rio feels like 1/6 wasn't a big deal compared to the Floyd riots because he legitimately feels the election was stolen and "nothing burned."

Jack, if Trump's coup attempt had succeeded, there would've been riots that would've made the Floyd stuff look like a campfire.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Maybe it's just naive hope on my part, but I do think that others would've done the right thing if they were in Pences shoes that day. 

The ignoramus Del Rio feels like 1/6 wasn't a big deal compared to the Floyd riots because he legitimately feels the election was stolen and "nothing burned."

Jack, if Trump's coup attempt had succeeded, there would've been riots that would've made the Floyd stuff look like a campfire.

Until we see someone do the right thing....it's hard to think of an example when someone would. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

This Chris Rock video (NSFW) sums up my thoughts on Pence doing what he was supposed to do. He should have been more vocal about WTF was going on behind closed doors before January 6th. **** him. 

Here's the thing about Pence and this Chris Rock clip: Pence is not out there calling himself a hero or anything. Other people might be, but he himself isn't on TV every other week extolling his actions as praiseworthy. In Rock's bit, Pence would be the man who stays out of jail and takes care of his kids without bragging about it. 

My view on it all is kind of like the religious saying "Hate the sin, but love the sinner" except in reverse lol..."Hate the man, but loved his actions." Those actions deserve praise in my eyes. The man/politician himself...not so much.

9 minutes ago, tshile said:

and a lot of people are selling short the decision not to leave. 

everyone loves to pretend they’d be the hero if only they were in that spot. But I know better. Most people are full of **** and cowards. It’s on display regularly. 

The compromise here is to not allow Pence some sort of hero status so he can use to court moderates in his bid for Presidecy himself for doing his job.

Because up until this point, he concerned me as a possible Smart Trump, but he has a line that I don't think matters if he's elected for one or two terms, because of how it will setup the GOP for the future.

He helped Trump purge our government of non-loyalist, it's not safe to hope he wouldn't  continue the process of what it takes to keep GOP in power and achieve his vision for the country, it's not jus Trump that's anti-democracy now.  He's probably salivating at prospect of the SCOTUS Trump added three judges to killing Roe, he is NOT our friend.

You want to give him top 5 momemt in our country's history for staying and certifying the vote, fine, we are indeed fd if he doesn't.  But God help us if Pence is President himself one day.

• Like 2

@Renegade7

yeah - not saying anything about the rest of his career or that this should propel him to being president. 

just trying to recognize someone who did the right thing, despite it meaning his life was (potentially) on the line 

If that seems like a low bar, I’d like to remind everyone someone was trying to overthrow the government. So. Seems to me the definition of low bar changes. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Here's the thing about Pence and this Chris Rock clip: Pence is not out there calling himself a hero or anything. Other people might be, but he himself isn't on TV every other week extolling his actions as praiseworthy. In Rock's bit, Pence would be the man who stays out of jail and takes care of his kids without bragging about it. 

My view on it all is kind of like the religious saying "Hate the sin, but love the sinner" except in reverse lol..."Hate the man, but loved his actions." Those actions deserve praise in my eyes. The man/politician himself...not so much.

He isn't even co-operating with the Jan 6 investigation to say anything though.  He probably would play this up if threatened with jail time or running for president.  Fine he isn't going from screen to screen biting Trump and risking losing his base even more...oh, yea...

• Like 1