Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 minute ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I don't care where you are, punching someone in the throat is dirty.

These people preaching buzzwords don't actually know what they're referring to. Its just random nonsense. Its like when boomers preach to "pull yourselves up by the bootstraps." By that logic, dishwashers should be millionaires.

Don't confuse effort with ability or skill/talent. That should be locked at the top of this thread so we can put an end to the non sense cliches and buzzwords about manhood and being physical and blah blah blah.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Mostly Rivera acknowledging the guarantee while saying it didn't matter and was not important. 

There was no indication we were going to anything outside the ordinary and were jus going to play our game like we did the previous four weeks. 

And every indication is thats exactly what happened to start this game, ultra conservative on offense despite going up against a very powerful offense.  Mental mistakes, drive extending penalties, if there were any adjustments I couldn't tell until the game was well out of hand and another qb was in the game.

The writing is on the wall that we were not ready to play this game.  It seems like someone are laughing this off like we never had a chance in the first place, but we've talked about stuff like this before.  We used to blast Jay for the team being unprepared going into games before, how is this different?

What a coach says to the media is not necessarily what is said/done in the facility behind closed doors. Bellicheck never hypes ANYTHING up to the media either.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's outdated for a reason: because it doesn't actually work. It's the equivalent of "rub some dirt in it." It's a meaningless thing that dumbass people came up with to sound tough. But in reality if you rub dirt in a wound it just gets infected. "Punch them in the mouth" philosophy is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo for the most part. Of course you want to play physical, but it's a physical sport so there's very little getting around that. What matters is talent, planning, and execution. And we were simply lacking in all three of those today, it seems.

We have too many boomer mentality fans who think its still the 80s.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hey, I have a question.

Did Dallas stymie Heinicke today with the...TWO DEEP SHELL?!?!??!?!?!?!?

Impossible. Only Mahomes struggles with it.

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Again you use another buzzword. "intensity." A word that is used often yet is largely nonsense.

What are you talking about? Absolutely intensity and effort matter.  Have you ever played high school football, been in a film session, and seen players called out for it?  You think that doesn't happen at the NFL, too?

Did the Cowboys not also come out intense? If both teams come out intense, then doesn't the team with more naturally better players come out ahead?

There is no way to know how that comes out unless both teams do, thats why its called any given Sunday.  That should not be a pass for us not doing so, what if another team is more talented why even try to beat them? Loser talk.

Our effort wasn't the issue. If anything it was the Cowboys lack of effort in the 2nd half after getting the big lead that allowed us to get back into the game. That's why I'm not whining about how "we didn't try hard enough." Effort and "intensity" weren't the issue today. We were an undermanned team going up against a fully healthy team that's much more talented, coming off extra rest, and guess what? Were also very motivated and also played very hard.

No, no we didn't.  And how are you going to say that our effort doesn't matter, but Dallas lack of effort in the second half let is back in the game in the context of a conversation on how effort during the whole absolutely matters?

Its pro football. Last I checked, Dak and Zeke and Coop and all them also make millions of dollars.

So does Spencer Dinwiddie. So does Chase Young.  Effort matters, and when its missing, it is noticed.

Edited by Renegade7

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's outdated for a reason: because it doesn't actually work. It's the equivalent of "rub some dirt in it." It's a meaningless thing that dumbass people came up with to sound tough. But in reality if you rub dirt in a wound it just gets infected. "Punch them in the mouth" philosophy is just a bunch of mumbo jumbo for the most part. Of course you want to play physical, but it's a physical sport so there's very little getting around that. What matters is talent, planning, and execution. And we were simply lacking in all three of those today, it seems.

Well said and I agree. When your main rival run their mouth and disrespect you and then bring their own benches you either whip their ass so other teams know that kind of behavior won't be tolerated or you put together a game plan an execute it towards victory

Edited by DEASkins

5 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

What a coach says to the media is not necessarily what is said/done in the facility behind closed doors. Bellicheck never hypes ANYTHING up to the media either.

His talk matched the play on the field to start this game, the plan to treat this like jus another game was a mistake.  If they played different to start this game, no one would be talking about him treating this like jus another game during the week. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

These people preaching buzzwords don't actually know what they're referring to. Its just random nonsense. Its like when boomers preach to "pull yourselves up by the bootstraps." By that logic, dishwashers should be millionaires.

Don't confuse effort with ability or skill/talent. That should be locked at the top of this thread so we can put an end to the non sense cliches and buzzwords about manhood and being physical and blah blah blah.

Sure some of it is hyperbole but if you get disrespected in a backyard fight you either fight back or get your ass beat. This is the way football used to be played and considering the way Dallas disrespected us coming into Sunday some of that mentality would have been useful. Either that or you out class, out maneuver and out play them. For example when T. McLaurin got smashed after a reception at the end of the Bucs game he got up and started pounding his chest. That's symbolic of punching the opposing team in the throat. It's an attitude that you need to win in combative sports

Edited by DEASkins
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, DEASkins said:

Sure some of it is hyperbole but if you get disrespected in a backyard fight you either fight back or get your ass beat. This is the way football used to be played and considering the way Dallas disrespected us coming into Sunday some of that mentality would have been useful. Either that or you out class, out maneuver and out play them

We all wanna outplay them. That requires...you know...better players. We don't have that.

So you're advocating our guys thug it up and engage in a street fight. Yeah no thanks. I'm not trying to get the few guys we have active ejected or suspended.

17 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

BS, its the same kinda stuff that coaches and players say even today, this is not a fan based construct at all. 

Not being able to differentiate between talent and effort is fn weird because we've all seen this team give up before in games no matter the talent level throughout the years.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

What are you talking about? Absolutely intensity and effort matter.  Have you ever played high school football, been in a film session, and seen players called out for it?  You think that doesn't happen at the NFL, too?

There is no way to know how that comes out unless both teams do, thats why its called any given Sunday.  That should not be a pass for us not doing so, what if another team is more talented why even try to beat them? Loser talk.

No, no we didn't.  And how are you going to say that our effort doesn't matter, but Dallas lack of effort in the second half let is back in the game in the context of a conversation on how effort during the whole absolutely matters?

So does Spencer Dinwiddie. So does Chase Young.  Effort matters, and when its missing, it is noticed.

Nobody is saying effort doesn't matter.

My argument is that "intensity" and "being tough" isn't the reason we lost. We lost because the Cowboys were the better team. More talented, healthier, coming off extra rest, etc. Period.

We tried plenty hard. The Cowboys also tried really hard. They also have much better players and were much healthier. Therefore, they jumped out to a big lead. When they stopped trying as hard in the 2nd half, we were able to make a bit of a comeback(although largley due to a couple kinda fluky plays).

It isn't all that difficult to comprehend. But I've said my piece. I'm done with this discussion for fear of saying something that will get me banned.

23 minutes ago, mistertim said:

It's the equivalent of "rub some dirt in it." It's a meaningless thing that dumbass people came up with to sound tough. But in reality if you rub dirt in a wound it just gets infected.

It is not actually dumb as you think it is. ;)

“Soil is not simply our matrix for growing food and for building materials. Here we discovered that soil can actually help control bleeding after injury by triggering clotting,” says the study’s senior author Dr. Christian Kastrup, associate professor in the faculty of medicine’s department of biochemistry and molecular biology and a scientist in UBC’s Michael Smith Laboratories and Centre for Blood Research.

The study also uncovered that the mechanism by which soil silicates activate Factor XII and promote faster clotting is unique to terrestrial mammals, or those that live predominantly or entirely on land.

“This finding demonstrates how terrestrial mammals, ranging from mice to humans, evolved to naturally use silicates as a specific signal to Factor XII to trigger blood clotting,” says Lih Jiin Juang, the study’s first author and UBC PhD student in the department of biochemistry and molecular biology. “These results will have a profound impact on the way we view our relationship with our environment.”

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

So you're advocating our guys thug it up and engage in a street fight. Yeah no thanks. I'm not trying to get the few guys we have active ejected or suspended.

I'm not sure about a street fight but I will say I'd rather see one of our O lineman pick up Parsons and body slam him rather than allowing our QB get pretzeled. Maybe my approach is all wrong and my dislike for Parsons and Gregory has blinded me to reality, but from my experience when you go up against thugs or bullies you punch back hard to set the tone

Just now, DEASkins said:

I'm not sure about a street fight but I will say I'd rather see one of our O lineman pick up Parsons and body slam him rather than allowing our QB get pretzeled. Maybe my approach is all wrong and my dislike for Parsons and Gregory has blinded me to reality, but from my experience when you go up against thugs or bullies you punch back hard to set the tone

This is football, not WWE.

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Nobody is saying effort doesn't matter.

My argument is that "intensity" and "being tough" isn't the reason we lost. We lost because the Cowboys were the better team. More talented, healthier, coming off extra rest, etc. Period.

We tried plenty hard. The Cowboys also tried really hard. They also have much better players and were much healthier. Therefore, they jumped out to a big lead. When they stopped trying as hard in the 2nd half, we were able to make a bit of a comeback(although largley due to a couple kinda fluky plays).

It isn't all that difficult to comprehend. But I've said my piece. I'm done with this discussion for fear of saying something that will get me banned.

I disagree that we played hard to start this game. We didn't have the proper play calling and game plan to start this game set up to match the daunting task in front of us.  

I'm not sure why are you acting like effort and intensity are antonyms, and while I disagree with literally punching players in the throat, Dallas was doing stuff like putting olinemen in the backfield of run plays. In football, physicality and toughness are nearly synonymous.  They meant business, we did not.

I'm ready to regroup against Philly, I expect to see a difference after the way we came out today.

Edited by Renegade7

6 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

because we've all seen this team give up before in games no matter the talent level throughout the years.

We have regularly trotted out poorly constructed and/or injury depleted rosters over the years and fans regularly allege that they aren’t trying hard enough.  

I think it’s the most overblown narrative about each and every coach we’ve had not named Zorn.  That our guys are not prepared, don’t play hard for the coach, not disciplined, etc.  Sometimes it appears that way because the team is simply outmatched.  Today was a perfect example of one of those days.

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

This is football, not WWE.

Yeah, the faux-tough-guy thing is getting dumb.

"We should have body slammed guys and punched them in the throat" is exactly the kind of **** that losers do because they're not good enough to win with talent and execution.

Give it a rest, Charles Bronson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

We have regularly trotted out poorly constructed and/or injury depleted rosters over the years and fans regularly allege that they aren’t trying hard enough.  

I think it’s the most overblown narrative about each and every coach we’ve had not named Zorn.  That our guys are not prepared, don’t play hard for the coach, not disciplined, etc.  Sometimes it appears that way because the team is simply outmatched.  Today was a perfect example of one of those days.

The times we completely quit as a team were the end of the Zorn era(Swinging Gate), Spurrier era, Shanahan era etc. Today was absolutely not that. Sometimes you just get outplayed by a much better opponent, especially when said opponent is also extremely motivated and is playing with high effort and passion.

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah, the faux-tough-guy thing is getting dumb.

"We should have body slammed guys and punched them in the throat" is exactly the kind of **** that losers do because they're not good enough to win with talent and execution.

Give it a rest, Charles Bronson.

You've created a scenario that was not my intention but I still disagree with you. In structured sports of course that is the case but against Dallas in the 1st quarter it would have been useful. 

1 minute ago, DEASkins said:

You've created a scenario that was not my intention but I still disagree with you. In structured sports of course that is the case but against Dallas in the 1st quarter it would have been useful. 

Yeah it definitely would have been useful for Charles Leno or Brandon Scherff to body slam Randy Gregory, causing them to get ejected and possibly suspended, and hurting our OL depth even more.

/s

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Teams not being prepared for games and being undisciplined was such a common complaint about Jay Gruden that I'm having trouble agreeing with you. 

Spurrier was getting called out for spending in inordinate amount of time on the golf course versus preparing for games once in the NFL, I remember that. 

We can't give coaches like BB credit for limits in mental mistakes of his team and say coaches have no impact here, they simply have a different standard in New England then we do here.

Stuff we've complained out for years here all the sudden doesn't matter after losing to a more talented team.  I'm not sure why some of us are trying so hard to rationalize what happened today.  If its a coping mechanism, okay cool, thats understandable. 

13 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah it definitely would have been useful for Charles Leno or Brandon Scherff to body slam Randy Gregory, causing them to get ejected and possibly suspended, and hurting our OL depth even more.

/s

Tone setter. I bet a modern day O lineman is athletic and coordinated enough to punish a defender in a gruesome manner without it being a penalty. That being said it's kind of humorous that talking about punishing the Dallas D line in an extreme manner seems to be more offensive than the way our offense played today